Images sold in August 2020

the-crowd-waits-for-the-2016-fuji-rock-festival-to-begin-on-the-red-marquee-stage-on-opening-night-TAK63P.jpg

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 28 August 2020
End: 28 August 2022

Low $$. 

7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

That's on the OZ Oudezijds Voorburgwal (here on Google maps) (wiki here).  It's also the beginning of the Red Light District. The church at the end is the St Nicholas Basilica, while the tower of the Old Church is just visible on the left.

The modern bicycle he's riding is a slightly older (launched in 2010) VanMoof F5 with integrated lock. This is still a non-electrical bike, the innovation at the time was the integrating of the lock and a USB port (!). They now focus on electric bikes: VanMoof.

This bridge was known the world over as the Pillenbrug, the Pill Bridge in the not to distant past, and was to be avoided for all sorts of reasons even in the daytime.

I only see one cyclist btw. It seems that searches for bicycles in Amsterdam often include the keyword bridge also. (Yes I have some too.)

600m/2000ft from my birthplace (as the crow flies - to the left - the right being the Red Light District proper). 😃

wim

Thanks Wim, some good key words I could use. I was quite impressed on that bike how the lights are installed into the top tube. If I had known how close you lived to the bridge I would popped in for a coffee. By the way I was not there for the sex.

Alan

long wait for a plump sale B12PG3 for a bit over $900. Banking sector. There are over 800 pix on Alamy for Tabernas with pretend gun slingers among other things, but mine was shot before the whole place turned into a sort of theme park. Tried to drag the image in but it wouldn't budge

I've always said, if you have a decent sized collection of well edited images, you ought to win a nice fat fee once in awhile. One a year won't affect the yearly takings a huge amount but encourages that not all sales are tiddlers. Sadly, it seems impossible to predict what and when.

Edited by Robert M Estall
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

Two nice high $$

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Catalog
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
End: 28 August 2023
Print run: up to 20,000; Duration: up to 5 years; Includes online pdf version of the catalog.

The silhouette of the Mount Pico, overlooking the hedge rows dividing the vineyards of Pico Island, Azores, Portugal Stock Photo

Tourists on a path leading to Lagoa do Canario Miradouro, viewpoint, and Santiago Lake and part of Sete Cidades Lake. Sao Miguel island, Azores. Stock Photo

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

long wait for a plump sale B12PG3 for a bit over $900. Banking sector. There are over 800 pix on Alamy for Tabernas with pretend gun slingers among other things, but mine was shot before the whole place turned into a sort of theme park. Tried to drag the image in but it wouldn't budge

I've always said, if you have a decent sized collection of well edited images, you ought to win a nice fat fee once in awhile. One a year won't affect the yearly takings a huge amount but encourages that not all sales are tiddlers. Sadly, it seems impossible to predict what and when.

Congrats Robert! Good to hear.

KR

Kumar

3 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

Thanks Wim, some good key words I could use. I was quite impressed on that bike how the lights are installed into the top tube. If I had known how close you lived to the bridge I would popped in for a coffee. By the way I was not there for the sex.

Alan

I have been living 20 km from there for ages now. The Old Church was where we went to church when I was a kid until they closed it for restoration. The back alley where we lived on the Singel canal was a sort of outpost of the Red Light District and was known throughout the city as Whore's Alley (Hoeresteegje). Like the Australians have mates and sheilas, Amsterdammers have aunts and uncles. Lots of nice ones watched over me when I learned to ride my little bike in that alley. 😁

Next time we will have that coffee!

wim

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
End: 28 August 2022

$$

Guitar Center, LA.

guitar-center-musical-instrument-retaile

I haven't posted much here because my sales have been dismal post-covid but this just sold on Saturday.  

people-and-families-enjoying-the-white-s

The beach at Seaside Florida.  U.S. magazine sale, use worldwide for one issue.  A travel magazine?  Didn't get what I would expect for a magazine but I'll take it.

Rick

Nice low $$$

Usage: Editorial 

Media: Book, print and/or e-book

Duration : 15 years, Rights granted for print and electronic versions, all supplementary e-usages (web, DVD, e-book, powerpoint downloads

Sint-Baafsplein square with the Het Belfort Stock Photo

• Like 2

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1 page
End: 28 August 2025

High $$ woo-hoo! Quadrupled my August take. At least the French and Germans know how to pay for images.

archive-image-of-a-young-woman-in-front-of-soviet-mig-21-fighter-mutoid-FX43KF.jpg

OH again, in 1994, and yes, that is a Mig-21.
Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Swiss newspaper sale...

Rear of an Iranian registered truck, showing an assortment of highway code information signs, and a long vehicle (with dachshund dog) reflector plate.

Don't forget it's now September!

• 2 weeks later...