Your Favourite Image?

Ed Rooney

This is one of my favorites. I had never been out of the 48 states, and had only ever dreamed about seeing a tropical island.  I only had to take about 15 steps from the veranda of the vacation cottage my sister & I rented to take this image with my Nikon D800 on a tripod, at 3 a.m. It was magical.
St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands.

a-full-moon-shines-over-the-caribbean-se

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 6

Oh dear, how do you choose between many favourites? I've picked this one because it illustrates so many concepts: beauty, peace, solitude, the insignificance of humans in the landscape, and for today's world, self-isolation and social distancing.

solitary-woman-sitting-on-the-beach-coverack-cornwall-DG19G0.jpg

Alan

• Love 2

4 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

This is one of my favorites. I had never been out of the 48 states, and had only ever dreamed about seeing a tropical island.  I only had to take about 15 steps from the veranda of the vacation cottage my sister & I rented to take this image with my Nikon D800 on a tripod, at 3 a.m. It was magical.
St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands.

a-full-moon-shines-over-the-caribbean-se

A perfect moonscape, Betty. I've been to the other US Virgins, but not St. Croix. 

• Love 1

Great shot Edo !

My favourite comes from the days when I was fit enough to carry a heavy camera and lenses up the wonderfully named Helvellyn, climb down Swirral Edge and return over Striding Edge, the memory is as important as the image.

a-young-man-looks-down-along-striding-ed

• Love 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

Oh my, Bryan. I was never young enough to go there. 😲

I've admired it respectfully from a distance. Probably with a glass in my hand and I don't mean the field variety.🍷

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

Some wonderful images.  Great idea Ed.  

This is probably my favourite for what i like.  I appreciate the details of difference part of the quotidien .  Not my best technical image, and not even the one that was licensed of the Zagreb Santa tram, but as soon as i saw this the first time i would plan to be at that corner around calculated schedule time until i got one i liked.  

santa-operating-tracks-for-santa-claus-tram-as-part-of-the-advent-market-celebration-in-zagreb-going-through-the-streets-of-the-capital-R6BEYY.jpg

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Some wonderful images.  Great idea Ed.  

This is probably my favourite for what i like.  I appreciate the details of difference part of the quotidien .  Not my best technical image, and not even the one that was licensed of the Zagreb Santa tram, but as soon as i saw this the first time i would plan to be at that corner around calculated schedule time until i got one i liked.  

santa-operating-tracks-for-santa-claus-tram-as-part-of-the-advent-market-celebration-in-zagreb-going-through-the-streets-of-the-capital-R6BEYY.jpg

LOL Go Santa!

This is tough. Like asking who is your favorite kid.  This one does come to mind as it just came together so nicely.  I stumbled on this coffee shop in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana that was having an informal Cajun music jam session.  I felt like it said so much about the sense of place.  I was on an assignment from a U.S. newspaper travel section and they ran this the full top half of the opening page of that section, which just made my day! 

usa-louisiana-la-cajun-country-breaux-bridge-cajun-music-jam-session-B1CH1K.jpg

• Love 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I found this file in a forgotten folder on my computer, staying there for the last 6+ years...

I quite love the colours and how the tiny meadow flowers add up to the pink girl's bike.

P.S. Oh, I've misunderstood the topic.

It's my favourite from the recent submissions...

12 inches pink girl's pedal bike with training wheels in open shade on green meadow backyard Stock Photo

bembridge-windmill-isle-of-wight-B6RN4H.jpg

This is one of the first images I successfully uploaded to Alamy back in 2008. I liked it then and still like it now although there a a lot more that I like but as this was in the first 10 images sent to alamy that is why I selected it.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
Realised image was squashed. Now corrected.

10 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

This is tough. Like asking who is your favorite kid.  This one does come to mind as it just came together so nicely.  I stumbled on this coffee shop in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana that was having an informal Cajun music jam session.  I felt like it said so much about the sense of place.  I was on an assignment from a U.S. newspaper travel section and they ran this the full top half of the opening page of that section, which just made my day! 

usa-louisiana-la-cajun-country-breaux-bridge-cajun-music-jam-session-B1CH1K.jpg

At first look, Michael, I thought the man in the wall picture has a hold on the fiddler’s hat!  :) Very nice image. Where’s my Po’ Boy.

• Love 1

Not my favourite but a favourite from my Alamy pics. More about the experience really. Niagara Falls was amazing to see half frozen but hard for me to capture the beauty. It was down to -20C this day!

It's funny how sometimes the picture info stays on and sometimes it doesn't.

ice-covered-binoculars-with-american-niagara-falls-in-background-M9DPJ8.jpg

• Love 4

On 27/11/2020 at 10:58, Ed Rooney said:

Not favourites, just one. And why. 

Here's mine. Men pouring bronze at a foundry in Rome. It was captured on film in the late 1960s, but except for the newspaper hat it could have been the Middle Ages. We Humans have been doing this dangerous manual deed for over 5000 years.

men-pouring-bronze-at-a-foundry-in-rome-

Ed (Edo)

Since you are into music, Jazz and film  check out Alamy Image 2APX45D

Shot with a Nikon F, 200mm f4 Nikkor on Ektachrome 200 and I

Hope you remember Ernestine, she was a wonderful person with

a great voice.

Sorry have not spent the time to learn how to insert an image into the forum....

Chuck

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Bryan said:

Great shot Edo !

My favourite comes from the days when I was fit enough to carry a heavy camera and lenses up the wonderfully named Helvellyn, climb down Swirral Edge and return over Striding Edge, the memory is as important as the image.

a-young-man-looks-down-along-striding-ed

I remember hiking along that ridge as a young soldier.

The weather was awful, cold and ice/snow about. The locals told us to not to go up, but our officer in charge insisted we go up and walk.

Couldn't see a damn thing !

Edited by AlbertSnapper
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I remember hiking along that ridge as a young soldier.

The weather was awful, cold and ice/snow about. The locals told us to not to go up, but our officer in charge insisted we go up and walk.

Couldn't see a damn thing !

Crackers, it's plenty scary in full sun ! (but maybe better if you can't see the drop 🙃)

Edited by Bryan

11 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

At first look, Michael, I thought the man in the wall picture has a hold on the fiddler’s hat!  :) Very nice image. Where’s my Po’ Boy.

I do love a good Po' Boy sandwich!  Not a great place to be if on a diet but the food of Louisiana is sure tasty!

Mark, I understand why you and others might want to put up more than one capture . . . but please all: don't do that. It kills the concept. And we already have another post like that. Naughty boy! 

MV, I was saving my po' boy experience for my trip to New Orleans. But I never got to go. So I've never had one.

Edo

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Mark, I understand why you and others might want to put up more than one capture . . . but please all: don't do that. It kills the concept. And we already have another post like that. Naughty boy! 

MV, I was saving my po' boy experience for my trip to New Orleans. But I never got to go. So I've never had one.

Edo

Now I want one too! The best, in my opinion, have fried shrimp, lettuce, tomato and a spicy aioli mayonnaise, all in a freshly made baguette (crunchy on the outside and soft inside). If the bread isn’t right, it’s no good!