November 2020 challenge: Photographers

wiskerke

My three:

Taken two days ago in Oakland, California, Kamala Harris' hometown during celebrations of a Biden/Harris victory. Man taking a photo of a Trump piñata head.

oakland-california-usa-7-nov-2020-joe-bi

USA presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren meeting a fan.

may-31-2019-elizabeth-warren-for-united-

Little black girl hitting a Trump piñata with a stick as onlookers take photos, the night Biden was declared winner in the USA presidential election.

2d9x06r.jpg

• Love 2

Thats Danny MacAskill, a cult hero in our household. If any of you don<t know him then feast your eyes on these gorgeous videos featuring Danny's skills - great production, great music and incredible riding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj0CmnxuTaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_7k3fnxPq0

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Congrats Wim on your win! I guess photogs in the Netherlands had an advantage! 😉

Here are my three:

1. Photographers on the beach at sunset, Laig Bay, Isle of Eigg, Scotland

a-group-of-photographers-silhouetted-against-the-sunset-laig-bay-isle-ANYGRA.jpg

2. A buddhist monk taking a photo on his phone; U-Bein bridge, Mandalay, Myanmar

buddhist-monk-taking-a-photo-with-a-smartphone-mandalay-myanmar-burma-EGTXDC.jpg

3. A family taking a selfie at a Father Christmas race, Wichester, UK

a-family-dressed-as-santas-taking-a-selfie-photo-winchester-hampshire-HCJEB3.jpg

Kumar

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Congrats Wim on your win! I guess photogs in the Netherlands had an advantage! 😉

Here are my three:

3. A family taking a selfie at a Father Christmas race, Wichester, UK

a-family-dressed-as-santas-taking-a-selfie-photo-winchester-hampshire-HCJEB3.jpg

Kumar

Top Right: MISERABLE SANTA. 🤨

Allan

5 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

Thats Danny MacAskill, a cult hero in our household. If any of you don<t know him then feast your eyes on these gorgeous videos featuring Danny's skills - great production, great music and incredible riding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj0CmnxuTaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_7k3fnxPq0

Just sold a photo of him today, too 

But yes you are right and he is fabulous to watch. A very friendly guy as well.

Congratulations Wim!

Here goes...

1. A professional photographer taking a picture of Dettifoss waterfall and river valley in Iceland (well he looked like a professional! 😅 He was blocking the best vantage point so I waited my turn and took the photo op... This actually sold for an exam paper.)

a-professional-photographer-taking-a-pic

2. A tourist (my wife!) in a chic navy and white dress taking a selfie with rowing boats and a lake in the background in Burgenland, Austria

a-tourist-in-a-chic-navy-and-white-dress

3. A couple using a selfie stick in Pingvellir National Park, Iceland

a-couple-using-a-selfie-stick-in-pingvellir-national-park-iceland-F1DRDA.jpg

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Steve F said:

Congratulations Wim!

Here goes...

1. A professional photographer taking a picture of Dettifoss waterfall and river valley in Iceland (well he looked like a professional! 😅 He was blocking the best vantage point so I waited my turn and took the photo op... This actually sold for an exam paper.)

a-professional-photographer-taking-a-pic

I swear every time I look at this, it's moving. How do you do that? It's like those portraits in Harry Potter that move. I feel like I'm right there.

18 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

I swear every time I look at this, it's moving. How do you do that? It's like those portraits in Harry Potter that move. I feel like I'm right there.

Hah, thanks. A slower shutter speed so the water is a bit blurred and not frozen. It was very spectacular (and noisy!)

On 09/11/2020 at 14:10, Steve Hyde said:

Congratulations Wim, here's my three:

2D9XTG8.jpg

A Zombie press photographer from the Undead Chronicle!

F1XNCG.jpg

London tourists having a good time

KD7AEC.jpg

New York tourists on the 'Top of the Rock' !

I like your last image but for me it has raised some questions.

I went to NYC and visited the top of the rock in early 2019. I was just starting to get into stock at the time and took some nice photos from up there, but felt I couldn't upload them due to the restrictions. You have to pay to get in and are obviously on private property and I remember reading at the time that you were not allowed to sell any photos taken up there unless released. They have an inquiry form on their website for people wanting to to do "photoshoots" up there so I presume the intention is to charge anyone wanting to make money off the view handsomely. I also read that some of the buildings in the view from the observation deck are copyrighted, but I don't know how true this is. In other words it sounded to me like a legal quagmire and I didn't bother risk uploading the images even for editorial use. I notice yours isn't marked editorial so did you have permission or are you not worried about the risk? if you did get permission was it easy to obtain?

16 minutes ago, Cal said:

I like your last image but for me it has raised some questions.

I went to NYC and visited the top of the rock in early 2019. I was just starting to get into stock at the time and took some nice photos from up there, but felt I couldn't upload them due to the restrictions. You have to pay to get in and are obviously on private property and I remember reading at the time that you were not allowed to sell any photos taken up there unless released. They have an inquiry form on their website for people wanting to to do "photoshoots" up there so I presume the intention is to charge anyone wanting to make money off the view handsomely. I also read that some of the buildings in the view from the observation deck are copyrighted, but I don't know how true this is. In other words it sounded to me like a legal quagmire and I didn't bother risk uploading the images even for editorial use. I notice yours isn't marked editorial so did you have permission or are you not worried about the risk? if you did get permission was it easy to obtain?

The US has freedom of panorama. Images of US buildings don't infringe US copyright. The same is true in most of the world, for public works of art.

BTW the term "copyrighted" doesn't have any legal meaning. Works of art are usually protected by copyright, subject to exceptions such as FOP. The US is the only country with statutory copyright registration, but works are still protected without it; it merely conveys enhanced damages, but it makes infringement proceedings a rich man's game.

Edited by spacecadet