January 2021 Favourite Uploads

gvallee

20 minutes ago, Olivier Parent said:

Thank you very much Chuck!

These images are 5 years old. As I know I will not have the opportunity to travel and scuba dive in 2021 with the crisis we are facing right now, I feel the need to dig into the images I have on my hard drives, looking for some forgotten pictures that would remind me of better days. French Polynesia always reminds me a lot of nice memories!

You have me lusting for travel too, Olivier.

49 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Had to reach for the side of the sofa to steady myself... Smashing picture.

Super wide angle shot.

Allan

• Like 1

My British friends may recall Prince Charles voicing his criticism of modern architecture in London spoiling the city's traditional skyline. That was in the '80s. Royals tend to support the status quo. Somebody should. Nowadays, traditional and ultra modern architecture stand side-by-side in UK cities. I've grown to like it. I think it works. And it gives me something interesting to focus on.

39-41-strand-street-in-liverpool-2E2C22X

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

My British friends may recall Prince Charles voicing his criticism of modern architecture in London spoiling the city's traditional skyline. That was in the '80s. Royals tend to support the status quo. Somebody should. Nowadays, traditional and ultra modern architecture stand side-by-side in UK cities. I've grown to like it. I think it works. And it gives me something interesting to focus on.

39-41-strand-street-in-liverpool-2E2C22X

That top corner office looks like a tight fit!

• Like 1

2E1JM9D.jpg

Think this sums up a cold morning here in Spain during lockdown. You can just make out a hint of frost on the head and nose which we never get normally on the north coast and the barrier tape around this rubbish bin disguised as a bear extends around the closed children's playground.

• Love 1

A great view of the docks area though, Michael. 

I can't recall one chilly day in my year in Seville, Tony. And I fondly recall all those lovely days I've spent in Mallorca, Ibiza, and down on the coast of Malaga. my stepbrother owned a bar in Marbella in the '70s. Unfortunately the Spainish bureaucracy did not work out for me. 

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Not sure if "fortune cookies" are a thing in the U.K. but I actually got this one recently and had to take a photo of it.

food-chinese-funny-fortune-cookie-2E2B0FP.jpg

reminded me of that rather amusing scene in "Mickey Blue Eyes"... you will find it on YT by searching "Mickey Blue Eyes eat cookie"... 

6 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

A great view of the docks area though, Michael. 

I can't recall one chilly day in my year in Seville, Tony. And I fondly recall all those lovely days I've spent in Mallorca, Ibiza, and down on the coast of Malaga. my stepbrother owned a bar in Marbella in the '70s. Unfortunately the Spainish bureaucracy did not work out for me. 

Spanish bureaucracy hasn't improved!! You wisely stayed in the warm south Ed. First real frost I have seen in nearly 14 years on the coast though. Good riddance Filomena.

2 minutes ago, Cal said:

A new favourite has superceded my geese in the snow picture, this time a church gets a dose of the powdery stuff. Isn't snow wonderful.

St Peter's Church, Belmont, Lancashire, England, UK. Church of England, Diocese of Manchester. Church grounds illuminated at night in snow Stock Photo

hum, i just shovelled for 30 minutes- the heavy wet kind, and expecting 10-15cm more... yes snow is wonderful.....  

now off to try and capture some of it.... and the stuff Ottawa people do in this during a stay at home, maybe perhaps use your judgement but feel free to drive to your cottage to take care of maintenance state of emergency. 

Edited by meanderingemu

1 hour ago, DDoug said:

Holed up thanks to the virus, photography these days consists mostly of digitizing old film images. This one's a Kodachrome from 1979.

Fisherman's Picnic, Lawson's Landing, Dillon Beach, California, July 1979 Stock Photo

Nice shot, you've done well to suppress that big pesky white cloud while bringing out the DR in the shadows - I'm guessing there was a fair bit of dodging and burning?

5 hours ago, Cal said:

Nice shot, you've done well to suppress that big pesky white cloud while bringing out the DR in the shadows - I'm guessing there was a fair bit of dodging and burning

Edited by DDoug
  • Love 1

Went to visit a reasonably nearby flying fox camp late last week. It was challenging due to recent rain events and flooding. The mosquitoes nearly carried me off, as I prefer not to use bug spray when trying to get up close and personal with wildlife. This lovely bat posed prettily for me.
grey-headed-flying-fox-pteropus-poliocephalus-with-wing-open-hanging-from-a-branch-vulnerable-species-see-below-2E35R0G.jpg

• Love 5
  • Like 1