Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I found my RM sales completely stucked after agency acquisition.

I don't have a sale since that period when Alamy has been bought by PM-something.... I guess RM files are not pushed in the same manner as before....

Should i switch my files to RF? Any other experience that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problems with RM for me...

 

Mark

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tutti va bene con RM per io, Lorenzo.

 

All my Alamy images are RM, and I've had two good sales on this slow month. 

 

Edo

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you find strange after Covid-19 and acquisition of Alamy my sales went to complete 0 since March?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say that I've noticed any changes. RM seems to be doing fine. However, I am seeing more low-value sales than I used to -- low $$ appears to be the new mid $$, etc. However, that could be due to a lot of factors these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

Don't you find strange after Covid-19 and acquisition of Alamy my sales went to complete 0 since March?

Nope.

A worldwide pandemic with no country left untouched and millions not working for months on end and you're surprised that sales have taken a tumble?

The normal rules at alamy can mean that sales falter at any time, (I had a 70-day lull not that long ago), then bounce back, seemingly without explanation. So in these times, you should expect anything.

My port is 100% RM, (if that means anything these days). Sales are down. Not changing to RF.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm mostly RM, and my sale numbers are similar to last year's (with average price up this year). I think it's important to upload regularly to get regular sales, and looking at your port KODAKovic it looks like you haven't uploaded for quite a long time - that could be the main reason for lack of sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a lot of images with no people or property in them, so you could experiment with changing some of those to RF to see if it improves sales.

 

Buona fortuna!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does make me wonder.  I only have 230 RF images out of roughly 9,500 (all psuedos) and this month, the RF's are 40% of my sales.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

It does make me wonder.  I only have 230 RF images out of roughly 9,500 (all psuedos) and this month, the RF's are 40% of my sales.

 

That's interesting to hear. I currently have 538 RF images, and I see very few sales. When the odd RF one does pop up, the licensing terms usually don't look much different from RM, except that the file size is given with RF licenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why doesn't just get rid of RM and RF and provide the licence that the buyer wants at the right price for the use they want?

 

This entire RF v RM thing has become nonsensical.

 

By which I mean if you started today you would not create these licenses.

 

Alamy just licence images. Be bold.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geogphotos said:

Why doesn't just get rid of RM and RF and provide the licence that the buyer wants at the right price for the use they want?

 

This entire RF v RM thing has become nonsensical.

 

By which I mean if you started today you would not create these licenses.

 

Alamy just licence images. Be bold.

 

I agree. These categories are anachronisms now, but no one seems to able to figure out how to replace them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All my images are RM. There has been a downturn, yes, but I'm still getting sales. No plans to go RF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't detect any difference since the acquisition. 

 

Anybody suggesting why there might be one does need to explain their reasoning and 'evidence'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Why doesn't just get rid of RM and RF and provide the licence that the buyer wants at the right price for the use they want?

 

This entire RF v RM thing has become nonsensical.

 

By which I mean if you started today you would not create these licenses.

 

Alamy just licence images. Be bold.

Ian, that probably would shoot down any compensation from DACS, wouldn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Ian, that probably would shoot down any compensation from DACS, wouldn’t it?

 

Not necessarily. As long as the licensing terms contained the usage -- i.e. book or magazine -- and the region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2020 at 16:23, KODAKovic said:

Don't you find strange after Covid-19 and acquisition of Alamy my sales went to complete 0 since March?

No.  Every single one of my pics is RM and I'm making a bunch of sales every month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

No.  Every single one of my pics is RM and I'm making a bunch of sales every month.

 

So i'd say it's more correct  my sales are no longer trending after the acquisition i guess.

I'm not uploading since that , may be they changed algo and new uploads affect more than in the past ?

Edited by KODAKovic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

 

So i'd say it's more correct  my sales are no longer trending after the acquisition i guess.

I'm not uploading since that , may be they changed algo and new uploads affect more than in the past ?

It seems to be part of the forum's accepted wisdom that regular uploads generate more sales. I can't attest to that because I haven't really had any periods where I don't upload, and my collection is still small. I have continued to get RM sales each month.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

 

So i'd say it's more correct  my sales are no longer trending after the acquisition i guess.

I'm not uploading since that , may be they changed algo and new uploads affect more than in the past ?

You have to keep uploading pics, that's crucial. 

 

I've had a look at some of your pics and there's not many of 'people doing things'.  You've probably read this ad nauseum - before you take the picture, ask yourself what could this image be used for.  The first two pages of your port consist mainly of badly taken photos of cars.  Then you have a bunch of pics on a beach which I don't know what they could be used for, etc, etc.  Just think about what you're taking before you take the pic.  more people = more sales.  Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the vintage ones though you need to check the captions if other are like this which shows a man not a lady. 

 

Elegant dressed lady having fun visiting Rome in the 1936.Italy. 

- Image ID: T94BDX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I like the vintage ones though you need to check the captions if other are like this which shows a man not a lady. 

 

Elegant dressed lady having fun visiting Rome in the 1936.Italy. 

- Image ID: T94BDX

Looks like a victim of bulk tagging. Most of us probably have the odd escapee like that. If you have a lot of images they can stick around for ages.

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

You have to keep uploading pics, that's crucial. 

 

I've had a look at some of your pics and there's not many of 'people doing things'.  You've probably read this ad nauseum - before you take the picture, ask yourself what could this image be used for.  The first two pages of your port consist mainly of badly taken photos of cars.  Then you have a bunch of pics on a beach which I don't know what they could be used for, etc, etc.  Just think about what you're taking before you take the pic.  more people = more sales.  Good luck.

 

Indeed, the last 20 pages of your port is Alamy Live News.... is this the secret of your success here?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 20/08/2020 at 10:13, KODAKovic said:

I found my RM sales completely stucked after agency acquisition.

I don't have a sale since that period when Alamy has been bought by PM-something.... I guess RM files are not pushed in the same manner as before....

Should i switch my files to RF? Any other experience that way?

Another thing I noticed- the centuries are numbered differently in English. So the novecento is the 20th. century, not the 19th.

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spacecadet said:

Another thing I noticed- the centuries are numbered differently in English. So the novecento is the 20th. century, not the 19th.

right, thx

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.