Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Webby said:

I'm a 5 star general and its been a problem for my uploads ;)

 

Periodically QC seems to check an upload of even the ️ people.  How else can they keep some of us from becoming complacent about our own QC?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

My issue is more a communication one, it now appears there was problems with the News feed for over 14 hours, yet there was no communication whatsoever.  I never got even a reply to message on social media, my AIM acknowledges there was an upload, but it sits with zero image, so system knows I tried.  There has been no message to contributor affected of what happen to these images, potential solutions like, "upload again (sic!) or we will open the reportage option so at least you can have them available for the future".  The issue on the stock side over 24 hours , should we stop let system catch up? Do we upload again? ....Do i go today in -20C try and capture impact again?

 

 

and this doesn't address the issue that the last set of "occasional issues" prior was labelled to be a "scheduled update" where at least a heads up communication would have been easy.

Hi Meanderingemu, I've passed on this feedback so the teams are aware. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sb photos said:

Thanks for the update. Should we not upload until Alamy advise the issue is resolved, or continue uploading knowing the upload queue  bottleneck will be freed up and our images will be on sale quicker?

You can still upload new submissions whilst our systems are catching up. I've asked for an update as soon as the backlog has been worked through as this is the only thing causing delays at this point. Will keep you posted!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Ah, I could have sworn I uploaded a couple and poof! Uploaded some more and...poof! No evidence. I guess I'll just wait to see if they reappear.

I've just stumbled upon my 'missing' submissions by accident.  In AIM in the white column on the left 'my submissions' - they're appearing right at the bottom after all the dates/years, under 'test submissions'.  No info though, just gives the date and says 0 images.  Some of mine that had disappeared have reappeared this morning after a couple of days.  I'd already resubmitted them unfortunately so have now deleted them

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kay said:

I've just stumbled upon my 'missing' submissions by accident.  In AIM in the white column on the left 'my submissions' - they're appearing right at the bottom after all the dates/years, under 'test submissions'.  No info though, just gives the date and says 0 images.  Some of mine that had disappeared have reappeared this morning after a couple of days.  I'd already resubmitted them unfortunately so have now deleted them

Very odd! All seems to be back to normal for my subs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the same AIM subject, I have noticed over the past week or so that in 'Your Images' my zooms have completely dried up. Also the total zooms against searches seem to be unusually low. This may just be coincidence or a case of 'this is how it is' over the period. I normally have around 20 to 30 zooms per month on a regular basis. I'm just curious - has anybody else noticed a drop off in this area?

Jim  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alamy said:

You can still upload new submissions whilst our systems are catching up. I've asked for an update as soon as the backlog has been worked through as this is the only thing causing delays at this point. Will keep you posted!

 

Thanks for answering my query. I'm glad I only uploaded 1 image as a test when the problem was first reported, rather than a batch tied up in a queue for days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alamy said:

You can still upload new submissions whilst our systems are catching up. I've asked for an update as soon as the backlog has been worked through as this is the only thing causing delays at this point. Will keep you posted!

 

Could you please address the concerns about why the search engine is now taking around 2 full days to update, if not longer.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Cal said:

 

Could you please address the concerns about why the search engine is now taking around 2 full days to update, if not longer.

 

Yep.  Again this morning, afternoon Alamy time, the images that made it through yesterday are not up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alamy said:

You can still upload new submissions whilst our systems are catching up. I've asked for an update as soon as the backlog has been worked through as this is the only thing causing delays at this point. Will keep you posted!

 

are we to expect that all images submitted will reappear someday, or should me resubmit them?  I still have 2 stock submissions that i see no trace of from Tuesday 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

Yep.  Again this morning, afternoon Alamy time, the images that made it through yesterday are not up.  

 

It's actually worse than I thought. Images becoming visible around 2 days after going "on sale" in AIM is still the case. But I've got a few images where I changed the keywords or rephrased some of the text, one dating back to last week, where the changes don't show up on the image page itself nor are the changes searchable. I thought I was losing the plot so I checked in AIM and the changes are definitely there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cal said:

 

It's actually worse than I thought. Images becoming visible around 2 days after going "on sale" in AIM is still the case. But I've got a few images where I changed the keywords or rephrased some of the text, one dating back to last week, where the changes don't show up on the image page itself nor are the changes searchable. I thought I was losing the plot so I checked in AIM and the changes are definitely there.

 

interesting i'll do some tests

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rob Mac said:

I have reuploaded the 16 images that went missing the other day.......let's see what happens !

 

 

i recommend monitoring your AIM over the next few days, in case you get duplication.  If you catch it before they go live, you are able to delete one without the 6 months wait.  i did when my News image showed up after 2 days.

Edited by meanderingemu
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

i recommend monitoring your AIM over the next few days, in case you get duplication.  If you catch it before they go live, you are able to delete one without the 6 months wait.  i did when my News image showed up after 2 days.

Thank you, I will keep my eye on it 👍

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

On the same AIM subject, I have noticed over the past week or so that in 'Your Images' my zooms have completely dried up. Also the total zooms against searches seem to be unusually low. This may just be coincidence or a case of 'this is how it is' over the period. I normally have around 20 to 30 zooms per month on a regular basis. I'm just curious - has anybody else noticed a drop off in this area?

Jim  

 I've only had two zooms this month which is much less than normal and even views are way down. Only 56 views which is around half to a third of my usual figure. Now if this is down to natural buyers preferences and views then fine but with all the other problems on the site lately one can't be sure that buyers are actually seeing the images. Sales are down too so it is concerning to me that my images are being viewed otherwise we're all just wasting time here. At least under BHZ we had some idea of where our images sat in the big scheme of things. The algorithm used now gives me no confidence.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cal said:

 

It's actually worse than I thought. Images becoming visible around 2 days after going "on sale" in AIM is still the case. But I've got a few images where I changed the keywords or rephrased some of the text, one dating back to last week, where the changes don't show up on the image page itself nor are the changes searchable. I thought I was losing the plot so I checked in AIM and the changes are definitely there.

....and when you hover over an image of yours you see the updated caption?

But when you click and open it you see the old caption?

Am I right? I've been through this recently...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/06/2018 at 17:25, Phil Robinson said:

I uploaded two batches earlier today without problems but now it seems stuck - is it just me?

Uploaded a small batch just now seemed fine - just have to wait until yesterday's and todays hopefully gets through QC - I'm sure Alamy are doing their best....

 

Carol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sultanpepa said:

 I've only had two zooms this month which is much less than normal and even views are way down. Only 56 views which is around half to a third of my usual figure. Now if this is down to natural buyers preferences and views then fine but with all the other problems on the site lately one can't be sure that buyers are actually seeing the images. Sales are down too so it is concerning to me that my images are being viewed otherwise we're all just wasting time here. At least under BHZ we had some idea of where our images sat in the big scheme of things. The algorithm used now gives me no confidence.

My views seem to be holding up to about average but the situation regarding zooms concerns me. This particularly relates to CTR for which mine is dropping rapidly. I still access BHZ every now and again to see if anything has moved but in the last few years my three pseudonyms have all moved just two or three places each. As you say, the current algorithm and where we actually stand remains a bit of a mystery. Regarding sales this month, during the current situation I've managed just one. I've never had a month-end surge but maybe this is the time!

Jim.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just getting started on Alamy, so I appreciate others comments.  I have tried to upload 4 images in the past few days, and they always disappear.  I see this is happening to others as well so I hope it's fixed soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kay said:

I've just stumbled upon my 'missing' submissions by accident.  In AIM in the white column on the left 'my submissions' - they're appearing right at the bottom after all the dates/years, under 'test submissions'.  No info though, just gives the date and says 0 images.  Some of mine that had disappeared have reappeared this morning after a couple of days.  I'd already resubmitted them unfortunately so have now deleted them

 

Thanks, I see mine there too. I wonder why they are being considered test submissions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just uploaded another single image, 12/17,  19:00 EST, via archival on the web uploader and it went through quickly and was ready for 

captioning and keywording quickly in AIM.

 

QC stars have nothing to do with it.  The system seems to be working fine.  My only complaint is that it appears to be taking longer, over 24 hours,

for the images to be searchable on the Alamy site?

 

Chuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

 My submission of a few days ago still appears to be lost in the ether, despite receiving the QC cleared email. Two subsequent submissions have gone straight through,I'm wondering if I should resubmit that first batch?

 

Edit - just checked as Kay suggested and there is a label Test Submissions, with the correct heading, but no photos.

Edited by Bryan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.