Posted (edited)

yes I get the feeling it's as much about the reflection as anything else in that image, nice job.

it's a good reminder as well that the beauty is in the eye of the beholder (ie, customer) and that is why I like alamy - anything goes as long as it meets the technical requirements. I feel some other stock agencies can be a bit arrogant around this subject on only wanting what they see as saleable, which I think is quite narrow minded and lacking an infinite view of things. It's the main reason why I decided pretty early on that I'd be focussing mostly on alamy and not bothering with the others. I do still have to remind myself to be brave and upload some images that I think are not good (to not put too fine a point on it) but as long as they meet the technical requirements they are valid. Also please don't take that as me saying the shop front image is "not good". It actually reminds me somewhat of double exposure photography.

Edited by Cal
  • Like 4

Thanks Cal,

I know what you mean about "not good". I almost didn't upload this image, but at the last minute I thought "what the heck"

You never can tell, especially on Alamy.

This was a fun image to shoot. I had actually intended on giving the bottlebrush flower to a Little Red Flying Fox diva named Angelita, but as soon as Xena saw it she was like "that's mine" and just snatched it out of my hand 😂
A rescued Black Flying Fox named Xena enjoys bottlebrush at a wildlife rescue centre in Kuranda, Queensland.  Flying foxes are keystone pollinators. Stock Photo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MariaJ said:

I have several photos of Queen Elizabeth pa but this is the first one that has ever sold.

Usage: Commercial electronic Media: Website, app and social medi

6 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver, BC Canada.  Beautiful sunken gardens with Bloedel Conservatory above. Stock Photo

I have several photos of Queen Elizabeth park but this is the first one that has ever sold.

Usage: Commercial electronic Media: Website, app and social media $

Nice perspective. My QE Park images don't do well ether -- a couple might have licensed over the years, can't recall -- which is too bad since it's an attractive place.  It's also an interesting spot for tourists to explore, especially the conservatory

Edited by John Mitchell

Low $$

Four men, three brothers and a friend at Uhuru Peak, Mount Kilimanjaro

four-men-three-brothers-and-a-friend-at-uhuru-peak-mount-kilimanjaro-FK009W.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's the second image of bats  I sold this month. Coronavirus??

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing - $$

KCH7G8.jpg

• Like 1

bandera claims to be the cowboy capital of texas in the hill country of texas Stock Photo  

mid $$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 250,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 22 July 2020
End: 22 July 2025
Book and Bookazine use. Repeat use included in a single project.

TESCO joint care. glucosamine sulphate for healthy joints and cartilage. Pack of 240 tablets. 500mg. 

tesco-joint-care-glucosamine-sulphate-for-healthy-joints-and-cartilage-DP9F75.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 22 July 2020
End: 22 July 2025

WAITING FOR THE REFUND!

• Sad 1

Just one UKNS license in so far today, but hopefully it signals the start of a flood of newspaper sales........

pride-in-london-aims-to-promote-all-aspects-of-the-lgbt-community-in-a-colourful-parade-from-portland-place-to-whitehall-2019-marks-the-50th-anniversary-of-the-modern-gay-rights-movement-and-is-expected-to-be-the-biggest-and-best-yet-females-kissing-W2653K.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Edited by spacecadet

Posted (edited)

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Any editorial digital use.

Any size.Any Placement.One time use only. ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 23-July-2020 ; End: 23-July-2022

low $$.

Allez Stade!

spectators-on-the-terraces-of-ernest-wallon-stadium-home-ground-of-stade-toulousain-rugby-union-team-toulouse-haute-garonne-occitanie-france-R0XHTX.jpg
Edited by spacecadet

RF exclusive to Alamy, with RM terms, for educational use $$. Sold second time on same day with different terms for another $$.

Dunes in Oregon

oregon-dunes-national-recreation-area-ne

Second dune shot, this one in in Maui. Guess someone had a dune project.
RF exclusive to Alamy with RM terms for educational use $$.

coastal-sand-dune-restoration-by-plantin

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gvallee said:

It's the second image of bats  I sold this month. Coronavirus??

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing - $$

KCH7G8.jpg

I thought this looked familiar so had to check it out. This is my home town :D I also have photos of this lot on here (taken just before yours). They could be doing stories of how they are meant to be relocating them (or trying to). They are a huge problem and are killing the trees. The trees are in much worse shape now.

Three sales yesterday

Street lamps on Westminster Bridge and the London Eye. Stock Photo

Sold for PU through an affiliate for $$

and

The river Soar at Stamford on Soar. Stock Photo

Sold twice to a newspaper for the same $$ so maybe I shall see a refund come through

Editorial for low $$

Pic already sold to two Irish papers. 😁

clonakilty-west-cork-ireland-18th-may-2020-clonakilty-golf-club-re-opened-today-as-part-of-the-exit-from-the-covid-19-lockdown-enjoying-the-first-day-back-to-the-fairways-whilst-maintaing-social-distancing-were-golf-club-members-sean-ryan-ross-mannix-and-owen-deasy-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2BPCEF7.jpg

Posted (edited)

Montrose Basin from 2009. National newspaper 2 million circulation. low $$. Only zoomed in June, so quick payment. 

summer-sunset-at-the-tidal-montrose-basi

Edited by Webby

7 hours ago, Bella said:

I thought this looked familiar so had to check it out. This is my home town :D I also have photos of this lot on here (taken just before yours). They could be doing stories of how they are meant to be relocating them (or trying to). They are a huge problem and are killing the trees. The trees are in much worse shape now.

Oh you're a Queenslander. Good on you, I love Queensland. Before my current trip, I lived in Cairns. Paradise on earth as far as I'm concerned. And I like Charters Towers as well.

I like those bats but have to admit they are a nuisance. I would imagine that the properties around Lissner Park are unsalable. The stench!!!! For this photo, I had to make sure to keep my mouth shut. It was disgusting, had pee on my camera. We have them in Cairns town centre as well,  next to the library. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Oh you're a Queenslander. Good on you, I love Queensland. Before my current trip, I lived in Cairns. Paradise on earth as far as I'm concerned. And I like Charters Towers as well.

I like those bats but have to admit they are a nuisance. I would imagine that the properties around Lissner Park are unsalable. The stench!!!! For this photo, I had to make sure to keep my mouth shut. It was disgusting, had pee on my camera. We have them in Cairns town centre as well,  next to the library. 

Nice to see a fellow/ex Queenslander :)

Ooh, you got much closer than I did, no way did I want pee on me!  I think you're right about the houses near the park, no one would choose to live there now. Hopefully they can move them but tens of thousands have been spent on it only to have them return. I didn't notice them last time I was in Cairns... I agree, Cairns is a great holiday destination.

• Like 1

One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.  2A5EBNM $$

2A5EBNM.jpg

Shows as being purchased twice, I image one accidentally as they are both the same.  Still can't ge the knack of doing larger images here😂

Carol

An image taken at the first event I covered especially for "Live News" last year.

I didn't sell any at the time - there were a number of press photographers from the local rag at the press night.... But definitely worth getting a few headshots!

I suspect it was used in an article regarding Plymouth Theatre Royal - they announced that there were going to be redundancies as shows are cancelled.

plymouth-uk-27-november-2019adrian-vinke

Low $$

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 25 June 2020
End: 26 June 2020
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

Images sold in the last few days.

Alan

W533P0.jpg

2ANKG6X.jpg

BDBK9W.jpg

E1YJ7G.jpg

• Like 2

Six 'normal' news and live news licenses have come in yesterday and today. I don't think actual UKNS sales have come in yet (assuming I'm getting some!)

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-25th-jun-2020-with-the-forecast-record-temperatures-for-2020-people-are-heading-to-the-seafront-to-cool-down-despite-the-covid-19-coronavirus-advice-in-southend-on-sea-the-shore-of-the-thames-estuary-is-packed-with-people-swimming-and-jumping-into-the-sea-white-caucasian-male-jumping-into-the-sea-from-a-wooden-pier-with-packed-beach-beyond-2C4AF68.jpg

• Like 1

2 sales reported for this image today, one for low $$ (used in the Guardian - print and online) and one for $ for an editorial website. This was the queue for the recycling centre not far from my home on the first day it reopened after lockdown. Alamy gave me Live News access to upload these, so it's good to get some sales, but sadly not while they were still in Live News.

farnborough-hampshire-uk-11th-may-2020-the-household-waste-recycling-centre-in-the-town-has-reopened-today-for-the-first-time-since-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-lockdown-began-in-late-march-there-were-long-queues-of-traffic-as-people-were-very-keen-to-get-rid-of-rubbish-they-had-been-storing-at-home-for-several-weeks-credit-sam-oakseyalamy-live-news-2BMWNJF.jpg

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 June 2020
End: 01 June 2025
Spain, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

RM. Distribution sale. $$.

Holy tree known as Garoé, a stinkwood (Ocotea foetens), used to obtain water by the horizontal rain phenomenon, in El Hierro, Canary Islands, Spain

holy-tree-known-as-garo-a-stinkwood-ocot