Similars by PA Media

11 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi everyone, 

First of all thanks for pointing this out. We understand this situation is not ideal and are looking into the root cause of the duplicates with PA media. 

Many thanks,

Elisabeth 

Thank you. Look forward to hearing the reasoning, actions taken, and what is to be done to ensure that everyone can compete fairly & equally going forward.

12 minutes ago, noelbennett said:

That example from The Cork Examiner is interesting because I have never seen an Alamy credit on an Irish newspaper. It opens up interesting possibilities if Alamy images were to appear under the PA name.     

CATE MCCURRY, PA

They are offering a complete package of story and image so can slant it to whatever market they want. 

Now, that would be a good idea for Alamy.

Edited by geogphotos

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Bump.

Any news, Elisabeth?

Well, there's this:

Byline Times, 23 November 2020

Hidden TRAUMA A&E Nurse Reveals Abuse of Disabled by Family Carers

Take your pick:

File photo dated 03/10/14 of a nurse on a ward at a hospital. Healthcare professionals will be able to train to become doctors and nurses more quickly after leaving the EU, the Government has said. - Stock Image

https://www.alamy.com/search.html?imageurl=ac12c123-edd5-4fcd-aad4-c85cb31bf366.jpg&mode=0

(79 identical images)

Note that they all have different date taken dates. The oldest is G7DTN9. Date taken: 3 October 2014.

And with G7DTN9 as id # it must have been here for quite a while.

wim

edit: good to see they're all RM.

Edited by wiskerke

2 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Note that they all have different date taken dates. The oldest is G7DTN9. Date taken: 3 October 2014.

And with G7DTN9 as id # it must have been here for quite a while.

wim

i wonder if date taken is an EXIF problem, because they are all captioned with similar date and uploaded likely through live news as "From File"  (all have note "may contain imperfection") 

Just now, meanderingemu said:

i wonder if date taken is an EXIF problem, because they are all captioned with similar date and uploaded likely through live news as "From File"  (all have note "may contain imperfection") 

Maybe some sort of automation going on. Could be deliberate though.

Could we learn from this? Should we also try it? 😂

wim

• Love 1

12 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Maybe some sort of automation going on. Could be deliberate though.

Could we learn from this? Should we also try it? 😂

wim

I'm tempted.

Kind of ironic that my only LiveNews sales (before I got pushed) were 3 from the same shoot that I was told prior to upload that I shouldn't bother with 'cos they could be sourced from stock. I had to phone to push them through - and got half a dozen good sales.

...not that I'm sour or anything...

angry work GIF

🤣

EDIT: Wish that there was a Pause/Play button on these gifs. Funny once, but when you are forced to watch them on repeat while reading a post...🥱 Won't delete it this time as this post has been commented on mentioning the gif.

Edited by losdemas

7 hours ago, losdemas said:

I'm tempted.

Kind of ironic that my only LiveNews sales (before I got pushed) were 3 from the same shoot that I was told prior to upload that I shouldn't bother 'cos they could be sourced from stock. I had to phone to push them through - and got half a dozen good sales.

...not that I'm sour or anything...

angry work GIF

🤣

Looking at the gif reminds I used to have first a Mac Plus, then an SE30 looking like the 2 Macs above. The SE30 had a 40MB hard drive, how things have advanced.

Hi everyone, 

We have been migrating millions of images into the platform and this is an example of a problem that should be fixed soon. As with any duplication issue from any contributor, we gather all the required info before releasing the fix and removing the duplicates. Please note that there are no special favours involved. 

All the best, 

Elisabeth 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi everyone, 

We have been migrating millions of images into the platform and this is an example of a problem that should be fixed soon. As with any duplication issue from any contributor, we gather all the required info before releasing the fix and removing the duplicates. Please note that there are no special favours involved. 

All the best, 

Elisabeth

Thank you, Elisabeth. Good to hear that this issue will be addressed soon. All I needed to know.

• Alamy locked this topic