Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, NYCat said:

 

This mad creature makes me smile! What an outfit. Ready for the Academy Awards red carpet. Or maybe is has to be some music awards.

 

Paulette

Thanks Paulette. The mantis shrimps are generally shy, but from time to time I come across one which is kind of crazy. Instead of retreating to their burrow, they'll dash out and run around boulders , peeping over and around to see if this big bubble belching diver is still around. I've even had them come towards me (as this one did) and hide underneath me as I kneel on the bottom trying to get a photo. I sometimes wonder if they see themselves in the glass port of the camera housing and think there is another mantis in their territory.

 

Edited by cbimages
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Given me inspiration also I made blueberry pancakes this afternoon and took a few shots on the RX100 before eating.  They were yummy what the images will be like I have no idea😁

 

Carol

Mine were plain pancakes but topped with blueberries. Not taken recently. I’m left-handed and most of the time I forget to put the utensils like a right-hander would do. ☹️

B4PCCM.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

Just awful.  Does Alamy really need a client/buyer like this.  The only way it might benefit Alamy is if it is a HUGE bulk sale.  But needless to say, it does not benefit us.

 

My thoughts too. Very worrying if this starts to become the norm. If posted on the forum, will be interesting to try tracking what type of image is typically licensed for 25 cents and avoid shooting them.

Edited by sb photos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Mine were plain pancakes but topped with blueberries. Not taken recently. I’m left-handed and most of the time I forget to put the utensils like a right-hander would do. ☹️

B4PCCM.jpg

 

Betty, the plain pancakes topped with blueberries look very nice. I haven't eaten anything like that around 25 years being diebetic. I do enjoy a few blueberries with a little greek low fat yogurt though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Mine were plain pancakes but topped with blueberries. Not taken recently. I’m left-handed and most of the time I forget to put the utensils like a right-hander would do. ☹️

B4PCCM.jpg

 

Great photo. If the placing of the utensil is that important the buyer can horizontally flip the image.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:


Hi Carol, thank you. We have the same problem with eating the food, I’ve given up with any of our main meals. Cakes are easier, and you can eat them as you go 😋
 

🙂

 

15 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Given me inspiration also I made blueberry pancakes this afternoon and took a few shots on the RX100 before eating.  They were yummy what the images will be like I have no idea😁

 

Carol

My first effort........somewhat wanting on the styling front but it was our dinner so I got five frames off in 56 seconds.!

This base was a bit ugly too......as I'm unsystematic my dough often misbehaves......it was sticky and hard to handle this time.

 

DSC06474.jpg

 

 

DSC06477.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Mine were plain pancakes but topped with blueberries. Not taken recently. I’m left-handed and most of the time I forget to put the utensils like a right-hander would do. ☹️

B4PCCM.jpg

Wow Betty those look delicious puts mine to shame ha ha - note to self, must try harder😄

 

14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

 

My first effort........somewhat wanting on the styling front but it was our dinner so I got five frames off in 56 seconds.!

This base was a bit ugly too......as I'm unsystematic my dough often misbehaves......it was sticky and hard to handle this time.

 

DSC06474.jpg

 

 

DSC06477.jpg

 

 

 

That looks amazing also - definately an art to food photography which I don't think I have but will keep trying......

 

Carol

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

😄

 

That looks amazing also - definately an art to food photography which I don't think I have but will keep trying......

 

Carol

 

 

That was just a big softbox to the left and a gold reflector opposite, but white would have done almost as well on this. The softbox is very close- just out of shot- so you get a nice big catchlight on the olives. The marble was a bit hot to the left so I dragged a bit of a grad across in LR. Nothing special in processing. I turned off my usual extra saturation as it made the sauce a bit lurid. Still a little clarity and vibrance though.

Practice on something cold and not too tasty looking!

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cbimages said:

Thanks Paulette. The mantis shrimps are generally shy, but from time to time I come across one which is kind of crazy. Instead of retreating to their burrow, they'll dash out and run around boulders , peeping over and around to see if this big bubble belching diver is still around. I've even had them come towards me (as this one did) and hide underneath me as I kneel on the bottom trying to get a photo. I sometimes wonder if they see themselves in the glass port of the camera housing and think there is another mantis in their territory.

 

I feel quite guilty about eating them now. (Venice and Shanghai- clang).

Not as pretty as that though.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

$. I think the plaque at the other end licensed a couple of years ago.

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 30 November 2020
End: 30 November 2025
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

 

plaque-marking-the-end-of-the-essex-way-high-lighthouse-harwich-essex-JAYF6T.jpg

 

 

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

That was just a big softbox to the left and a gold reflector opposite, but white would have done almost as well on this. The softbox is very close- just out of shot- so you get a nice big catchlight on the olives. The marble was a bit hot to the left so I dragged a bit of a grad across in LR. Nothing special in processing. I turned off my usual extra saturation as it made the sauce a bit lurid. Still a little clarity and vibrance though.

Practice on something cold and not too tasty looking!


Well that’s better than any pizza shots I’ve attempted. They made we want a pizza, which is the main thing with any food photography.
 

My setup was much the same as yours. In the books I’ve been following they use diffusers in front of their lights or windows. I don’t have a standard diffuser so I hung a cheap, £1.99, opaque Asda shower curtain in front of the softbox, just to soften the light a bit more. They’re rubbish as shower curtains but are a good make shift diffuser.


 

9 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Mine were plain pancakes but topped with blueberries. Not taken recently. I’m left-handed and most of the time I forget to put the utensils like a right-hander would do. ☹️

B4PCCM.jpg


Betty they look fantastic, I want to eat one of those as well. Just after a slice of Space Cadets pizza. 😋

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:


Well that’s better than any pizza shots I’ve attempted. They made we want a pizza, which is the main thing with any food photography.
 

My setup was much the same as yours. In the books I’ve been following they use diffusers in front of their lights or windows. I don’t have a standard diffuser so I hung a cheap, £1.99, opaque Asda shower curtain in front of the softbox, just to soften the light a bit more. They’re rubbish as shower curtains but are a good make shift diffuser.


 


Betty they look fantastic, I want to eat one of those as well. Just after a slice of Space Cadets pizza. 😋

Kind of you to say so but these days I tend to use that or a snoot and honeycomb for most things. It is a pretty big Photoflex softbox from my portrait days, about 60x90 by 50cm. deep, with silver interior panels (they stayed in) and two diffusers. It was under 2 feet from the pan, pretty low down to get some relief.

Probably this one

https://www.photoflex.com/product/litedome/

medium size, but I'm sure a cheaper Chinese version would do.

Edited by spacecadet
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Kind of you to say so but these days I tend to use that or a snoot and honeycomb for most things. It is a pretty big Photoflex softbox from my portrait days, about 60x90 by 50cm. deep, with silver interior panels (they stayed in) and two diffusers. It was under 2 feet from the pan, pretty low down to get some relief.

Probably this one

https://www.photoflex.com/product/litedome/

medium size, but I'm sure a cheaper Chinese version would do.

 

Sorry, I think I confused you. I was using a softbox, a large square Bowens one with an inside diffusion panel and outer diffusion panel. The opaque curtain (instead of a separate diffusion panel to the softbox) was hung in front of that. I'm using a Godox 200 pro to illuminate it, its a lot less faff than dragging the studio lights out 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

 

Sorry, I think I confused you. I was using a softbox, a large square Bowens one with an inside diffusion panel and outer diffusion panel. The opaque curtain (instead of a separate diffusion panel to the softbox) was hung in front of that. I'm using a Godox 200 pro to illuminate it, its a lot less faff than dragging the studio lights out 🙂

You can probably get a result close to mine, then. I'm not using any extra diffusion on the light. Minilite 200. Fortunately I can leave one head set up all the time, just put up the reflector and softbox when needed.

Put a pic up, if you like, and we can discuss it.

 

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

 

 I was using a softbox, a large square Bowens one with an inside diffusion panel and outer diffusion panel. The opaque curtain (instead of a separate diffusion panel to the softbox) was hung in front of that. I'm using a Godox 200 pro to illuminate it, its a lot less faff than dragging the studio lights out 🙂

Maybe start a thread on "food photography"?

Anyone else?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lud’s Church in Staffordshire, sold for editorial magazine use, low $$. It’s the most atmospheric place, used in the 15th century by the Lollards as a secret meeting place to hold church services. Legend has it that Robin Hood hid out there too. 

luds-church-gradbach-peak-district-natio

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2021 at 13:52, Thyrsis said:

Sold for editorial book use for mid $$. Image was shot in Oxford in 2007 when we had a good snowfall! snow-on-the-emperors-heads-outside-the-s

Now look what’s happened....it’s snowing heavily in Oxford!

Link to post
Share on other sites

"16 Billion Items Delivered Safely and Securely Every Single Year". Royal Mail HGV. M6 Motorway Southbound carriageway, Shap, Cumbria, England, U.K. 

16-billion-items-delivered-safely-and-securely-every-single-year-royal-mail-hgv-m6-motorway-southbound-carriageway-shap-cumbria-england-uk-PXN6DW.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 23 January 2021
End: 23 January 2026

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

Damn this sausage roll keeps selling for TV usage god knows why

 

$$$

 

5 MB
1068 x 1602 pixels
117KB compressed
Worldwide, Television(editorial)

 

 

Takeaway pork sausage roll in puff pastry studio isolated Stock Photo

Wow amazing and making me feel hungry so I guess that's why I sells well ....

 

Carol

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The U.S. Medal of Valor, I shot this in 2019 at a show of antique military vehicle show (my son loves military history) and this medal was on display.  U.S. TV use for low $$$.

January is turning out to be an okay month after all! Shot with my Sony RX10 mk IV

 

usa-united-states-medal-of-honor-war-hero-army-TWBC65.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just had 3 sales come in for this image at once, same presentation or newsletter use for the same low $$. I'm assuming the buyer is the same but has three separate usages for the same picture, or at least hoping that is the case and all three sales stick. They are RM so it could be three different but related usages. Happy for the sales anyway.

 

pacific-black-duck-anas-superciliosa-in-late-afternoon-light-with-beak-tucked-in-feathers-2B9CBNE.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.