Images Sold in January 2021

8 hours ago, MandyD said:

I sold 2 of the chucks today.

MandyD, you're back! It's been a while, I trust all is well with you.

Those chuckwagon race photos have been a good seller for me over the years. Probably less than a dozen or so.

It was always a good time at the races. I loved the thunder of those horse hooves as they came around that corner.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/J4AB5Y/cathedral-interior-malaga-spain-la-santa-iglesia-catedral-basilica-J4AB5Y.jpg

OK so strictly speaking this is not a sale, but actually a refund. It had sold December 6 as a low $$ Personal Use.

I guess the client was disappointed that he/she did not get the whole Malaga Cathedral for that sum.

The image was a first test with the cheap 28-70 Sony kit lens, which I cannot recommend enough. Especially when you find one for $99.

Today's sale was the same Hauptplatz

LInz Main Square Hauptplatz with Plague Column Pestsäule or Dreifaltigkeitssäule Holy Trinity Column. Linz Austria - Stock Image

with Plague Column in Linz, Austria, that sold for the first time last week. This time mid $$

wim

Edited by wiskerke
  • Love 2

One of my few panoramic shots sold - yesterday - Only low $$

panorama-view-of-the-nrg-stadium-interior-during-the-houston-livestock-show-and-rodeo-houston-texas-usa-MB6WA4.jpg

Interior of the NRG Stadium during the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo; Houston, Texas

Kumar

Edited by Doc
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/J4AB5Y/cathedral-interior-malaga-spain-la-santa-iglesia-catedral-basilica-J4AB5Y.jpg

OK so strictly speaking this is not a sale, but actually a refund. It had sold December 6 as a low $$ Personal Use.

I guess the client was disappointed that he/she did not get the whole Malaga Cathedral for that sum.

The image was a first test with the cheap 28-70 Sony kit lens, which I cannot recommend enough. Especially when you find one for $99.

Today's sale was the same Hauptplatz

http://c7.alamy.com/thumbs/4/A0594450-2832-440A-97FB-7B7B4512647E/TT23ND.jpg

with Plague Column in Linz, Austria, that sold for the first time last week. This time mid $$

wim

My 2021 kicked off with a Dec. PU sale refund as well. I have hundreds of images on Alamy taken with a cheap Sony 28-70 kit lens, which I stupidly sold. 😕

18 hours ago, Rico said:

MandyD, you're back! It's been a while, I trust all is well with you.

Those chuckwagon race photos have been a good seller for me over the years. Probably less than a dozen or so.

It was always a good time at the races. I loved the thunder of those horse hooves as they came around that corner.

Long long story...spine completely collapsed and a whirlwind that ensued afterwards. 5 major life events in one year including losing my Dad and oh ya, that's not even counting the pandemic....finding strength in the fact that I will never have to live through that again.

Edited by MandyD

Had this single use editorial drop in this morning... A pretty good sum for The Sun.

Birmingham, West Midlands, UK. 2nd December 2020. After 27 days of lockdown, shops throughout the country have been allowed to reopen to the public. The country has been reintroduced to the three-tier system of local lockdown measures. As such, certain sectors such as the hospitality industry are facing tougher restrictions, with pubs in tier two areas only allowed to serve alcohol alongside a 'substantial meal', and in tier three only open for takeaways. Wales sees an alcohol ban in pubs and a closing time of 6PM. Credit: Ryan Underwood/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

2DEXAB7

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 02 December 2020
End: 02 December 2025
One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.
$$

Edited by RyanU
removing price
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

Some Gloucestershire Old Spot piglets for low $$

a-litter-of-gloucestershire-old-spot-pig

I'll take two please. Delivery address to follow.🙂

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

Lancaster Moor Hospital, the former Lancashire County Asylum. Lancaster, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

lancaster-moor-hospital-the-former-lancashire-county-asylum-lancaster-B63M4T.jpg

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 23 December 2020
End: 24 December 2020
One use in a single editorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online

My second January sale - good $$.  Roman soldier standing guard on Hadrian's Wall.  Might be needing him after #IndyRef2!

A member of the Italian group "Legio I Italica" stands guard during a re-enactment event on Hadrian's Wall in northern Stock Photo

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 26 January 2021
End: 26 January 2031

• Love 2

It’s going to be a good month. More sales in today including this one for $$$ for front cover of a self published book. Confirms the fact that you can never tell what is going to sell.

straight-track-leading-into-distance-to-

Edited by Sally
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

This is one of 28 which dropped in today - $$$ The Sun. 2DEKWWR

cork-ireland-1st-dec-2020-non-essential-shops-are-opening-around-the-country-this-morning-after-being-closed-for-six-weeks-due-to-level-5-covid-19-restrictions-a-small-queue-formed-outside-penneys-on-patrick-street-this-morning-ready-for-a-7am-opening-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2DEKWWR.jpg

That's an amazing price for The Sun! Normally no more that $ for live news use even.

Edited by Sally

10 minutes ago, Sally said:

That's an amazing price for The Sun! Normally no more that $ for live news use even.

Interesting. I know that things have changed in recent times, but...

The only LiveNews sales I ever had (before being removed from the system) were 4 sales in 2018 to The Sun & Scottish Sun. Three were $$ and one was $$$. The last of the 4 sales was a repeat 8 months after the event, when the news item had a revival.

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, Sally said:

Was used in print, too.  Was on the Sun website a couple of hours after I took the pic.

Edited by Colblimp

37 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Interesting. I know that things have changed in recent times, but...

The only LiveNews sales I ever had (before being removed from the system) were 4 sales in 2018 to The Sun & Scottish Sun. Three were $$ and one was $$$. The last of the 4 sales was a repeat 8 months after the event, when the news item had a revival.

It used to be, when I first started here, around $50 for a live news use. Then it plummeted to $9-$12. Those are non-print uses however.Not so with The Times though fortunately.

Edited by Sally