Good $$$ at direct 50% RF sale. Had a second image of same general area on same day for same price

hoodoos-caused-by-erosion-of-the-scarbor

RF only sold for $ for presentation, but this fish sandwich image gives me more personal pleasure than the $$$ image. For the reason see the people in the non selling image below

fish-reuben-sandwich-for-lunch-at-lahain

This image did not sell, but here is the reason for the personal happiness with $ image above. My sister-in-law on the left and my wife on the right. Happy times.

fish-reuben-sandwich-beer-for-lunch-with

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A PU sale (low $$) -- Diego Rivera mural in Mexico City

detail-of-mural-by-diego-rivers-depictin

• Like 2

Second sale this month. This is really rolling for me. Only a PU but they all count. Second outing for this pine marten in the garden of a very nice holiday cottage I rented in Scotland.

Usage: Personal use. 

Media: Non-Commercial, one time, personal/home use.

Start: 22/9/2020 - End: 22/9/2025.

$xx below my average.

pine-marten-scotland-uk-RKFXXG.jpg

• Like 3

This one really has me moaning... Editorial website, any size, single use, but includes unlimited sharing across web and social media platforms, worldwide, in perpetuity.  $4.40.  It's the polar bear jumping that sells frequently but I don't like this sale at all. Such small money for using it basically anywhere on the web??? Forever??

Paulette

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, NYCat said:

This one really has me moaning... Editorial website, any size, single use, but includes unlimited sharing across web and social media platforms, worldwide, in perpetuity.  $4.40.  It's the polar bear jumping that sells frequently but I don't like this sale at all. Such small money for using it basically anywhere on the web??? Forever??

Paulette

Are you in the wrong thread Paulette?

Allan

27 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Seems correct to me, it was a sale she was reporting but just didn't include the photo.

Two sales to the same buyer for an EU magazine.  Both were for the same mid $$.  Photos taken at the Liberty Center in Eunice, Louisiana

USA Louisiana LA Cajun Country Eunice Liberty Theater live radio show Stock Photo

USA Louisiana LA Cajun Country Eunice Liberty Theater live radio show Stock Photo

2 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Seems correct to me, it was a sale she was reporting but just didn't include the photo.

Well, we happen to know which image it is, but I'd usually expect to see the Alamy reference at least.

Kind of a strange photo sold today. Lunchtime for piranhas.

Inside magazine, worldwide.

motion-blurred-photograph-of-piranhas-characidae-in-a-feeding-frenzy-bait-chumfish-parts-hanging-on-a-rope-attract-the-fish-for-a-meal-RYFN9X.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

I didn't have the heart to put the image up here again. You have seen it more than once as it is maybe my best selling image. I'm just disheartened that it is everywhere and I am not rich!!!!

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

I don't like to add to the moaning since I really do much better than one might expect from my small portfolio. It just seemed really, really bad. The everywhere aspect added to in perpetuity

Paulette

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rico said:

Kind of a strange photo sold today. Lunchtime for piranhas.

Inside magazine, worldwide.

motion-blurred-photograph-of-piranhas-characidae-in-a-feeding-frenzy-bait-chumfish-parts-hanging-on-a-rope-attract-the-fish-for-a-meal-RYFN9X.jpg

Why do you say it is strange?  It seems like a great photo to illustrate a piranha feeding frenzy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I didn't have the heart to put the image up here again.

Paulette, I for one can't see it too often.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Why do you say it is strange?  It seems like a great photo to illustrate a piranha feeding frenzy.

Strange because there is almost too much motion for my liking. I took the photo with Nikon D200 a long time ago so the shutter speed was probably a bit too low.

And also it's the only fish photo I have in my portfolio.

Other than that, I guess it turned out OK. Thanks for the compliment.

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Paulette, I for one can't see it too often.

I'll second that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Typical of me these days.  "Got it wrong AGAIN."

Allan

58 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thank you guys... Here by popular demand...

D6D0FG.jpg

Polar bear leaping in the Svalbard Archipelago

It was an amazing trip so my memories are the best part. We had a wonderful Russian captain who got us way into the ice where we saw a number of mothers with cubs. I'm not the greatest at spotting animals--- especially white ones on a white background --so I was continually saying "Where is it? Where is it?" We would no sooner get inside to warm up when there was an announcement that another bear was spotted and we'd get our gear on again. Happy, happy memories.

Paulette

I always enjoy your polar bears. Great memories you have. It's depressing to think in perhaps 3 generations time we may only have photos or film of them in the wild. I find documentaries about their plight a hard watch.

Roy

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roy Waller said:

I always enjoy your polar bears. Great memories you have. It's depressing to think in perhaps 3 generations time we may only have photos or film of them in the wild. I find documentaries about their plight a hard watch.

Roy

Actually, one of the annoying things about my polar bear sales is they are always used to say the polar bears are in trouble. The ones we saw were FiNE. The biologist told us the ice was perfect for hunting. It provided a good platform for hunting. Of course, I can hardly complain since I was deliberately taking images that I thought could be sold to illustrate climate change. Just don't believe your lying eyes.

Paulette

11 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Actually, one of the annoying things about my polar bear sales is they are always used to say the polar bears are in trouble. The ones we saw were FiNE. The biologist told us the ice was perfect for hunting. It provided a good platform for hunting. Of course, I can hardly complain since I was deliberately taking images that I thought could be sold to illustrate climate change. Just don't believe your lying eyes.

Paulette

Oh man, next you’re gonna tell used that they paid well and live in better homes than most of us.  Kidding of course.  We all love your bear photos and they deserve all the sales they can get!  Their images/your images are helping the bears who may not be so lucky.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Oh man, next you’re gonna tell used that they paid well and live in better homes than most of us.  Kidding of course.  We all love your bear photos and they deserve all the sales they can get!  Their images/your images are helping the bears who may not be so lucky.

Well they do eat well.....

D71338.jpg

Polar Bear Cub dining in the Svalbard Archipelago

Paulette

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Polar bears are thriving in the arctic today. The conventional wisdom was that they would not be able to survive because they needed lots of sea ice to hunt. In Canada bears used to wait until the shore ice froze over, and therefore loss of sea ice due to global warming would mean that they would wait forever and starve to death.

Environmentalists continue to mislead the general public by publicizing images of the occasional bear sick by other means, and attacking scientists that assert polar bear are not endangered by the loss of sea ice due to global warming.

The scientific facts are that the bears have adapted their hunting methods to the loss of sea ice. Polar bears are thriving in an age of loss of sea ice due to global warming. With the loss of sea ice, the bear population is increasing.

Anti fur activists made the white big eyed seal pup their mascot, and shut down the Newfoundland seal hunt. Environmentalists chose the white cuddly polar bear as their mascot, but it has not worked out.

Global warming is a real problem. To continue to mislead the public and attack science, only hurts environmentalists important cause. It really annoys me when I see a good cause hurting that cause by using fake news.

Paulette, as to the insulting price of your fantastic bear photo, we all share your pain.

• Like 1

I remember when I was in Churchill the local guy said that the seals were thriving in the warmer temperatures so the bears actually had more to eat. Nature is very complicated and it is annoying when articles become propaganda for one point of view. A friend of mine who gets very upset if animals are hurt sent me an article about a colony of penguins in Antarctica that was disappearing. Actually, in the last paragraph it mentioned that a nearby colony had grown ten-fold. So why was that not the headline? Didn't fit the narrative. I often become saddened by how hard the wild creatures have it but, I'm afraid, that is the nature of nature.

Paulette

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

And also it's the only fish photo I have in my portfolio.

Fish doing something, again.  :). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I remember when I was in Churchill the local guy said that the seals were thriving in the warmer temperatures so the bears actually had more to eat. Nature is very complicated and it is annoying when articles become propaganda for one point of view. A friend of mine who gets very upset if animals are hurt sent me an article about a colony of penguins in Antarctica that was disappearing. Actually, in the last paragraph it mentioned that a nearby colony had grown ten-fold. So why was that not the headline? Didn't fit the narrative. I often become saddened by how hard the wild creatures have it but, I'm afraid, that is the nature of nature.

Paulette

Love your polar bear pics, Paulette. From what I've read, there currently seems to be quite a bit of confusion about how polar bears in northern Canada are really doing (perhaps we should ask the bears). One thing is for sure, though, the polar bears, along with many other species, are going to have to do a lot adapting in order to cope with climate change and global warming, both the natural and man-made varieties. Personally, I've never thought of polar bears or seals as being cute and cuddly. However, they have as much right to be here as we do. Animals are our friends.

P.S. A lot of online info about polar bears in Canada is out-of-date. This piece is short but fairly recent. It appears that while some populations are increasing, others are decreasing. It sounds complicated:

“Confusion over polar bear numbers is justified, as some populations are increasing, while others are declining,”...

Edited by John Mitchell