Post a bad thing that happened in your life today

Feel better soon Betty, it's all past and done now. Being at home will also make you feel better.

OH had a colonoscopy done a couple of days ago. First thing he said to me when he woke up was 'wow!! the doctor is a hottie!!' What can I say, not a bad choice of doctor to push a camera up your bum 😂😂😂

• Haha 4
5 hours ago, gvallee said:

OH had a colonoscopy done a couple of days ago. First thing he said to me when he woke up was 'wow!! the doctor is a hottie!!' What can I say, not a bad choice of doctor to push a camera up your bum 😂😂😂

🙂😉

I've got to the age where I don't have many acquaintances who haven't had a colonoscopy, not as bad an experience as might be expected although waking up isn't part of the deal in these parts, you remain awake throughout and can optionally view a moving image of your insides - fascinating viewing.

Moving on, I recently discovered the music of Pharis and Jason Romero, which is a very good thing. It's amazing that they make and sell banjos from a remote settlement in Canada. 

But the bad thing is that I have tried in vain to download an MP3 version of one of their CDs. Can't understand the problem, Amazon is implying that my cards are not pukka, however I've bought other things more recently without a problem from a different vendor on Amazon.  Frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a gastroduoendoscopy and a colonoscopy done in the same sitting, or should I say laying. As you say Bryan I was awake through both procedures and was surprised at how easy both procedures went. No pain and very little by the way of dicomfort. Fortunately they did the gastro bit before doing the colon one.

Allan

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I had a gastroduoendoscopy and a colonoscopy done in the same sitting, or should I say laying. As you say Bryan I was awake through both procedures and was surprised at how easy both procedures went. No pain and very little by the way of dicomfort. Fortunately they did the gastro bit before doing the colon one.

Allan

Same. OH had both done. I'm beginning to think that Aussies are pansies with full anesthesia...

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Moving on, I recently discovered the music of Pharis and Jason Romero, which is a very good thing. It's amazing that they make and sell banjos from a remote settlement in Canada. 

Is that bluegrass?

no--folk and very nice. I spent 2 years doing this music type of music in Greenwich Village clubs.

the 4-string banjo used in China is called . . . a ruan, one of my nicknames. Ruan means red in Irish. I had black hair; now it's white.

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

That would have been Dr Dolittle  of pushme-pullyou fame?

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Same. OH had both done. I'm beginning to think that Aussies are pansies with full anesthesia...

Haha had full anesthesia also. but woke up during the procedure.

Watched the monitor for a while and noticed why I had woken up:

There, there's another one.. PIEWW,. PIEWW.. you got it? yes I got it... there! PIEWW PIEWW.. and another bites the dust..

250?cb=20140504072118

It was like a video game where you steer a plane through a canyon. And you fire at your opponent. In my case they fired at the walls. Which hurt and had woken me up.

Later they wouldn't believe I had woken up, until I described this scene.

My screen was not in full color btw. And it was more like a tunnel than a canyon. Pity I didn't have my camera with me. But I did get screenshots later. 😁

wim

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Deleted - stupid old coke

Edited by geogphotos
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Thank you for pointing me to them. I had the same wood stove in my studio like they have. Still have it, but not in use. You do know Gillian Welch I guess?

wim

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

That reminds me to the lesbian who asked for a strapadichtomy.

Why does that remind me of Chief Kamanawanalea (We're The Royal Macadamia Nuts)? (=The Turtles Present the Battle of the Bands)

wim

7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Thank you for pointing me to them. I had the same wood stove in my studio like they have. Still have it, but not in use. You do know Gillian Welch I guess?

wim

Hadn't encountered her music  before Wim, but thanks for the link, certainly worthy of further exploration.

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

🙂😉

I've got to the age where I don't have many acquaintances who haven't had a colonoscopy, not as bad an experience as might be expected although waking up isn't part of the deal in these parts, you remain awake throughout and can optionally view a moving image of your insides - fascinating viewing.

But the bad thing is that I have tried in vain to download an MP3 version of one of their CDs. Can't understand the problem, Amazon is implying that my cards are not pukka, however I've bought other things more recently without a problem from a different vendor on Amazon.  Frustrating.

I actually enjoyed my one and only colonoscopy a few years ago. It was a bit like watching the Grand Prix. They also gave me an opioid that made me feel so blissful that I asked if they would consider doing takeout. 😁

Pharis and Jason Romero are very good indeed. I miss folk music like theirs.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, wiskerke said:

There, there's another one.. PIEWW,. PIEWW.. you got it? yes I got it... there! PIEWW PIEWW.. and another bites the dust..

250?cb=20140504072118

It was like a video game where you steer a plane through a canyon. And you fire at your opponent. In my case they fired at the walls. Which hurt and had woken me up.

Later they wouldn't believe I had woken up, until I described this scene.

My screen was not in full color btw. And it was more like a tunnel than a canyon. Pity I didn't have my camera with me. But I did get screenshots later. 😁

wim

OMG Wim!! That must have been scary. I met a person who also sort of woke up, more like the locked in syndrome. They could not wake her up after surgery but she could hear everything. She was sent to another hospital. Later when she told the doctors what happened, they didn't believe her. Until she told them she had heard them arguing about who would pay for the ambulance to the other hospital. S-c-a-r-y !!!

20 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Cauterising polyps I assume? Didn't find that painful, but produced a weird feeling inside.

I had a similar experience during a vasectomy. A local anaesthetic and all going well until the surgeon disappeared to answer the phone, and remained away for a while.

The anaesthetic wore off and the pain became unbearable, I've never sweated so profusely before or since.  Eventually, actually probably pretty quickly but it seemed an age, a nurse injected another shot of painkiller and all was well.  Some things you don't forget.

Back to folk music, I gave up on ordering a Pharas and Jason  MP3 download and bought the CD, maybe they don't want to sell downloads through Amazon?

Edited by Bryan
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Bryan said:

I had a similar experience during a vasectomy. A local anaesthetic and all going well until the surgeon disappeared to answer the phone, and remained away for a while.

The anaesthetic wore off and the pain became unbearable, I've never sweated so profusely before or since.  Eventually, actually probably pretty quickly but it seemed an age, a nurse injected another shot of painkiller and all was well.  Some things you don't forget.

Oh no!! Sounds unprofesssional to say the least.

• Upvote 1
On 20/11/2020 at 09:50, Vincent Lowe said:

It has never crossed my mind that this song is not universally known. It has been such a recurring hit in the UK for years and years. It resurfaces every November and goes back into hibernation after Xmas! 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

It has never crossed my mind that this song is not universally known. It has been such a recurring hit in the UK for years and years. It resurfaces every November and goes back into hibernation after Xmas!

Must have heard it in the eighties, but it has never occurred to me that it could be that much of an evergreen in the UK. Then again, it must be the punk generation carrying this with them along life's path. On closer inspection I do have it on If I should fall, and 3 more demos on the Just look them straight in the eye box set. (All 3 are on youtube in case you're interested.)

On last count I had 287 songs with Christmas in the title. That is modern music, because classical music does have lots of albums called Christmas this or that, but very seldom in the title.

If you're in for a little crossover culture watch this. Mine is from 2007.

If you're into cats, then this is for you. This is the Bad Things Thread after all.

😂

wim

On 20/11/2020 at 21:33, gvallee said:

Feel better soon Betty, it's all past and done now. Being at home will also make you feel better.

Funeee!

I’ve had a few of those. Easy. What I hate is the prep. Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Windows 10 decided that it needed to update today. Computer out of action for over 4 hours. Just waiting for the inevitable crashes over the next few days. 

One  good thing, there have been no changes to my home screen, while in the past updates have pushed unwanted features in my direction which took time to eliminate.

Well, it's not terrible but the Thanksgiving dinner I was going to was cancelled. My friend is afraid she could have the virus --- which would be terrible but I hope for the best. She is very sensitive to feelings and she thought she might have it once before. Her test came back negative that time so I hope it is the same this time. The lucky thing is that I hadn't yet started to make the dozen corn muffins I was going to bring. So it is a quiet evening at home. I was expecting to have leftovers as well as having a big dinner tonight so tomorrow I have to replenish my food supply. Still grateful for all I have.. my health, friends, a comfortable apartment and adequate income. Also thankful for all the helpful people on the forum and for the sales Alamy brings me.

Paulette 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The first frost of the Autumn, our garden pond has a thin layer of ice on the surface, and it's not yet officially winter ! 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Bryan said:

The first frost of the Autumn, our garden pond has a thin layer of ice on the surface, and it's not yet officially winter ! 

I guess it's also a 'bad' thing, but conversely, Australia has been the hottest country in the wold today. The 10 hottest locations in the world were all in Oz, from 46.6C to 42.3C. And we're not even in summer!! Only in 3 day's time.

• Sad 3