Sales this month

2 hours ago, rickygui said:

Zero for 2 months till now, your not the only one, but hang in there, keep shooting. 

I looked at some of your pics and I particularly liked this one.... but caption needs editing.. 

A painter is painting a scenery and a group of women sitting infront having panic and conversation on a sunny tropical afternoon 

- Image ID: 2CFXFGC 

I think you mean the women are in front and are having a picnic. Lovely shot.

Paulette

• Love 1

For some reason I'm bucking the trend for sales this month with 15, the best since July last year.

Revenue is down though and I'm only on $24 cleared sales so unless someone pays up in the next couple of days I won't receive a payout next month - the first time this year.

John.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Just one sale for low $$ gross this month. Plenty of zooms, but no sales, for archival stuff of LGBT demos in 1970's so ctr up. Bit demotivated but out yesterday to take snaps of notices in windows of students in C19 lockdown in Manchester, uk. I'm going to shoot some velvia. Occasionally I get the urge to do some slide film again.

19 hours ago, NYCat said:

I looked at some of your pics and I particularly liked this one.... but caption needs editing.. 

A painter is painting a scenery and a group of women sitting infront having panic and conversation on a sunny tropical afternoon 

- Image ID: 2CFXFGC 

I think you mean the women are in front and are having a picnic. Lovely shot.

Paulette

Paulette, thank god! thanks for correcting my poor English. 

22 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

My report shows 7 sales for $565 which is fine, but the cleared funds show as minus $70. So for the moment I owe Alamy!

What did you sold for 7 images to rack up such an amount? I never had that happen to me. :( 

I realised those with minimum tags have better chances to rank on page 1. Correct me if am wrong. 

Edited by rickygui

6 sales this month, so far.
The problem is the cleared balance, it has been stuck at $30 for more than a month now. Very few sales have been cleared since June.
People buy my photos in quite acceptable numbers, but I don't get the money...;)

2 hours ago, rickygui said:

What did you sold for 7 images to rack up such an amount? I never had that happen to me. :( 

I realised those with minimum tags have better chances to rank on page 1. Correct me if am wrong. 

Not necessarily minimum tags, more that they are relevant tags.

If you have 50 tags that are relevant then include all of those.

John.

37 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

It's not a bad idea to stop a few short of 50 as you can't go over the limit. I have a lot of legacy images with more than 50, and in a batch it can be hard to  find the culprits.

Mark, yes, I quite agree. However, the point I was trying to make was that it takes as many tags as are needed and not necessarily to keep them to a minimum.

John.

7 hours ago, rickygui said:

What did you sold for 7 images to rack up such an amount?

By choice, some of us post sales, with the price range, on the "images sold" thread. But I don't think Robert does. Even I don't post some of my niche subjects.

But you're perfectly at liberty to look at his images or search for his name online..

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2

I think I have posted just the once on the "images sold" thread . That thread  may be a useful guide to how this thing works, but I think it unfair to expect fellow photographers to display their whole hand. Most of my portfolio goes back a good few years. 40+. I was surprised to count up how many sales for the images on my most recent page of uploads. That page covers most of the past two years' I seem to have been asleep awhile. I think it's eight in total. There are some in the lower levels but a fair number are more substantial. Long may it last!

Edited by Robert M Estall

On 29/09/2020 at 10:41, riccarbi said:

6 sales this month, so far.
The problem is the cleared balance, it has been stuck at $30 for more than a month now. Very few sales have been cleared since June.
People buy my photos in quite acceptable numbers, but I don't get the money...;)

Hy Riccarbi, I'm new in Alamy and updated some photos and look for to update more. I cannot understand how it works the US$ 50 month balance.

I thought it was to reach 50 dollars and then I was good to go to receive my commission on every sale. But from your quote it looks like you need to collect 50 dollars of sales every month in porder to be paid. and in the contract there is this line: "We’ll pay you every month that your balance is over US $50" that put me in doubt. So for example, If I collect 30 Dollars of commissions every month I will not receive any money of the sales because I didn't reach the roof of 50 Dollars?

Thank you

17 hours ago, Rupert said:

Hy Riccarbi, I'm new in Alamy and updated some photos and look for to update more. I cannot understand how it works the US$ 50 month balance.

I thought it was to reach 50 dollars and then I was good to go to receive my commission on every sale. But from your quote it looks like you need to collect 50 dollars of sales every month in porder to be paid. and in the contract there is this line: "We’ll pay you every month that your balance is over US $50" that put me in doubt. So for example, If I collect 30 Dollars of commissions every month I will not receive any money of the sales because I didn't reach the roof of 50 Dollars?

Thank you

Rupert, if I may interject here? The income from all your licensed images will be listed in your Balance of account. Once the client has paid those amounts to Alamy and those licences have cleared, they will be added to the cleared balance on that page.  The Cleared balance is the relevant point here: once that figure reaches $50, you will receive a payout the following month.  You always receive payment for all licensed images.

No sales since May, one refunded in June.

CTR has gone to 0 as well so I should probably be uploading more stuff.

I did change a lot of stuff to editorial only so don't know if that has caused a problem too... as most of my photos have people or buildings in them.

On 01/10/2020 at 18:42, Rupert said:

Thank you

If you sold $30 of images for each of the 3 months, and the balance had cleared (i.e. the client has paid Alamy), you would get paid $60 after 2 months. You would have to build up your money in sales for the 3rd month (or subsequent months) to $50 or over then you will get another payout.

Also remember that it is the net amount (after Alamy have had their cut) that you will be paid, not the gross amount.

Check out the 'balance of account' on your dashboard and on the line next to the bottom it will say 'cleared balance' if that is $50 or over Alamy will pay you. On the next line it will say 'next payment due' which is when you will be paid.

John.