Images Sold in January 2021

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I find barely a third of mine and a book use is even less likely to turn up. Though I have had a couple on publishers' or sellers' sites. Not in the UK though.

I've sometimes got lucky although it's the precious ones that slip through.

Edited by Richard Baker
Grammar!

3 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

A cover! - although 1/8 of a page doesn't sound it's worth getting excited about. Nothing appears under Google Images yet.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 26 January 2021
End: 26 January 2031

re-enactment-soldier-at-housesteads-fort

Looks like there's a lady climbing over the fence in the background ( Boudica ? )  !

Hope you find where your photograph is used.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Thiago Trevisan said:

Hoping for everyone's sales to take off, just like the aircraft and its light trails here :)

$$
Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in an editorial newsletter.
Start: 23 January 2021 End: 23 January 2026

sao-paulo-congonhas-airport-showing-mult

That's a hell of a steep take-off trajectory. Great pic!

Licensed today: a heavy police presence at Reeth Show in the Yorkshire Dales...

police-officers-at-reeth-show-swaledale-yorkshire-dales-national-park-GN716K.jpg
  • Love 1

Hadn't sold anything since the end of June, but this popped up today: bagpipes from when I lived in the Virginia DC suburbs.  Bagpipes, low $$, editorial book, Up to 5,000 print and electronic use, up to 1 page, World-All Languages, 7 year duration: 

KHFMND.jpg

I don't think this was ever zoomed, and I doubt bagpipes are underrepresented on Alamy. 

Edited by MizBrown
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

On 09/01/2021 at 20:12, Christine M Baker said:

SFL

I am new to Alamy, do you see a lot of $1  sales ?    I don't have thousands of images up yet, I am still uploading,  but the one sale I got was $25.  Is this the average price?

One sale I got from another Stock House  was actually  25 cents !

Any comment would be appreciated

You'll get a variety of sale prices. I'd expect you'll do well coming from Canada, speaking of which my cousin lives in Alberta and her name is...(drum roll) Christine Baker. 

17 hours ago, Sally R said:

This is a great image Thiago. I love the mix of colours and lights. Hope your sales take off as well!

Thanks Sally! :)

7 hours ago, John Morrison said:

That's a hell of a steep take-off trajectory. Great pic!

Thanks John! Congonhas is a peculiar airport, closely located to countless buildings in Sao Paulo, one could say it's the Brazilian version of London City Airport but with bigger aircraft. Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont Airport is very interesting to, take off trajectory is even more impressive as you can see here (sadly not sold yet) as planes deviates from the Sugar Loaf.

Only a presentation use, but I'm happy to see any kind of sale this month. Also, this image brings back some pleasant memories. I took it from my hotel in Minéral de Pozos, an isolated old mining town in Mexico's central highlands.

the-dome-of-the-parroquia-san-pedro-chur

Mini-update: Just noticed that a mid $$ book license has shown up as well, so there is still hope for January. 😊

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 4

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing - $

Yeah! My efforts to photograph people or editorial subjects...

J757W2.jpg

UK Newspaper

I recently rejoined the UKNS and was surprised that it sold for $16. It used to be around $5. Anyone else?

C3F81N.jpg

$

Usage: Editorial ; 

Media: Editorial website ; 

Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ; 

Start: 28-December-2020 ; End: 28-December-2025 ;
Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom

showcase-with-old-anisette-bottles-in-ho

• Like 1

Low $$, Times or Guardian?

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Newspaper - national ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside and online ; 

Start: 13-December-2020 ; End: 14-December-2020 ;

Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions

within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online

christ-church-and-georgian-and-victorian-houses-shops-and-villas-on-H27TWD.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

UK Newspaper

I recently rejoined the UKNS and was surprised that it sold for $16. It used to be around $5. Anyone else?

It varies greatly, presumably based on print run or individual agreements.

• Love 1

This dropped in today.

Looking over river Witham from the Viking way towards Washingborough Lincolnshire June 2020

looking-over-river-witham-from-the-viking-way-towards-washingborough-lincolnshire-june-2020-2CGJ9CJ.jpg

PU  Worldwide  low $$.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 04-December-2020 ; End: 04-December-2025 ;
Additional Details: One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom $

marble-arch-london-uk-28th-nov-2020-a-protest-is-taking-place-against-the-lockdown-restrictions-in-place-for-the-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-despite-the-metropolitan-police-issuing-a-statement-to-remind-protesters-that-such-a-gathering-would-be-unlawful-during-the-current-regulations-many-still-attended-protesters-joined-piers-corbyn-at-speakers-corner-and-headed-out-corbyn-was-surrounded-by-police-in-marble-arch-in-an-attempt-to-stop-the-protest-corbyn-was-later-arrested-2DE2EXG.jpg

I'm hoping there's still more live news sales recorded of these, otherwise I've got a lot of chasing up to do.

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

UK Newspaper

The lower fee is usually web only, but that doesn't seem to apply to yours I've just had a $16, print and web, presumably the same paper.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

The lower fee is usually web only, but that doesn't seem to apply to yours I've just had a $16, print and web, presumably the same paper.

Ok thanks.

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 04-December-2020 ; End: 04-December-2025 ;
Additional Details: One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom $

marble-arch-london-uk-28th-nov-2020-a-protest-is-taking-place-against-the-lockdown-restrictions-in-place-for-the-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-despite-the-metropolitan-police-issuing-a-statement-to-remind-protesters-that-such-a-gathering-would-be-unlawful-during-the-current-regulations-many-still-attended-protesters-joined-piers-corbyn-at-speakers-corner-and-headed-out-corbyn-was-surrounded-by-police-in-marble-arch-in-an-attempt-to-stop-the-protest-corbyn-was-later-arrested-2DE2EXG.jpg

I'm hoping there's still more live news sales recorded of these, otherwise I've got a lot of chasing up to do.

He doesn't half get around. Which paper?

15 minutes ago, Cal said:

He doesn't half get around. Which paper?

Can't tell from that info. A number of the red tops used them 'live' with others following on. This is licenced from 4 Dec, so presumably taken from stock, and GIS brings up four pages from this image alone. Copytrack has found a large number of uses of which many will be scraped, so making for a right job to sort the legal from the not.