wildlife-photographer-in-action-E1779R.jpg

Photographing runners in the park

photographing-runners-in-the-park-CPKB2K.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Thanks wim. Useful tips too.

Candidates for the Darwin Awards (rules on Wikipedia) of course also stand a good chance, combining at least two of the above list. 😂

burning

This was a hoax. Or rather a staged image as a promotional for a volcano chaser.

Petapixel

Phlearn

wim

edit: Allan, if you go back to your images for a moment, double click on each and check the box Keep original aspect ratio.

That way they won't appear squished on most displays.

Waiting for next train.  Sakura season photography, Wakayama Prefecture, Japan

wakayama-prefecture-japan-large-group-of-amateur-photographers-waiting-for-train-to-come-around-bend-during-cherry-blossom-season-W5DEYH.jpg

Smile!  Tourists surrounding African Penguins (Jackasses) in Simonstown South Africa. 

group-of-visitors-surrounding-an-african-penguin-in-order-to-capture-their-perfect-picture-simonstown-south-africa-RMCEDR.jpg

The Assistant. Puebla, Mexico

male-model-posing-for-photo-shoot-in-central-zocalo-while-female-assistant-sprays-a-water-mist-bottle-group-is-standing-by-a-fountain-in-puebla-2ARBMGX.jpg

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Candidates for the Darwin Awards (rules on Wikipedia) of course also stand a good chance, combining at least two of the above list. 😂

burning

This was a hoax. Or rather a staged image as a promotional for a volcano chaser.

Petapixel

Phlearn

wim

edit: Allan, if you go back to your images for a moment, double click on each and check the box Keep original aspect ratio.

i am always curious how people assess the candidacy to Darwin Awards based on an image, considering the no progeniture requirement.

49 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Allan, if you go back to your images for a moment, double click on each and check the box Keep original aspect ratio.

Is that in rightclick in FF? It would save me a bit of time, I have to drag between monitors to get it right.

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Is that in rightclick in FF? It would save me a bit of time, I have to drag between monitors to get it right.

No, just here in the Reply to this topic... AKA Submit Reply box on this forum.

So go back to your original post.

Click Edit.

Double click on each image and tick the box Keep original aspect ratio.

Click save.

Done.

Why? Dunno. Sometimes an image comes with that box ticked but from some places it comes not being ticked. Sometimes an images becomes flattened like with some thumbnails; sometimes squished as with some zooms/comps. The small magnifying glass button between the Size and GIF buttons, will give you a Preview. It is not a search button.

Anyway that box cures it.

wim

• Thanks 1

On 08/11/2020 at 22:34, Phil Robinson said:

Someone might recognize himself here

london-england-uk-members-of-the-media-photographers-and-tv-crews-waiting-outside-the-cabinet-office-in-whitehall-for-the-arrival-of-labours-br-T7NDH1.jpg

Whitehall 2019

I found an almost identical Whitehall frame somewhere, Phil (Tolga's finger up like he's about to conduct a choir and SR looking a bit 'is this it?' 🙂 ), so suspect I was standing next to you. I remember then hurridly running back into line about 20 secs later as they were finally coming along the pavement, think this was Starmer/Nandy/Long-Bailey (and Milne in bg) walking up to cab office, no? 

Edited by imageplotter
typo

Congratulations Wim !

Here are my three entries:

Windy and mobile phone photography at Westminster Bridge, London

W9FHE6.jpg

Two men taking pictures of NYC skyline  from Observatory deck on Empire state building 86th floor

TCHE50.jpg

what could go wrong at the edge of a cliff 😉

TXYJT8.jpg

• Love 1

On searching I found I've got 70 images tagged photographer!!!

https://c1.alamy.com/thumbs/3/53c9e2ba-4c1c-4d50-ac30-1b90cf4466eb/HFAC00.jpg

Instant photography the pre-polaroid way!

https://c1.alamy.com/thumbs/3/ef344229-2cea-409e-9090-2eae589529ca/G0TAXN.jpg

Photographing an ass!

https://c1.alamy.com/thumbs/3/d5723f61-da4f-4a12-aa7d-4f4237cf47aa/E7D6N1.jpg

BTS I did whilst another photographer was shooting for a charity calendar.

Phil

• Love 1

16 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Thank you for the information wim. I learn something new every day.👍

Is there a way of setting the image anti squishing permanently so every image uploaded to the forum looks normal without going through the procedure every time?

Allan

12 hours ago, wiskerke said:

No, just here in the Reply to this topic... AKA Submit Reply box on this forum.

So go back to your original post.

Click Edit.

Double click on each image and tick the box Keep original aspect ratio.

Click save.

Done.

Why? Dunno. Sometimes an image comes with that box ticked but from some places it comes not being ticked. Sometimes an images becomes flattened like with some thumbnails; sometimes squished as with some zooms/comps. The small magnifying glass button between the Size and GIF buttons, will give you a Preview. It is not a search button.

Anyway that box cures it.

wim

I found one of my images had to have the size reduced on the width for the "Keep original" to work. Unfortunately it is also necessary to reduce the height in line with reducing the width.

Allan

EDIT: I have just realised that I was transferring the extra large image that you can get on the Alamy site and after using the "Keep original" box the image was reduced to the same size as you get when first clicking on the Alamy image to bring up the first enlargement.

So uploading the first enlargement would save time.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on your cracking photo Wim!

Three from me...

Thermal imaging camera checking a domestic consumer unit.

Using a thermal imaging device camera to test a mains electricity consumer unit, fuse box. Stock Photo

Woman taking pictures in lavender fields.

A woman photographs lavender fields at Snowshill, near Broadway, in the English Cotswolds. Stock Photo

Edited by TeeCee
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, imageplotter said:

I found an almost identical Whitehall frame somewhere, Phil (Toga's finger up like he's about to conduct a choir and SR looking a bit 'is this it?' 🙂 ), so suspect I was standing next to you. I remember then hurridly running back into line about 20 secs later as they were finally coming along the pavement, think this was Starmer/Nandy/Long-Bailey (and Milne in bg) walking up to cab office, no? 

It was indeed. I thought you were hiding in the background somewhere - I didn't realise you had stolen my idea

First of mine:

A couple taking a photograph of the setting sun at Cape Cornwall, Cornwall, South West England, UK Image ID: 2AHN9GW

A couple taking a photograph of the setting sun at Cape Cornwall, Cornwall, South West England, UK Stock Photo

Edited by Stokie
larger image too big!!
  • Love 1