My money is still not paid

6 minutes ago, Malcolm Park said:

Just looked at your collection, some nice images, but 250 identical shots of Maiden Tower out of a total collection of 1758 shots. Why?

Time lapse shooting but it doesn't make much sense to send in bulk.  Because even though it's not all the same, they look like :)

On 06/07/2020 at 14:45, Malcolm Park said:
On 06/07/2020 at 14:45, Malcolm Park said:

Just looked at your collection, some nice images, but 250 identical shots of Maiden Tower out of a total collection of 1758 shots. Why?

Edited by serhatbozkurt
  • Dislike 2

10 minutes ago, serhatbozkurt said:

Time lapse shooting but it doesn't make much sense to send in bulk.  Because even though it's not all the same, they look like :)

Hello again Hasan,

Understood about timelapse, but the photos look virtually identical, I'm not sure a client could tell the difference. Wouldn't a client normally purchase timelapse photos that have been put together in a video? I don't think they would be purchased separately.

Having excessive similar photos may hurt your CTR rank - which affects how high up your images appear in searches.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Hello again Hasan,

Understood about timelapse, but the photos look virtually identical, I'm not sure a client could tell the difference. Wouldn't a client normally purchase timelapse photos that have been put together in a video? I don't think they would be purchased separately.

Having excessive similar photos may hurt your CTR rank - which affects how high up your images appear in searches.

Yes, you are right. I also stopped installing with that method. Thanks for the information

• Like 1

When the cleared balance gets to $50, they will pay you. 

In a very long career dealing with people in the photography business, Alamy has been the most honest and helpful company I have ever dealt with. They are totally trustworthy. 

Edo

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, serhatbozkurt said:

How can I explain that after 52 days it has not been reset and there have been no payments? Look at your job. I am behind my claim. Is this your support and 4 negative points.  

PhNslR.jpg

see last $ 87 payment 52 days ago

https://hizliresim.com/PhNslR

Click on the Account Balance tab and you’ll see which sales have cleared and which haven’t. The only crucial figure in your image is the 

Current Cleared Balance $24 which is not yet above $50. Hopefully now your question has been answered several times you’ll be able to work out what’s going on. And it isn’t anything to do with stealing.

Edited by Sally

3 hours ago, Malcolm Park said:

I had to have a look for myself - unbelievable!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

When the cleared balance gets to $50, they will pay you. 

In a very long career dealing with people in the photography business, Alamy has been the most honest and helpful company I have ever dealt with. They are totally trustworthy. 

Edo

Again I agree 100% with Edo,

I have been in the "agency" or "Photo library" business around the world since 1978 and the only agency or library that I have never had to ask "Where the HeXX is my money?"

is Alamy.

Over the years I have seen my licenses keep at three to four or more times the amount collected and in this business it does take time for the fees to be collected, months. 

In the "Good Old Photo Agency days" my agents would give me two reports: One on licenses and One on collected licenses.  That is pretty much the way Alamy does it.

Chuck

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Yeah all this stuff about how great Alamy is.

Not all that long ago they reduced my commission for non-exclusive images from 50% to 40% telling us that the money was needed for improvements from which we would all benefit. 

My income is down. Then they sold the company. I don't see any improvements. 

Take it with all with a pinch of salt but certainly they aren't going to cheat you from commission once it is earned.  I dropped one agency last year on suspicion of withholding my sales. I would never suspect Alamy of that.

The OP misunderstood. Try and imagine yourself trying to make sense of a Turkish website before you throw stones. 

Edited by geogphotos

9 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I didn't say "great", Ian. There's nothing great about the digital stock business. Tony Stone's agency was close to great, but that was the film world. 

Tony Stone wasn't great for me  - they wouldn't take me on!  They said the standard was okay but they already had coverage of what I could offer ie) they did protect their contributors from unnecessary competition. 

You are correct though Edo, nothing all that 'great' about the digital stock world except how easy it all is - but that means easy for everybody else too.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

On 06/07/2020 at 17:29, Sally said:

Click on the Account Balance tab and you’ll see which sales have cleared and which haven’t. The only crucial figure in your image is the 

Current Cleared Balance $24 which is not yet above $50. Hopefully now your question has been answered several times you’ll be able to work out what’s going on. And it isn’t anything to do with stealing.

My total balance of $ 173 has not been reset even after 53 days. I think there is no one here who can understand me. 

Edited by serhatbozkurt
  • Dislike 3

17 minutes ago, serhatbozkurt said:

My total balance of $ 173 has not been reset even after 53 days. I think there is no one here who can understand me. You insist on repeating. 

In 2020 the total value of your sales is $173 from 14 sales. That includes Alamy's commission share - you won't get all of that $173

Only $24 due to you has been paid to Alamy. They won't pay you until that amount is over $50.

Go to 'Account Balance' to see what has been paid and what hasn't. 

Edited by geogphotos

2 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

In 2020 the total value of your sales is $173 from 14 sales.

Only $24 has been paid to Alamy. They won't pay you until that amount is over $50.

Go to 'Balance of account' to see what has been paid and what hasn't. 

47/5000

Shouldn't 30% of the commission be paid to me?

5 minutes ago, serhatbozkurt said:

My total balance of $ 173 has not been reset even after 53 days. I think there is no one here who can understand me. You insist on repeating. 

I don't know what you mean by "reset". When i look at my Account Balance on my dashboard I can see which sales have been paid to Alamy. If Alamy has not been paid it says "uncleared" in the right hand column. Is that what you are talking about as "reset"? The truth is that some clients take a long time to pay Alamy. I have two sales for a book that are from March 10. These sales are not cleared and I won't get that money until after Alamy has it. Books can be delayed or cancelled and therefore can take a long time to pay. Have you looked at your Account Balance? It is one of the choices on your dashboard.

Paulette

3 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

In 2020 the total value of your sales is $173 from 14 sales.

Only $24 has been paid to Alamy. They won't pay you until that amount is over $50.

Go to 'Balance of account' to see what has been paid and what hasn't. 

53 days have passed since I obtained this balance.

Just now, NYCat said:

I don't know what you mean by "reset". When i look at my Account Balance on my dashboard I can see which sales have been paid to Alamy. If Alamy has not been paid it says "uncleared" in the right hand column. Is that what you are talking about as "reset"? The truth is that some clients take a long time to pay Alamy. I have two sales for a book that are from March 10. These sales are not cleared and I won't get that money until after Alamy has it. Books can be delayed or cancelled and therefore can take a long time to pay. Have you looked at your Account Balance? It is one of the choices on your dashboard.

Paulette

76/5000

I insisted it was said to me 45 days, I didn't know it took longer. Thank you

Hello Hasan,

I know English is not your first language, don't get frustrated, everyone is trying to help (more or less!).

The 'Sales in 2020' figure will increase during the year, it is cumulative, it increases every time you get a sale. This is the money that Alamy have charged for the pictures sold. Alamy reports this figure before it has actually received the money. You could call it an invoice figure.

The 'Current Cleared Balance' figure is what Alamy will pay you - once Alamy get paid for one of your photos, they deduct the commission, then put the rest in your 'current cleared balance'. Once the amount in 'current cleared balance' gets to $50 or more, you get paid and the 'current cleared balance' resets to $0.

Steve

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve F said:

Hello Hasan,

I know English is not your first language, don't get frustrated, everyone is trying to help.

The 'Sales in 2020' figure will increase during the year, it is cumulative, it increases every time you get a sale. This is the money that Alamy have charged for the pictures sold. Alamy reports this figure before it has actually received the money. You could call it an invoice figure.

The 'Current Cleared Balance' figure is what Alamy will pay you - once Alamy get paid for one of your photos, they deduct the commission, then put the rest in your 'current cleared balance'. Once the amount in 'current cleared balance' gets to $50 or more, you get paid and the 'current cleared balance' resets to $0.

Steve

ok i understood, thank you for your kind attitude

18 minutes ago, serhatbozkurt said:

ok i understood, thank you for your kind attitude

When you get mores sales these number will increase. 

Total sales ( top number) = $173 14 sales to date

Sales in 2020 = $173 14 sales in 2020

Sales this month = $0 0 sales this month

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

When you get mores sales these number will increase. 

Total sales ( top number) = $173 14 sales to date

Sales in 2020 = $173 14 sales in 2020

Sales this month = $0 0 sales this month

okay, thank you very much