Jump to content

First Sale of December - Magazine with 5M Print Run?


Recommended Posts

My first sale of December dropped in this morning (possibly from the 30th November). A shot of the Millennium Ball at Waterford Crystal factory, nice (low 3 figure) price. What I'm curious about is that it sold to a magazine with a worldwide print run of up to 5 million, for 5 years starting 1st December 2020.  

Does anyone know which magazines have that sort of print run size?

y4mAoriLvrnmpGUIk73KuV0klcxu6slBVuEl62Gf

Edited by Steve Valentia
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

 

Thanks Wim. I went there before I posted, to be honest. Couldn't find anything that was close to the 5M. I assume Alamy's categories are broader (up to 2M, up to 5M etc)?

 

My guess is that publications over-report to one side and under-report to the other.

 

wim

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

What did the region field say?

 

wim

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 5 million
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 December 2020
End: 01 December 2025
Print run: unlimited; Duration: Life of Licensee’s Media for all editions; Reuse Included across all of Licensee’s Media

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 5 million
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 December 2020
End: 01 December 2025
Print run: unlimited; Duration: Life of Licensee’s Media for all editions; Reuse Included across all of Licensee’s Media

 

If you download your sales as a spreadsheet, it will in addition to this have a column region.

 

wim

Link to post
Share on other sites

National Geographic maybe. It used to have a circulation of over 6 million a few years back. 

 

Try this for global circulation figures once you have the Region info.

Edited by geogphotos
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

National Geographic maybe. It used to have a circulation of over 6 million a few years back. 

 

Try this for global circulation figures once you have the Region info.

 

25 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

 

If you download your sales as a spreadsheet, it will in addition to this have a column region.

 

wim

 

Thanks Guys. The region is US. I was just wondering if it might be National Geographic, when I saw the region. I've hit the Big Time, after 40 years (hopefully!) :) 

UPDATE: NG figures are only around 97, 000 per issue as of June 2020.

Edited by Steve Valentia
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Valentia said:

 

 

Thanks Guys. The region is US. I was just wondering if it might be National Geographic, when I saw the region. I've hit the Big Time, after 40 years (hopefully!) :) 

UPDATE: NG figures are only around 97, 000 per issue as of June 2020.

3.1 million according to Geog's link. More like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I got two of those today, just shy of $$$. Same terms, US, says “up to 5 million”.

 

Interesting. My image was of public art -- a large BC First Nations cedar sculpture of a killer whale (Orca). What were yours?

 

 

Edited by John Mitchell
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.