Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have three questions.
 
Does Alamy Use readly.com?

On readly.com search Alamy comes up with over 130,000 results in all the magazines and newspapers. It would be a way to find our images and to clamp down on any infringers.
 
Do people on this group use readly.com to look for their images?
I have found more than 11 images using readly.com search, which has helped me to find several infringers, plus enabling me to update my DACS payback form.
 
Do The Mirror, The Express, The Independent and The Evening Standard use Alamy pictures?
The former two have joined readly.com in the last couple of days.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doug Houghton said:

I have three questions.
 
Does Alamy Use readly.com?

On readly.com search Alamy comes up with over 130,000 results in all the magazines and newspapers. It would be a way to find our images and to clamp down on any infringers.
 
Do people on this group use readly.com to look for their images?
I have found more than 11 images using readly.com search, which has helped me to find several infringers, plus enabling me to update my DACS payback form.
 
Do The Mirror, The Express, The Independent and The Evening Standard use Alamy pictures?
The former two have joined readly.com in the last couple of days.

1 Don't know.

 

2 Tried searching Alamy but the search function only seems to work with magazine titles...

How are you seeing Alamy uses?

 

3 Mirror, Express, Independent...Yes. Evening Standard..don't know.

 

Phil

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doug Houghton said:

I have three questions.
 
Does Alamy Use readly.com?

On readly.com search Alamy comes up with over 130,000 results in all the magazines and newspapers. It would be a way to find our images and to clamp down on any infringers.
 
Do people on this group use readly.com to look for their images?
I have found more than 11 images using readly.com search, which has helped me to find several infringers, plus enabling me to update my DACS payback form.
 
Do The Mirror, The Express, The Independent and The Evening Standard use Alamy pictures?
The former two have joined readly.com in the last couple of days.

 

  • Does Alamy use it? Not sure I understand the question.
  • Do I? No.
  • All the papers you have mentioned (and many more) have used/continue to use images from Alamy.

I have a basic list with ISSN/ISBNs here, where I have also provided pre-filled Google search links and links to ISSNs, where known.

Edited by losdemas
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks I found quite a lot. But it took a long time to do it all.

 

Some magazines such as BBC Wildlife, Yachting Monthly,  Country Life + some others don't seem to have ISBN numbers - any ideas what to do about this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Thanks I found quite a lot. But it took a long time to do it all.

 

Some magazines such as BBC Wildlife, Yachting Monthly,  Country Life + some others don't seem to have ISBN numbers - any ideas what to do about this?

How did you search?

The only search box I can see only allows to search by Magazine title, and searchs by photographer or alamy brought up nothing!

 

I found ISBN numbers before by googling magazine name and ISBN 

 

Phil

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

How did you search?

The only search box I can see only allows to search by Magazine title, and searchs by photographer or alamy brought up nothing!

 

I found ISBN numbers before by googling magazine name and ISBN 

 

Phil

 

 

I agree that it is a bit clumsy. Look for a link which says 'Show All Magazines' 

 

Then you get a screen like this:

 

I0000Fu95TyBnGQ4.jpg

 

Select the search magnifying glass and type in your search term ie) geogphotos

 

I0000ZIa4g8JPOkQ.jpg

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

<SNIP>

Some magazines such as BBC Wildlife, Yachting Monthly,  Country Life + some others don't seem to have ISBN numbers - any ideas what to do about this?

 

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

<SNIP>

I have a basic list with ISSN/ISBNs here, where I have also provided pre-filled Google search links and links to ISSNs, where known.

 

👆

e.g.

0265-3656 - 0043-9991 - 0045-8856

Edited by losdemas
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

 

 

I agree that it is a bit clumsy. Look for a link which says 'Show All Magazines' 

 

Then you get a screen like this:

 

I0000Fu95TyBnGQ4.jpg

 

Select the search magnifying glass and type in your search term ie) geogphotos

 

I0000ZIa4g8JPOkQ.jpg

 

Thanks...I'll have a look

 

Phil

Edited by Phil Crean
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, losdemas said:

 

  • Does Alamy use it? Not sure I understand the question.

 

They know who has downloaded their images, and the usual infringers, so could easily check the magazines when issued.

 

Doug

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

@geogphotos

Have you set up an account?

 

When I go to All Magazines the options down the left side on your Search thingy don't appear!!

 

Phil

 

Yes I did set up a trial account, had to give my credit card details. Must remember to cancel

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geogphotos said:

 

Yes I did set up a trial account, had to give my credit card details. Must remember to cancel

OK... I never do that... hate sites that make you give payment details for a free trial...😬

 

Phil

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

OK... I never do that... hate sites that make you give payment details for a free trial...😬

 

Phil

 

I've just cancelled. No charge made. I also hate it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Thanks I found quite a lot. But it took a long time to do it all.

 

Some magazines such as BBC Wildlife, Yachting Monthly,  Country Life + some others don't seem to have ISBN numbers - any ideas what to do about this?

Remember to screen shot the pages if you are sending to AIM “Report an unauthorised use”

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Phil, you said that you weren't going to sign up so I took the liberty. I'll find the details for you if you like.

 

 

 

geogphotos, be careful or you will be looking for all of us :D ;)

Edited by shearwater
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Phil, you said that you weren't going to sign up so I took the liberty. I'll find the details for you if you like.

 

I00008cqhaYNmgaU.jpg

 

 

That's very kind...thank you.

Phil

Link to post
Share on other sites

I00002v31rJtiuqw.jpg

Practical Boat Owner - Sept 2020

 

I0000MVz8W4nOEMo.jpg

 

Prog -  Issue 110 12.06.20

 

I0000zsjjkzA3E0Y.jpg

 

The Oldie - Jan 2020 9770965250178

 

I0000ekn0A_p82FA.jpg

Country Life Dec 2014

 

I0000lywUOGR4yzc.jpg

 

Trail - March 2020 977095990320

 

I0000X8.Zavro20c.jpg

 

Yachting Monthly - April 2020

 

The other one was a German magazine - Summer 2019

I0000BIVIcpkz09g.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, shearwater said:

 

geogphotos, be careful or you will be looking for all of us :D ;)

 

 

What name do you want me to search for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I00002v31rJtiuqw.jpg

Practical Boat Owner - Sept 2020

 

I0000MVz8W4nOEMo.jpg

 

Prog -  Issue 110 12.06.20

 

I0000zsjjkzA3E0Y.jpg

 

The Oldie - Jan 2020 9770965250178

 

I0000ekn0A_p82FA.jpg

Country Life Dec 2014

 

I0000lywUOGR4yzc.jpg

 

Trail - March 2020 977095990320

 

I0000X8.Zavro20c.jpg

 

Yachting Monthly - April 2020

 

The other one was a German magazine - Summer 2019

I0000BIVIcpkz09g.jpg

 

 

Many thanks...

Practical Boat Owner not yet reported... Do you think you could forward a copy of the screenshot to me at phil(at)philcrean.com please.

 

Yachting Monthly & German mag...none of my photos on those screenshots? Could credit refer to an adjoining page?

 

Phil

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

 

 

What name do you want me to search for?

 

Wiskerke would be nice 😁

 

wim

Link to post
Share on other sites

allanbellimages would be good too.

 

Allan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

 

Wiskerke would be nice 😁

 

wim

I0000NZnerYkqIkQ.jpg

 

I0000hlxiDuyRSwI.jpg

24 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

allanbellimages would be good too.

 

Allan

 

 

Sorry Allan, searched but didn't find.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.