Jump to content
Alfan

Potential Error of Test Submission Restrictions, Help Needed

Recommended Posts

Heya - I'm Alex, a passionate photographer. I recently uploaded my test submission, but I believe an error occurred, and I want to see if I can take it back.
 
I only uploaded one image for my test submission and the image is already in QC. I believe that the system requires you to upload 3, but my one image automatically was sent to QC, and I can't upload any more images. However, it also isn't the image I want to upload - and I can't upload the other 2 images I need to upload, so I was hoping if I can take the image back and re-upload my images for my test submission. The ID of the image is 2CCJCYR. 
 
 
I completely understand if it isn't possible, but I was hoping for something. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you can't 'take back' the image you uploaded. I presume it would fail QC as there is only 1 image instead of the 3 required. Once it has failed you can delete the image in Alamy Image Manager (AIM).

 

When you upload your first 3 images make sure you don't upload anything too complicated. Remember Alamy doesn't edit for content so make sure the images are technically correct ie well exposed, no camera shake etc.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stokie said:

No, you can't 'take back' the image you uploaded. I presume it would fail QC as there is only 1 image instead of the 3 required. Once it has failed you can delete the image in Alamy Image Manager (AIM).

 

When you upload your first 3 images make sure you don't upload anything too complicated. Remember Alamy doesn't edit for content so make sure the images are technically correct ie well exposed, no camera shake etc.

 

John.

Hi John - thanks for the post! :)

 

Yes, it does appear that my image failed QC because "there's only one image" and now I've gone ahead and re-uploaded my test submission.

 

Thanks,

Alex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What John said. You don’t need to delete the image, because it failed, and that upload will never be a part of your portfolio.  And sorry to say, we can’t delete our failures from Image Manager. I wish we could, because I have enough failures from years past to depress me.
Unless things have changed?

Edited by Betty LaRue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2020 at 07:06, Betty LaRue said:

What John said. You don’t need to delete the image, because it failed, and that upload will never be a part of your portfolio.  And sorry to say, we can’t delete our failures from Image Manager. I wish we could, because I have enough failures from years past to depress me.
Unless things have changed?

 

Betty, I think I've always been able to delete. Under the optional section in Image Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bella said:

 

Betty, I think I've always been able to delete. Under the optional section in Image Manager.

I can’t delete any images from failed batch in AIM. It won’t let me select any of them. Or am I missing something?

 

Mark

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bella said:

 

Betty, I think I've always been able to delete. Under the optional section in Image Manager.

 

Not images that have failed Bella. Only those that passed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I can’t delete any images from failed batch in AIM. It won’t let me select any of them. Or am I missing something?

 

Mark

No. You can't do anything to a failed batch.

Had to go back 4 years to find one to check;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I can’t delete any images from failed batch in AIM. It won’t let me select any of them. Or am I missing something?

 

Mark

 

2 minutes ago, gvallee said:

 

Not images that have failed Bella. Only those that passed.

 

Aaah, sorry, yes I see now that my processing errors that I was having a little while ago can't be deleted either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad that got straightened out. ☺️
I knew I never could delete my failures!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- but you don't need to view the failures - they can be filtered out in the first filter in AIM, "Quality Control".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

- but you don't need to view the failures - they can be filtered out in the first filter in AIM, "Quality Control".

 

 

Filtering out our failures? If only we could do that in 'real life' (or is that what alcohol is for?)...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.