Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Martin L said:

 

I phrased that wrong. On the website their 'commercial' means selling photos for profit, which therefore doesn't matter if it is commercial or editorial on Alamy.

It's up to you what you do with the photos or what anyone else does so ignore it if you want, I just thought it was worth letting you know that there are photographic restrictions in force.

i have looked into this as I only live down the road and is quite frustrating as I have yet to find the answer if permission is required just for big photo shoots with vans, models, lights etc or if it does include someone like me just taking photos for stock

 

Thanks for flagging it up, Martin. I think the problem is that many organisations don't understand what stock photography is. They usually write their photography policies with just big commercial shoots in mind, and obviously it's fair enough that they charge for those. If you ask whether you can do stock photography, they usually don't have an answer, as they haven't considered it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mid $$ popped today. was zoomed last month

 

Country: Illinois (sic!)
Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 10 November 2020
End: 10 November 2025

 

Making Illinois a country, probably an attempt of having their results removed from USA election!

 

ottawa-canada-september-28th-2020-people-attending-the-stop-uyghur-genocide-and-call-for-action-by-the-government-of-canada-rally-organised-by-the-uyghur-rights-advocacy-project-urap-on-parliament-hill-in-ottawa-a-couple-hundred-people-came-to-protests-the-ongoing-genocide-of-uyghur-muslims-at-the-hand-of-the-current-chinese-regime-calls-for-concrete-actions-from-the-government-of-canada-to-condemn-the-actions-credit-meanderingemualamy-live-news-2CW8Y7D.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

exeter cathedral nave and organ Stock Photo

 

Getting almost 1 per day at the moment   mid $$ of Exeter Cathedral

 

Another older image reworked during lockdown

 

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 100,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 21 December 2020
End: 21 December 202

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Martin L said:

 

I phrased that wrong. On the website their 'commercial' means selling photos for profit, which therefore doesn't matter if it is commercial or editorial on Alamy.

It's up to you what you do with the photos or what anyone else does so ignore it if you want, I just thought it was worth letting you know that there are photographic restrictions in force.

i have looked into this as I only live down the road and is quite frustrating as I have yet to find the answer if permission is required just for big photo shoots with vans, models, lights etc or if it does include someone like me just taking photos for stock

 

Not that it's relevant to me but I shall certainly ignore it. If you are going to bind yourself with restrictions like this you will find less and less to photograph!

The New Forest is a huge area and no restriction could possibly affect images taken from a right of way anyway.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This for $$ - The Atholl Highlanders on parade at Blair Castle.  First time I've had a sale for television, as far as I recall...

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 11 November 2020
End: 11 November 2025
Licence covers all media within the UK for 5 years

 

The Atholl Highlanders on parade at Blair Castle in Perthshire, Scotland. Stock Photo

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roy Waller said:

 

 

Good to get one in the first half of the month. These little critters knew exactly what I wanted and all lined up at the entrance to the nest chamber.

 

Country: Worldwide.

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use over 2 years.

Industry sector: Media, design & pblishing.

Start: 11.11.20     End:11.11.22

$xx        above my average.

 

 

 

barn-owl-tyto-alba-young-at-entrance-to-nest-chamber-in-an-old-barn-uk-WWCGJY.jpg

 

  Barn owls where they are meant to be, in a barn.

 

And that is a really beautiful setting for them. Well done!

 

Paulette

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NYCat said:

 

And that is a really beautiful setting for them. Well done!

 

Paulette

 

Thanks Paulette. There were 3 nestlings, a fledgeling and an adult. It was really nice just to be able to watch them all interacting.

 

Roy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Roy Waller said:

 

 

Good to get one in the first half of the month. These little critters knew exactly what I wanted and all lined up at the entrance to the nest chamber.

 

Country: Worldwide.

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use over 2 years.

Industry sector: Media, design & pblishing.

Start: 11.11.20     End:11.11.22

$xx        above my average.

 

 

 

barn-owl-tyto-alba-young-at-entrance-to-nest-chamber-in-an-old-barn-uk-WWCGJY.jpg

 

  Barn owls where they are meant to be, in a barn.

 

Great image, Roy! Got yourself a recurrent seller there I am sure.

 

Kumar

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Industry Sector: OTHER - Events ;  Start: 12-November-2020 ; End: 12-November-2025

 

pageant-master-pageantmaster-vehicle-at-the-lord-mayors-show-parade-in-city-of-london-uk-british-army-pinzgauer-honourable-artillery-company-2A8X53J.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Not that it's relevant to me but I shall certainly ignore it. If you are going to bind yourself with restrictions like this you will find less and less to photograph!

The New Forest is a huge area and no restriction could possibly affect images taken from a right of way anyway.

 

Blimey, ease up. Nobody is talking about being bound by the restrictions. In fact I was there today snapping away.

Surely it's better to find out about these things no matter how 'un-enforceable' to prepare other snappers against any possible surprises or challenges

Fore warned is fore armed after all.

I understand some people get heated up about their rights as photographers but if I speak to someone in authority that says 'nah, mate, stock is not a problem' then I know I can put my tin hat away and hopefully pass that info on.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was happy to see this image license even if it is only for personal use (low $$). I came across this beautiful door in Vancouver, so at least I didn't have to fly all the way to India to photograph it. 😄

 

Antique door from Rajasthan

 

ornate-antique-rajasthani-haveli-door-fr

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

 

Lovely photograph, showing the owls in their habitat.

 

👍

 

 

 

Thanks a lot Phil. It was good to be able to watch how the family behaved, as well as get some good images.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Statue of Saint Edmund. Church of Saint Edmund, King and Martyr. Southwold, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

 

statue-of-saint-edmund-church-of-saint-edmund-king-and-martyr-southwold-DDWN5F.jpg

 

Country: France
Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 100,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 01 November 2020
End: 01 November 2025
page 83

Mid $$.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

almost-deserted-entrance-to-seve-ballesteros-airport-santander-cantabria-spain-september-2020-during-the-covid-19-pandemic-2CTAK2H.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
50 MB
5120 x 3414 pixels
2 MB compressed
Start: 12 November 2020
End: 12 November 2025

 

First Personal Use sale. $9.99 but exclusive so half for me. Second sale this month. Half way to my first payout since joining Alamy in March this year👍

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A very disappointing Rights Managed sale of $4; I didn't think they could get so low for this type of sale.

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, Editorial website, any size, single use, but includes unlimited sharing across web and social media platforms, worldwide, in perpetuity.
Media: Editorial website
Start: 12 November 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

2CAR1GT.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by SRJUK
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Martin L said:

 

Blimey, ease up. Nobody is talking about being bound by the restrictions. In fact I was there today snapping away.

Surely it's better to find out about these things no matter how 'un-enforceable' to prepare other snappers against any possible surprises or challenges

Fore warned is fore armed after all.

I understand some people get heated up about their rights as photographers but if I speak to someone in authority that says 'nah, mate, stock is not a problem' then I know I can put my tin hat away and hopefully pass that info on.

As a new contributor you may be unaware of the various incursions on our activities over the years: the National Trust threats, Network Rail objecting to images on railway stations, even the organiser of the Blue Flag beach certification having images of the flags restricted. The lawyers of a British sculptor even leaned on Alamy recently over my images of artworks in a Venetion cloister, and my images were removed. There have been many more examples over the years.

So you may appreciate that "easing up" may not be too effective in protecting our livelihoods. Photography may not be yours, but please appreciate the point of view of those whose it is.

IME it may not be helpful to ask for permission if the answer may be "no". More than once I have been told that photography is not allowed for  reasons I know to be baseless.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

As a new contributor you may be unaware of the various incursions on our activities over the years: the National Trust threats, Network Rail objecting to images on railway stations, even the organiser of the Blue Flag beach certification having images of the flags restricted. The lawyers of a British sculptor even leaned on Alamy recently over my images of artworks in a Venetion cloister, and my images were removed. There have been many more examples over the years.

So you may appreciate that "easing up" may not be too effective in protecting our livelihoods. Photography may not be yours, but please appreciate the point of view of those whose it is.

IME it may not be helpful to ask for permission if the answer may be "no". More than once I have been told that photography is not allowed for  reasons I know to be baseless.

 

 

 

I remember being told by a stock photographer that all images from National Parks in South Africa could not be uploaded as the rules clearly state "Images taken with the intent of selling commercially needed a permit".

 

I said good luck arguing my intent at time of when i pressed the shutter.  Your honour, when I took this image my intent was to capture the Moment to remember this Giraffe. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Old Swan and Minster Mill Inn, Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire, England, GB, UK. Stock Photo

 

Reported a few days ago, same details as a couple of others here:

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 November 2020
End: 10 November 2025
Multiple use in branded content/sponsored articles and bookable content on owned website, app and social media. Excludes use on paid-for media.

 

...with the same low, low price, so I'm guessing that it will also be a Culture Trip licence, but I can't find it there.

Edited by losdemas
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.