New interface? “Best Solution” added to old posts?

I noticed a new interface today. Tweaked a little. Also, when I tapped the bell at the top of the page in the forum, there were two notifications saying two different older posts of mine were marked as “best answer”. When following those to the posts, they were in an outlined box saying “Best Solution”.

Anyone else seeing this?

5 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I noticed a new interface today. Tweaked a little. Also, when I tapped the bell at the top of the page in the forum, there were two notifications saying two different older posts of mine were marked as “best answer”. When following those to the posts, they were in an outlined box saying “Best Solution”.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, I noticed it, relating to an old post of mine from around 11 months back. The forum has been refreshed.

20 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Anyone else seeing this?

those were probably from me.  I didn't realise we were supposed to highlight answers that solved questions on the Ask Contributor Forum, had always just used the "thanks" icon,  but it seems that this is new best practice with the introduction of the "Member's Solved Count" checkmark, so i went and updated my questions to give proper credits. 

again thanks for the helpful input

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, gvallee said:

What is the significance of the new ticked number next to reputation points under an avatar? 9 in Betty's case.

It's the number of time they got a check mark in the "Ask the Forum" forum, 

(i should probably remove my 1, as i gave it to myself just to test)

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

It's the number of time they got a check mark in the "Ask the Forum" forum, 

(i should probably remove my 1, as i gave it to myself just to test)

Erm, don't think it's just that. I seem to have a score of 6, yet I rarely venture out of snappily-named 'Stock photo discussion and contributor experience' and have only ever been to 'Ask the forum' once or twice.

Edited by losdemas

16 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Erm, don't think it's just that. I seem to have a score of 6, yet I rarely venture out of snappily-named 'Stock photo discussion and contributor experience' and have only ever been to 'Ask the forum' once or twice.

i wonder if there is any legacy forum stuff that is also included, as it does appear people who have been around longer have number in excess to what is in the Ask the Forum which only started last year.

1 minute ago, meanderingemu said:

i wonder if there is any legacy forum stuff that is also included, as it does appear people who have been around longer have number in excess to what is in the Ask the Forum which only started last year.

Ah, yes, could be. Could also be that 'Stock photo discussion and contributor experience' used to be called 'Ask the Forum'!

• Like 1