Actual commission rates paid?

Phil Friar Photography

Question

I have not been very active with Alamy since I joined, however recently two of my photographs have sold and I decided to submit a lot more photos. However I have noticed that the second sale of $28.20 has had $19.74 taken out for Alamy's commission. That is 70%. I was of the belief that I would receive 50% for an image exclusively supplied to Alamy.

Can anyone put me right on this?

53 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Are these for web uses of images downloads from Alamy but never reported by the client?

In my case yes. Mainstream outlets unreported which have to be chased and chased, and then as today being requested to re-send the links. Clearly Alamy aren't aware that they've been downloaded and would be lost money if we didn't do the work.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Avpics said:

In my case yes. Mainstream outlets unreported which have to be chased and chased, and then as today being requested to re-send the links. Clearly Alamy aren't aware that they've been downloaded and would be lost money if we didn't do the work.

As I have said before I am amazed that Alamy does not know the ISBN numbers of the books in which our images are used. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1