August 2020 Favourite Uploads

gvallee

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

Ohhhhh. Is this where you went after crossing the river with crocs?

Paulette

Yes it is. The area is outrageously scenic and wild. It was one of the highlights of my year long trip so far.

We saw many turtle tracks and nests on the beach but not a flipper of them. Also sand goanna, birds, exotic fish. 

It was a very tough trip for the vehicle, 7h of corrugation and dust but well worth it.

• Love 1

56 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Yes it is. The area is outrageously scenic and wild. It was one of the highlights of my year long trip so far.

We saw many turtle tracks and nests on the beach but not a flipper of them. Also sand goanna, birds, exotic fish. 

It was a very tough trip for the vehicle, 7h of corrugation and dust but well worth it.

Beautiful!

Keep on posting them and leaving us jealous!

(Ubirr is the closest I've ever come.)

Somehow I don't get your images when I search for the Cobourg Peninsula. If they have not gone live yet, how come we can see them here?

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

If they have not gone live yet, how come we can see them here?

You can link to them as soon as they clear QC (or on upload if you're a 5 star general) and change the second part of the image URL from /zooms/ to /comp/.

zooms:

BD9H82.jpg

comp:

BD9H82.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You can link to them as soon as they clear QC (or on upload if you're a 5 star general) and change the second part of the image URL from /zooms/ to /comp/.

Ahh thank you! I knew about replacing one for the other, but never thought of doing that from there. Always started at the other end.

wim

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Beautiful!

Keep on posting them and leaving us jealous!

(Ubirr is the closest I've ever come.)

Somehow I don't get your images when I search for the Cobourg Peninsula. If they have not gone live yet, how come we can see them here?

wim

Awww... Thank you Wim. With a 5 star QC rank, we can copy pix before they are actually added to the database.

Only a fraction of my Cobourg images will go on Alamy for a variety of reasons. I'm exclusive to Alamy but I also shoot for fun and for our blog. I put together this little amateurish video but I'm learning. It's a medley of media I have used on that trip: drone, in-camera video, timelapse, big stopper. All the fun I could handle in one slideshow. 

I particularly like this small planet of Cobourg. So easy to do in PS when you have the right basic shots (Sphere option on the drone. You get a flat image and do the planet in PS).

How was the driving? Like that. And that. (click on the right arrow to see the series).

Cahill's Crossing was a piece of cake. There was hardly any water and a few crocs for entertainment. Apparently, one croc jumped on another one but I didn't see because I was driving.

And if you're a glutton for punishment, here's my photography page on FB.

I'm hitting the road again in a couple of hours for my third sunrise cruise of Yellow Water Billabong. I never have enough of it. Friends who just did it saw a croc killling a snake. I wish...

So not sure when the rest of Arnhem Land images will be uploaded. I'll do my best! Thanks for your interest.

Edited by gvallee

On 02/08/2020 at 20:24, gvallee said:

Yes I know that Aborigenes love them. It's a time of plenty for them when the geese migrate. Or should I say 'used to be' 

Not us at Lee Point, we're in Batchelor. Back to Darwin on Tuesday for a new shock absorber. Must have been one bulldust hole too many... 

You would recognise us from the sticker at the front 'home is where we park it'. And the roos and emus decals on the sides.

Gen

Lucky devils... stuck down here in Melbourne and confined to a 5km radius of home, with no visitors allowed.  And they wonder why the public parks and bike paths seem busier than usual? You certainly picked the best part of the continent to see out the pandemic!  No end of photographic opportunities, either, love the bird images. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Philip Game said:

Lucky devils... stuck down here in Melbourne and confined to a 5km radius of home, with no visitors allowed.  And they wonder why the public parks and bike paths seem busier than usual? You certainly picked the best part of the continent to see out the pandemic!  No end of photographic opportunities, either, love the bird images. 

Thank you Philip. I do feel for you Victorians, the situation is dreadful. The wind, or rather floods and bush fires, re-routed us into NT just before Covid. It could not have been a better place to get stuck in. We did 2 months in iso in Alice Springs, then roads opened up again. We've been here for about 6 months. With a 4x4 vehicle, it's paradise! I sincerely hope that things get better for you soon. All the best.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Awww... Thank you Wim. With a 5 star QC rank, we can copy pix before they are actually added to the database.

Only a fraction of my Cobourg images will go on Alamy for a variety of reasons. I'm exclusive to Alamy but I also shoot for fun and for our blog. I put together this little amateurish video but I'm learning. It's a medley of media I have used on that trip: drone, in-camera video, timelapse, big stopper. All the fun I could handle in one slideshow. 

I particularly like this small planet of Cobourg. So easy to do in PS when you have the right basic shots (Sphere option on the drone. You get a flat image and do the planet in PS).

How was the driving? Like that. And that. (click on the right arrow to see the series).

Cahill's Crossing was a piece of cake. There was hardly any water and a few crocs for entertainment. Apparently, one croc jumped on another one but I didn't see because I was driving.

And if you're a glutton for punishment, here's my photography page on FB.

I'm hitting the road again in a couple of hours for my third sunrise cruise of Yellow Water Billabong. I never have enough of it. Friends who just did it saw a croc killling a snake. I wish...

So not sure when the rest of Arnhem Land images will be uploaded. I'll do my best! Thanks for your interest.

Yep that's quite enough for punishment 😂

Love that small planet. Would have loved that Barra! Was it Barra?

wim

6 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Thank you Philip. I do feel for you Victorians, the situation is dreadful. The wind, or rather floods and bush fires, re-routed us into NT just before Covid. It could not have been a better place to get stuck in. We did 2 months in iso in Alice Springs, then roads opened up again. We've been here for about 6 months. With a 4x4 vehicle, it's paradise! I sincerely hope that things get better for you soon. All the best.

Thanks, Genevieve.. time for our daily walk!  Cheers, Philip

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Yep that's quite enough for punishment 😂

Love that small planet. Would have loved that Barra! Was it Barra?

wim

Nope. A golden Snapper. Tasted yummy. To be honest, we had great fun fishing over the reef, but having seen a wonderful footage of underwater life in the cultural centre beforehand, we felt very guilty reeling in all those wonderful fish. In the end, we decided we will not go again. Perhaps in rivers only, it was way too easy on the reef. My first catch was a shark.

11 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Ahh thank you! I knew about replacing one for the other, but never thought of doing that from there. Always started at the other end.

wim

Wim, thank you. Being able to help you out has made my day.

• Love 1

Cobourg Peninsula, Arnhem Land

2CCP20P.jpg

Wim: my second batch was held for a few hours in QC but has now passed. If you wait 24h, you'll be able to do a search on 'Cobourg Peninsula'.

• Love 1

I am also incredibly grateful to be living where I am, in such beautiful surroundings, when so many friends and acquaintances are in various degrees of corona-lockdown around the world. A few recent uploads from a 4WD camping trip:

Termite mounds at dawn, Nifold Plains, Lakefield national Park, Queensland, Australia Stock Photo

Magnetic termite mounds at Nifold Plains, Lakefield National Park, Cape York

Archerfish (Toxotes jaculatrix) in river with Pandanus overhead, Boodjamulla (Lawn Hill) National Park, Queensland, Australia Stock Photo

Archerfish at Boodjamulla National Park 

Rainforest floor, Cooper Creek wilderness, Daintree National Park, Queensland, Australia Stock Photo

The fabulous fan palm forests at Cooper Creek, Daintree National Park

• Love 4

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Some great images in this thread in the last few days!

Just in case your compliment includes my images, thank you Doc. Now, can you tell the buyers??

• Love 1

8 hours ago, gvallee said:

Just in case your compliment includes my images, thank you Doc. Now, can you tell the buyers??

Certainly did GVallee - particularly the young ? jacana bird? - and wish I could!!

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Certainly did GVallee - particularly the young ? jacana bird? - and wish I could!!

Spot on. Baby jacana. So small, I could have held him in my hand. So cute! 

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1