Post a bad thing that happened in your life today

Ed Rooney

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Have any of you got a magic wand? I'd like to borrow it so I can get rid of this broken arm situation. A nice big slice of apple pie would help too.  

Before you know it, it will be healed. The soreness should gradually ease up so that you can carefully use your fingers to help with laces and buttons.
I’d be happy to bake you an old-fashioned cinnamony apple pie if you were here. My daughter, who’s been on a low-carb, low sugar diet for years, breaks her diet for my apple pie. In fact, if there were only one piece, she’d probably slit your throat for it. 😁

14 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

You no doubt know this already, but those treadmill tests give a lot of false positives. My doctor recommended that I have one a number of years ago. I was overweight at the time, and I set off all the bells and whistles. Consequently, they made me radioactive and did a scan. Turned out everything was 100% OK after all. Best of luck.

I had the chemical test because I didn’t think I could do the treadmill, because of my back issues.

Never again. It felt like was having a heart attack. 3 medical people getting quite excited as I writhed in chest, arm and back pain, gasping for oxygen I couldn’t seem to find.

It was several minutes of agony before it began to ease from a crushing pain level of 10+ to a 5 on the scale.
I looked at them and said, “never again.”
I’ve always been tough. Gone through childbirth without a whimper. Had kidney stones and food poisoning. Took chemotherapy for months, horrible. Silent tears slipped down my cheeks one time in those months.
This was on a new level. It must have been what a fatal heart attack feels like.

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I had the chemical test because I didn’t think I could do the treadmill, because of my back issues.

Never again. It felt like was having a heart attack. 3 medical people getting quite excited as I writhed in chest, arm and back pain, gasping for oxygen I couldn’t seem to find.

It was several minutes of agony before it began to ease from a crushing pain level of 10+ to a 5 on the scale.
I looked at them and said, “never again.”
I’ve always been tough. Gone through childbirth without a whimper. Had kidney stones and food poisoning. Took chemotherapy for months, horrible. Silent tears slipped down my cheeks one time in those months.
This was on a new level. It must have been what a fatal heart attack feels like.

Betty, so sorry to read this and know how bad the test was for you.  After all that agony, did the test reveal any beneficial information? I hope you are feeling much better now!

Michael 

• Like 3

Thank you, Michael.

I don’t have the results, yet, but considering how badly I reacted, I don’t expect them to be good. Unless I was over medicated for the test, and it wasn’t me, but them.

Funny thing. I feel fine but don’t feel fine. Then I realize I’m traumatized, and that’s what's wrong. I felt like I was dying. It’s hard to shake that off. It was like I had a massive heart attack without the final lights out.

I’ll get over it. I always bounce back. Tomorrow is another day. Besides, I’m looking at my Christmas tree all lit up and that’s cheerful. It’s the earliest I’ve ever put one up.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 3

Feel better soon Betty, it's all past and done now. Being at home will also make you feel better.

OH had a colonoscopy done a couple of days ago. First thing he said to me when he woke up was 'wow!! the doctor is a hottie!!' What can I say, not a bad choice of doctor to push a camera up your bum 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, gvallee said:

OH had a colonoscopy done a couple of days ago. First thing he said to me when he woke up was 'wow!! the doctor is a hottie!!' What can I say, not a bad choice of doctor to push a camera up your bum 😂😂😂

🙂😉

I've got to the age where I don't have many acquaintances who haven't had a colonoscopy, not as bad an experience as might be expected although waking up isn't part of the deal in these parts, you remain awake throughout and can optionally view a moving image of your insides - fascinating viewing.

Moving on, I recently discovered the music of Pharis and Jason Romero, which is a very good thing. It's amazing that they make and sell banjos from a remote settlement in Canada. 

But the bad thing is that I have tried in vain to download an MP3 version of one of their CDs. Can't understand the problem, Amazon is implying that my cards are not pukka, however I've bought other things more recently without a problem from a different vendor on Amazon.  Frustrating.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a gastroduoendoscopy and a colonoscopy done in the same sitting, or should I say laying. As you say Bryan I was awake through both procedures and was surprised at how easy both procedures went. No pain and very little by the way of dicomfort. Fortunately they did the gastro bit before doing the colon one.

Allan

20 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I had a gastroduoendoscopy and a colonoscopy done in the same sitting, or should I say laying. As you say Bryan I was awake through both procedures and was surprised at how easy both procedures went. No pain and very little by the way of dicomfort. Fortunately they did the gastro bit before doing the colon one.

Allan

Same. OH had both done. I'm beginning to think that Aussies are pansies with full anesthesia...

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Moving on, I recently discovered the music of Pharis and Jason Romero, which is a very good thing. It's amazing that they make and sell banjos from a remote settlement in Canada. 

Is that bluegrass?

no--folk and very nice. I spent 2 years doing this music type of music in Greenwich Village clubs.

the 4-string banjo used in China is called . . . a ruan, one of my nicknames. Ruan means red in Irish. I had black hair; now it's white.

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

That would have been Dr Dolittle  of pushme-pullyou fame?

45 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Same. OH had both done. I'm beginning to think that Aussies are pansies with full anesthesia...

Haha had full anesthesia also. but woke up during the procedure.

Watched the monitor for a while and noticed why I had woken up:

There, there's another one.. PIEWW,. PIEWW.. you got it? yes I got it... there! PIEWW PIEWW.. and another bites the dust..

250?cb=20140504072118

It was like a video game where you steer a plane through a canyon. And you fire at your opponent. In my case they fired at the walls. Which hurt and had woken me up.

Later they wouldn't believe I had woken up, until I described this scene.

My screen was not in full color btw. And it was more like a tunnel than a canyon. Pity I didn't have my camera with me. But I did get screenshots later. 😁

wim

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Deleted - stupid old coke

Edited by geogphotos
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Thank you for pointing me to them. I had the same wood stove in my studio like they have. Still have it, but not in use. You do know Gillian Welch I guess?

wim

• Love 1

7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Thank you for pointing me to them. I had the same wood stove in my studio like they have. Still have it, but not in use. You do know Gillian Welch I guess?

wim

Hadn't encountered her music  before Wim, but thanks for the link, certainly worthy of further exploration.

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

🙂😉

I've got to the age where I don't have many acquaintances who haven't had a colonoscopy, not as bad an experience as might be expected although waking up isn't part of the deal in these parts, you remain awake throughout and can optionally view a moving image of your insides - fascinating viewing.

But the bad thing is that I have tried in vain to download an MP3 version of one of their CDs. Can't understand the problem, Amazon is implying that my cards are not pukka, however I've bought other things more recently without a problem from a different vendor on Amazon.  Frustrating.

I actually enjoyed my one and only colonoscopy a few years ago. It was a bit like watching the Grand Prix. They also gave me an opioid that made me feel so blissful that I asked if they would consider doing takeout. 😁

Pharis and Jason Romero are very good indeed. I miss folk music like theirs.

Edited by John Mitchell

14 hours ago, wiskerke said:

There, there's another one.. PIEWW,. PIEWW.. you got it? yes I got it... there! PIEWW PIEWW.. and another bites the dust..

250?cb=20140504072118

It was like a video game where you steer a plane through a canyon. And you fire at your opponent. In my case they fired at the walls. Which hurt and had woken me up.

Later they wouldn't believe I had woken up, until I described this scene.

My screen was not in full color btw. And it was more like a tunnel than a canyon. Pity I didn't have my camera with me. But I did get screenshots later. 😁

wim

OMG Wim!! That must have been scary. I met a person who also sort of woke up, more like the locked in syndrome. They could not wake her up after surgery but she could hear everything. She was sent to another hospital. Later when she told the doctors what happened, they didn't believe her. Until she told them she had heard them arguing about who would pay for the ambulance to the other hospital. S-c-a-r-y !!!

20 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Cauterising polyps I assume? Didn't find that painful, but produced a weird feeling inside.

I had a similar experience during a vasectomy. A local anaesthetic and all going well until the surgeon disappeared to answer the phone, and remained away for a while.

The anaesthetic wore off and the pain became unbearable, I've never sweated so profusely before or since.  Eventually, actually probably pretty quickly but it seemed an age, a nurse injected another shot of painkiller and all was well.  Some things you don't forget.

Back to folk music, I gave up on ordering a Pharas and Jason  MP3 download and bought the CD, maybe they don't want to sell downloads through Amazon?

Edited by Bryan

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

I had a similar experience during a vasectomy. A local anaesthetic and all going well until the surgeon disappeared to answer the phone, and remained away for a while.

The anaesthetic wore off and the pain became unbearable, I've never sweated so profusely before or since.  Eventually, actually probably pretty quickly but it seemed an age, a nurse injected another shot of painkiller and all was well.  Some things you don't forget.

Oh no!! Sounds unprofesssional to say the least.

• Like 1

• Alamy locked this topic