https://c7.alamy.com/comp/R38C7N/modern-japanese-fashion-brand-sou-sou-using-colorful-prints-in-kyoto-flagship-store-their-design-is-inspired-by-traditional-japanese-clothing-R38C7N.jpg

Sou Sou. Presentation or newsletters. Very low $$

Take a silly picture and you get a silly fee.

- after Tom Lehrer: ask a silly question get a silly answer in New Math.

But then I am just watching the Vogue AI interview of Billie Eilish and at 5.20 Billie says to the machine: I mean that was a stupid question. And the machine quips: give bad answers get bad questions.

So does that mean pay silly fees; get silly images? Hmmm lots to think over on a rainy Sunday. I can recommend that interview (AI-?) btw: more thoughts for that rainy day.

wim

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Sou Sou. Presentation or newsletters. Very low $$

Take a silly picture and you get a silly fee.

- after Tom Lehrer: ask a silly question get a silly answer in New Math.

But then I am just watching the Vogue AI interview of Billie Eilish and at 5.20 Billie says to the machine: I mean that was a stupid question. And the machine quips: give bad answers get bad questions.

So does that mean pay silly fees; get silly images? Hmmm lots to think over on a rainy Sunday. I can recommend that interview (AI-?) btw: more thoughts for that rainy day.

wim

But I've had silly images sell for serious fees... 🤔

... and serious images sell for silly fees.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

But I've had silly images sell for serious fees... 🤔

... and serious images sell for silly fees.

Yes and the lottery has been lousy all year as well. 😂

wim

Water fountain with statues of Arabian horses in the 5th Avenue shopping area of Scottsdale, Arizona.  Created by Stock Photo

Scottsdale, Arizona.  I don't think I've had this type of license before.

Affiliate Sale; Country: United States ; Usage: Internal business usage ;  Media: Internal poster/décor $$

Edited by MariaJ

Gates of Dachau concentration camp. Bulk discount took it from $$ to $. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 July 2020
End: 01 July 2025
Italy, Book, Bulk discount flat rate

main-entrance-gate-and-arbeit-macht-frei

• Like 1

unloading a truck at sydney fish market australia Stock Photo

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 24 August 2020
End: 24 August 2025

old image from Sydney fish market

mid $$

Ten UKNS/Live News sales in today. 'Live News' values are a new low and barely differentiated from UKNS now. At least I didn't need to travel for most of them, such as:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 31-July-2020 ; End: 31-July-2025 ; Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-31st-jul-2020-with-the-forecast-high-temperatures-people-are-heading-to-the-seafront-to-cool-down-despite-the-covid-19-coronavirus-advice-in-the-thorpe-bay-area-to-the-east-of-southend-on-sea-people-are-out-enjoying-the-early-morning-high-tide-youngsters-are-jumping-into-the-sea-from-the-disused-barge-pier-off-gunners-park-2C9EX53.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Ten UKNS/Live News sales in today. 'Live News' values are a new low and barely differentiated from UKNS now. At least I didn't need to travel for most of them, such as:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 31-July-2020 ; End: 31-July-2025 ; Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-31st-jul-2020-with-the-forecast-high-temperatures-people-are-heading-to-the-seafront-to-cool-down-despite-the-covid-19-coronavirus-advice-in-the-thorpe-bay-area-to-the-east-of-southend-on-sea-people-are-out-enjoying-the-early-morning-high-tide-youngsters-are-jumping-into-the-sea-from-the-disused-barge-pier-off-gunners-park-2C9EX53.jpg

A little embarrassing for the kid in the Nike shirt 😃

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Michael Ventura said:

A little embarrassing for the kid in the Nike shirt 😃

They all do that nowadays. Comforting?

15 minutes ago, Avpics said:

They all do that nowadays. Comforting?

Sorry I meant to quote this text, not my own.

I know, I have a son roughly of that age.

A photo of photos. Country: Worldwide  Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Uso en una presentación/charla (por ejemplo, Powerpoint y Keynote) o en un boletín informativo.  Only $ but all sales welcome.

2AF6W9B.jpg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Avpics said:

I wonder what the black  t-shirt Nike guy is doing? 

Sign of a pizza restaurant in Washington DC that was the site of conspiracy theory motivated gun shooting.  U.K. newspaper web use for mid $

usa-washington-dc-comet-ping-pong-pizza-controversy-hillary-clinton-M2H3AD.jpg

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

A photo of photos. Country: Worldwide  Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Uso en una presentación/charla (por ejemplo, Powerpoint y Keynote) o en un boletín informativo.  Only $ but all sales welcome.

2AF6W9B.jpg

So the buyer chose yours instead of my “pile of old photos”. I think that was the search term on my zoom.  Darn.

• Like 1

After a very slow month, 4 sales dropped in today

Affiliate Sale; Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Magazines and books - To the US

High $$

FWM9GB.jpg

Lowish $$ distributor sale. Third licence of this image via Alamy
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 July 2020
End: 01 July 2025
Spain, Editorial website

clown-anemonefish-amphiprion-percula-tending-eggs-laid-at-the-base-E7M4XE.jpg

• Like 2

Belgian horse during horse pull at local fair.

belgian-team-pulling-weight-load-in-heavy-horse-pull-competition-at-DEP2F7.jpg

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 12 August 2020
End: 12 August 2025
Digital only book product, volume discount, images up to any size, any placement. Rights for life of product.

Mid $$

One of my earliest submissions.

Jill

People enjoying craft beer outside Ma Che Siete Venuti A Fà, a small birreria in Trastevere district of Rome, Italy

people-enjoying-craft-beer-outside-ma-ch

Image use: Editorial Details of use: Book, print and/or e-book Image Size: 1 page Print run: Unlimited Placement: Inside Duration: 25 years Country: Worldwide Additional Details: Single context inside use across all hardback, paperback, audio and digital editions of a title; Unlimited print run, unlimited duration.

Royalty-free, $ 33.11.

Image was zoomed in May. This sale could be related, as it is for a book.

Bank of Scotland gates. Edinburgh. For a measly $. Just realised its the second 'gate" picture sale in two days. 

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 17 July 2020
End: 18 July 2020
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

royal-bank-of-scotland-edinburgh-scotlan

Edited by Webby