Jump to content

Post a bad thing that happened in your life today


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Alamy hasn't sent the payment yet.

I'm sure balance of account will go to "fund transfer originated" tomorrow, and arrive on Thursday.

Edit: net revenue has just gone to showing December clearances as paid.

Edited by spacecadet
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

This is not exactly that something else bad happened, it's more that nothing is happening. The new year is off to a slow, bumpy start. Alamy keeps changing my January payout date. That is normally on the first. Today it says the 4th, which is today, but there's no payout yet. TransferWise and my NYC bank are also dragging their feet on a transfer that I made on the first.

 

Covid jabs, lockdowns, lorry lines to France? Don't ask.

 

Just got my notice of payment from Alamy, so I am sure pipes are being thawed out and the flow of cash is coming along to those getting a payout.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my notice in an email too. And my TransferWise has gone through. So all is again right with the world. Well, almost. Except for . . . you know. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

2021 just kicked off with the refund of a PU sale. ūüôĄ

 

Sorry to hear that John.   It had me scampering to download a sales report, as I've had a load of PUs recently. 

 

No news is good news I guess.¬†ūüôÉ

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bryan said:

 

Sorry to hear that John.   It had me scampering to download a sales report, as I've had a load of PUs recently. 

 

No news is good news I guess.¬†ūüôÉ

 

I had four PU sales in December, including the one that was refunded today, so I'm hoping there won't be more post-Xmas returns. ūü§ě

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

I had four PU sales in December, including the one that was refunded today, so I'm hoping there won't be more post-Xmas returns. ūü§ě

 

Just being nosey John but what was the subject?

 

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

 

Just being nosey John but what was the subject?

 

Cheers.

 

The refunded PU sale was an image of a Mexican papier maché sculpture of an imaginary creature.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

The refunded PU sale was an image of a Mexican papier maché sculpture of an imaginary creature.

 

Thanks.   They should have gone to Specsavers Ebay.

 

Stay safe

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2020 at 13:20, aphperspective said:

The saga continues, looking like a dodgy fuel pump (its in the tank). A pressure test will tell. To be continued.ūüėí

My Car problem has turned out to be a blocked 2nd stage catalytic converter, only good news its allot cheaper than a first stage replacement.ūüôā

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

My Car problem has turned out to be a blocked 2nd stage catalytic converter, only good news its allot cheaper than a first stage replacement.ūüôā

Crumbs.

Tell us more if you know it. How blocked?

At least you didn't have No. 1 son's problem, his Maserati ate its own platinum sponge. Cost £3000 to fish it out of the engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Crumbs.

Tell us more if you know it. How blocked?

At least you didn't have No. 1 son's problem, his Maserati ate its own platinum sponge. Cost £3000 to fish it out of the engine.

I have no idea how it got blocked, just a guess burning dirty fuel or just an age thing. On a Golf there are 2 Cats, the first is part of the exhaust manifold and hence V pricey thankfully the second is further back under the car, just 1 tube and bits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Over here in the USA, catalytic converters has become one of the most popular things to steal. An experienced crook with a battery powered metal saw can get one off in a couple of minutes. Precious metals are in them.

Auto sales lots and companies with a large fleet of autos/trucks for their business are coming to work and finding many catalytic converters removed.

A part of my city where the businesses taking scrap metal reside have large signs soliciting catalytic converters.

Edited by Betty LaRue
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Catalytic converter theft is a huge problem here in Rural Ireland, heating oil theft is another matter, they just smash the padlocks of the tank where people are away and pump out the heating oil. That and outboard engine theft from boats overnight.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

I don't think Catalytic converter theft is a huge problem here in Rural Ireland, heating oil theft is another matter, they just smash the padlocks of the tank where people are away and pump out the heating oil. That and outboard engine theft from boats overnight.

 

The thieves never stop, do they? While it’s possible they may be in dire straights, they don’t know the family they steal from may be on the brink, also. Stealing is just wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most thieves are not interested in the problems and chaos their actions cause. Most of the time if there caught its a fine or slap on the wrist, not long ago near me fishermen were finding their outboard engines had been cut out of the back of the boat with a chainsaw. Not only is the boat wrecked they can't get out to their trawlers to fish.

The 2 pieces of slime were caught one night by a fisherman coming in late on the tide. The crew held them while more skippers gathered, their van failed its flying test (pushed off a cliff).

Lets just say they are now physically incapable of stealing ever again. After the months of hardship they caused I recon they got of light. (stand by for red arrows). In this case i'm not interested, they should have been sent over after the van.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Most thieves are not interested in the problems and chaos their actions cause. Most of the time if there caught its a fine or slap on the wrist, not long ago near me fishermen were finding their outboard engines had been cut out of the back of the boat with a chainsaw. Not only is the boat wrecked they can't get out to their trawlers to fish.

The 2 pieces of slime were caught one night by a fisherman coming in late on the tide. The crew held them while more skippers gathered, their van failed its flying test (pushed off a cliff).

Lets just say they are now physically incapable of stealing ever again. After the months of hardship they caused I recon they got of light. (stand by for red arrows). In this case i'm not interested, they should have been sent over after the van.

 

 

 

 

I am with you in that often the legal punishment does not fit the crime these days.  Slapped wrists and all that.

 

Allan

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2021 at 19:30, Betty LaRue said:

Over here in the USA, catalytic converters has become one of the most popular things to steal. An experienced crook with a battery powered metal saw can get one off in a couple of minutes. Precious metals are in them.

Auto sales lots and companies with a large fleet of autos/trucks for their business are coming to work and finding many catalytic converters removed.

A part of my city where the businesses taking scrap metal reside have large signs soliciting catalytic converters.

 

It's a problem in parts of the UK too.  I've seen advice suggesting that you park in a way that makes removal more difficult, i.e. up against a wall on the cat side, avoid parking with one side raised on the pavement (sidewalk) etc.  Best solution, put it in your garage at home, but I use my garage for better things than storing a car.

 

A friend had thieves drill a hole in his fuel tank and steal the diesel. The cost of the diesel is trivial compared to having to buy and fit a new tank. 

 

Thieves around here have been taking metal road and footpath signs, somebody is recycling them, or maybe they go into a container and are shipped abroad ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of crime here are teenagers in the middle of the night breaking into cars parked in driveways and stealing anything they get their hands on. Often no more than petty change kept in the console. Many people around here have cameras installed and the teens, and often their vehicles are caught on camera. Many times there are 2-4 kids running in a pack. Then the owner gets to replace a broken car window when higher deductibles with their insurance company won’t cover the replacement.

We had an attempted break-in to our home years ago. According to shoe prints, two kicks were given to the front door, but it held.

He/they then went to the back sliding patio door. They lifted the one that slid out of the track, but the thick broom handle we used in the track beside it while we were away stopped them from getting in.

I have a two-door garage, one car, so I’m good. And the rummage sale I had in October got rid of a lot of stuff I had in the garage. I also have an alarm system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had surgery in Brisbane 2 days ago. I waited a long time for the appointment. I would have posted this in the 'good news' thread but what happened next? The first case of coronavirus community transmission in months, the UK variant strain to boot, just where my clinic was. Result: we're in lockdown, surprisingly only for 3 days but I don't believe for a second it won't be for longer. That's entirely the right thing to do, no gripes here, but what timing!! We always give big cities a wide berth.  I just hope I won't catch Covid because my op was on my nose and I won't be able to breathe properly for 2 weeks! And it's raining. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I had surgery in Brisbane 2 days ago. I waited a long time for the appointment. I would have posted this in the 'good news' thread but what happened next? The first case of coronavirus community transmission in months, the UK variant strain to boot, just where my clinic was. Result: we're in lockdown, surprisingly only for 3 days but I don't believe for a second it won't be for longer. That's entirely the right thing to do, no gripes here, but what timing!! We always give big cities a wide berth.  I just hope I won't catch Covid because my op was on my nose and I won't be able to breathe properly for 2 weeks! And it's raining. 

ARGH! What can I say other than rotten luck. You have that Aussie grit from being in the country so long, so you’ll come out on top. I do hope you’ll be able to move out when you want to.
Right now, I look like I have the pox from having a few places frozen on my face. Even though I’ve used sunscreen religiously for years, my sun-worshiping teen years and very active outdoor lifestyle caught up with me with a few places unseen by the naked eye, but caught by the dermatologist.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

ARGH! What can I say other than rotten luck. You have that Aussie grit from being in the country so long, so you’ll come out on top. I do hope you’ll be able to move out when you want to.
Right now, I look like I have the pox from having a few places frozen on my face. Even though I’ve used sunscreen religiously for years, my sun-worshiping teen years and very active outdoor lifestyle caught up with me with a few places unseen by the naked eye, but caught by the dermatologist.

 

Thank you Betty. A motorhome is not the ideal place for a lockdown but we've been there before. The lockdown was totally unexpected, it was announced this morning, and starts¬†at 6pm today, so there has been a rush to the supermarkets. Luckily, we have¬†everything we need. Yes, including you-know-what¬†ūüėā

 

I hope you feel better soon Betty.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gvallee said:

 

Thank you Betty. A motorhome is not the ideal place for a lockdown but we've been there before. The lockdown was totally unexpected, it was announced this morning, and starts¬†at 6pm today, so there has been a rush to the supermarkets. Luckily, we have¬†everything we need. Yes, including you-know-what¬†ūüėā

 

I hope you feel better soon Betty.

Good you have plenty of you-know-what. You have to have a different kind for motor homes, so shouldn‚Äôt be much competition for it. Although hoarders would probably go for anything! ūüėĀ Eat the corn, save the cob.:lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good grief, Gen . . . but if we didn't have bad timing, we'd have no timing at all.

 

Hmm. Ignore that thought. It makes no sense at all. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Good grief, Gen . . . but if we didn't have bad timing, we'd have no timing at all.

 

Hmm. Ignore that thought. It makes no sense at all. 

 

Oh yes it does. In fact, I thrive on the unexpected, the unscheduled, the unforseeable, the changes of plans. Adventure is my middle name.

Quote from the Cream: "If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all!".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.