Drop in!

It seems that a load of you only inhabit one discussion area.

I'm the same and don't ever read this one!

Please take time to pop over and vote in the October Challenge 'Harmony'.

Great images, choosing will be hard.

Cheers

Chris E

Hi Chris, I did have a good look at your poll and made a choice, but they were all interesting. There was a time when both Bob Elsdale and Bob Estall were shooting pigs and ducks and the like and dropping off film at Morgan and Swan for processing. i got handed yours by mistake a couple of times and I wonder if it ever happened to you? I was living in Putney at the time, but have been out here in Suffolk the last 25 years.

regards  Robert (or Bob to many)

Robert,

Oh dear that's too far back to remember!

Well I can but prefer not to.

Back in the days of 10"x8" trans and couriers.

Lived in the dark mostly....

Thanks for voting.

Cheers

Chris

This might be a good time and place to register this suggestion: Please, people, take a second to see which area your post should be.  Area One is supposed to be for equipment and software and all tech matters.  Area Two is about stock and related subjects; there's a lot more flexibility here. The third area is for showing and discussing images. 

The big problem in putting a post in the wrong area surfaces later when we try to find a certain subject. Am I guilty of doing this? Probably. 

This might be a good time and place to register this suggestion: Please, people, take a second to see which area your post should be.  Area One is supposed to be for equipment and software and all tech matters.  Area Two is about stock and related subjects; there's a lot more flexibility here. The third area is for showing and discussing images. 

The big problem in putting a post in the wrong area surfaces later when we try to find a certain subject. Am I guilty of doing this? Probably. 

Hi Ed,

If this refers to my post here it wasn't in the wrong place at all!

I know exactly what's meant to be where, but this was nothing more than an invite to 'cross forum' and look at the images. It's the first time Alamy contributed to the thread with words of appreciation.

As a company they demonstrate an extraordinary open dialogue with contributors, see recent change in blog on payouts.

My guess is that they would like to encourage a greater sense of community on this new forum and it was a stonking set of entries.

I do hope you have taken the time to vote :-)

Leaving the space now...

Cheers

Chris E

I was not targeting you at all, Chris. Not really targeting anyone specifically. 

I have voted . . . both for the pic of the month and for the new mayor in my city.  :)

Let me explain further. Since you were making a request and an announcement, I thought I might add on the request of mine. I'm sorry. I should have opened a new thread.

Archived