Images sold in October 2020

7 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

This casual snap of guacamole is one of two food pics from the same lunch in San Miguel de Allende. Both sold today for high $$. The amount is enough to pay for my bistro bills in that lovely Mexican town for about two weeks.

Glad to hear that your San Miguel photos are selling. I had a high-ish $$ (book use) one from there reported yesterday. Very different subject, though. Yours is a lot tastier-looking. :P

52 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Forgive me if I've posted this twice. I thought I did it but then didn't see it???? Two identical sales for editorial website so I think one will be refunded... $

K2WFY3.jpg

Grevy"s Zebra in Buffalo Springs National Reserve, Kenya

Paulette

About your comment on identical sales. I the last two days, I've had two instances of two identical sales and like you I thought that a mistake had been made but upon closer examination of the terms, I found that there were small differences. The dates given for the use of each image were different. I've not seen this previously but it would seem to be happening.

Borsa piazza affari Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 19 September 2020
End: 20 September 2020
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Previously being spotted by Bryan.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Stan Pritchard said:

About your comment on identical sales. I the last two days, I've had two instances of two identical sales and like you I thought that a mistake had been made but upon closer examination of the terms, I found that there were small differences. The dates given for the use of each image were different. I've not seen this previously but it would seem to be happening.

Thanks. I looked and one is 13 September and the other 14 September. So I guess I'm only 8 cents short of a $$ sale. Every bit helps!

Paulette

• Love 1

One of two images to the same buyer. Third licence by Alamy but also licenced 13 times via Age. Image now exclusive. Direct sale low but reasonable $$.
Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial onlyEditorial print + digital use.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 27 October 2020
Duration: Unlimited
this-terrestrial-hermit-crab-coenobita-is-using-a-red-bottle-cap-as-A4MHXH.jpg

Edited by cbimages
  • Love 2

The village of Gunnerside, Swaledale, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

the-village-of-gunnerside-swaledale-richmondshire-north-yorkshire-KCX13J.jpg

Start: 09 September 2020
End: 10 September 2020
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, Stan Pritchard said:

The village of Gunnerside, Swaledale, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

the-village-of-gunnerside-swaledale-richmondshire-north-yorkshire-KCX13J.jpg

Start: 09 September 2020
End: 10 September 2020

Rain or shine - how I'd love to be walking through there today.

• Love 1

Two further sales in today. It's like old times 🙂

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-September-2020 ; End: 01-September-2025 ; Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

licensed-mudlark-using-a-metal-detector-to-find-valuable-or-historical-FPTFAG.jpg

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Two further sales in today. It's like old times 🙂

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-September-2020 ; End: 01-September-2025 ; Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

I just got one of these, too - for an horrendously low fee ($) considering the usage! Any idea what the mag might be? Can't find any use yet.

Just did a GIS on your image and discovered usage(s) on Magzter, suggesting that yours was used in Surrey Life.

Edited by losdemas

12 minutes ago, losdemas said:

I just got one of these, too - for an horrendously low fee ($) considering the usage! Any idea what the mag might be? Can't find any use yet.

Just did a GIS on your image and discovered usage(s) on Magzter, suggesting that yours was used in Surrey Life.

It looks like Country Life. I sell images direct to magazines who pay between £10 and £20, so although this is less even than those it isn't a huge surprise.

21 minutes ago, Avpics said:

It looks like Country Life. I sell images direct to magazines who pay between £10 and £20, so although this is less even than those it isn't a huge surprise.

Looking at the county mags, they seem to be increasingly using CC images (inc those with 'non-commercial' terms).

Oh! got the wrong link, BTW. Yup, Country Life. It's here: https://www.magzter.com/article/Lifestyle/Country-Life-UK/As-clear-as-mud

It looks like the end of the month sales are coming in😃

Amazon Jungle, Napo River Ecuador (good times)

Editorial website 

empty-hammock-swinging-at-a-tourist-cabin-in-the-amazone-jungle-2AAT6A2.jpg

Edited by Rico
  • Love 1

Children dancing in a silent disco while their parents watch in the Fringe World Festival Russell Square bandstand Northbridge Perth WA

Australia

Usage: Website, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 20 October 2020
End: 20 October 2025

Low $$

children-dancing-in-a-silent-disco-while-their-parents-watch-in-the-fringe-world-festival-russell-square-bandstand-northbridge-perth-wa-australia-RHFWRE.jpg

A tree planting scheme in the National Forest. Stock Photo

Print run: up to 500,000
Start: 28 September 2020
End: 29 September 2020
One use in a single editorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online

Only a $$ sale but this is the eleventh time this image has sold. 😊

• Love 2

A closeup of vivid red and yellow leaves in autumn of the European grapevine (Vitis vinifera) in Lower Austria a-closeup-of-vivid-red-and-yellow-leaves

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 September 2020
End: 01 September 2025
Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

$

And just to add to the repeat sales thread, this actually sold three times yesterday, same license details. Hopefully no refunds!

• Love 3