Since this weekend site maintenance Lightroom plug-in is not working properly

snogueira

Question

13 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Jay D said:

Didn't realise there was a Lightroom plugin? 

The fastest way I know to upload and sync data to Lightroom.

You get collections with Sold, not ready and on sale, and a lot more. I am only using this to upload files and get the last status on them.

Until Friday I had my collections all up to date, since this so called maintenance, that I do not understand how can a site go down for so long unless there is an attack on it, I no longer have the on sale and not ready files up to date.

I do not expect alma to be running in only on server, so there should be balanced servers to deliver service in a proper way.

2 hours ago, snogueira said:

The fastest way I know to upload and sync data to Lightroom.

You get collections with Sold, not ready and on sale, and a lot more. I am only using this to upload files and get the last status on them.

Until Friday I had my collections all up to date, since this so called maintenance, that I do not understand how can a site go down for so long unless there is an attack on it, I no longer have the on sale and not ready files up to date.

I do not expect alma to be running in only on server, so there should be balanced servers to deliver service in a proper way.

I kinda wonder if they're colocated in London and if so, do they have cages of their own, which Alamy administers remotely or sends people in with the cage key to fix or replace hardware, or if they're in racks that the colo personnel do basic maintenance on.   Looks like they may be blocking traceroute.  I get as far as iefp.uk.exponential-e.net before hitting the stars.   Exponential-e.net is based in the UK but all other information in Whois is REDACTED FOR PRIVACY.   Exponential-e.net doesn't list Alamy as a customer on its webpage. 

If you have only recently uploaded the Not Ready images, the issue is simply that the database has not been updated. So although your images show For Sale in image manager, on the database they are still Not Ready. I'm afraid that patience is the only answer, frustrating as that may be, particularly for topical images.

40 minutes ago, Russell said:

If you have only recently uploaded the Not Ready images, the issue is simply that the database has not been updated. So although your images show For Sale in image manager, on the database they are still Not Ready. I'm afraid that patience is the only answer, frustrating as that may be, particularly for topical images.

These are images I upload some weeks ago but added the data these days...

6 hours ago, snogueira said:

I do not understand how can a site go down for so long unless there is an attack on it,

Internet has some interesting problems included backhoes, famously known in some circles for being deadly predators of subterranean cables.

4 hours ago, MizBrown said:

I kinda wonder if they're colocated in London and if so, do they have cages of their own, which Alamy administers remotely or sends people in with the cage key to fix or replace hardware, or if they're in racks that the colo personnel do basic maintenance on.   Looks like they may be blocking traceroute.  I get as far as iefp.uk.exponential-e.net before hitting the stars.   Exponential-e.net is based in the UK but all other information in Whois is REDACTED FOR PRIVACY.   Exponential-e.net doesn't list Alamy as a customer on its webpage. 

On your image ID 2DEEY6E I believe you have misspelled the place name, Jinotega.

On 07/12/2020 at 18:47, snogueira said:

These are images I upload some weeks ago but added the data these days...

The plug-in has continued to work fine but the Alamy servers are being much slower to put images on sale. It used to be only one day to update but at the moment it is taking several days.