Bryan

Have you found any Alamy photos in July 2020?

17 minutes ago, noelbennett said:

I have seen this image on twitter at least four times today.  

Oh dear.

11 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Help yourself!  Add me on FB and PM me with any questions, although there's far better photographers on here than me!

I couldn't find you on facebook but followed you on Twitter. Thanks for suggesting it.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

I couldn't find you on facebook but followed you on Twitter. Thanks for suggesting it.

No probs, I'll try and find you on FB.

5 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

No probs, I'll try and find you on FB.

Cool, I'm the goat face.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Colblimp said:

My first NYT usage - chuffed to bits.  Thanks Alamy!

2C6ET8A  AG News Cork, Ireland. 9th July, 2020. A number of cafés and restaurants in Cork city have implemented 'al fresco' eating on reopening after easing of some Covid-19 restrictions. Cafés are limiting indoor seating and taking customers names and phone numbers for the purposes of contact tracing. Credit: AG News/Alamy Live News

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/world/europe/Ireland-americans-break-quarantine.html?searchResultPosition=1

Your excitement may wain, I am still waiting to get paid from a February 11 usage by the New York Times.  I just get the generic reply from Alamy.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2020 at 16:54, Nigel Kirby said:

Nigel, Thanks for the spot! 🙂

Sun Online  14/07/2020
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/12109586/rules-limits-supermarkets-tesco-aldi-lidl/
Benjamin John     Entrance to Sainsbury's Super Store on Lower Richmond Road, Richmond, Surrey, UK - Image ID: JHRP2J

• Thanks 1

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/jul/16/10-of-the-uks-best-hidden-destinations-readers-travel-tips
F6YJ88  David Chapman Penmon Point; Anglesey
C0CW8M  Christine Whitehead Stone sheep sculpture at Low Force, Teesdale.
2A1XH90  iweta0077  Falls of Unich and hiking trail in Cairngorm National Park.
PMX40M PictureScotland  White Sandy beach locally known as 'Balfour's Bay on the Isle of Erraid
EKFGG9 Alex Ramsay Dewstow Gardens and Grottoes, Caerwent, Wales
BMYWKK Vincent Lowe  The Rhinog Hills from Aran Benllyn in the Aran mountains
K6PWY3 Wilf Doyle Falmouth Cornwall Pendennis point coastal fortress
F337DY  Kevin Eaves  Furness Abbey in Barrow-in-Furness
RF4CP8 Bernd Brueggemann  The Bristol Channel coast with Broadsands Beach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Cheers Kay and Iain !

Times online 16th

World

Sverdlovsk Region, Russia. 14th July, 2020. A view of a water body near the village of Lyovikha in the Kirovgrad City District. The water is contaminated by heavy metals from mines of the Levikhinsky copper-sulphide field. Credit: Donat Sorokin/TASS/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C75YG7

Times2

Steve Vidler  England, West Sussex, Petworth, Petworth House, The Gardens and Ionic Rotunda - Image ID: DE12Y0

Ian Dagnall  Petworth House, West Sussex, England, UK - Image ID: F1BPR9

Albert Knapp  PETWORTH HOUSE (1688) PETWORTH WEST SUSSEX UNITED KINGDOM - Image ID: KJJ03M

NTPL/Andreas von Einsiedel  Barrington Court Inside the Great Hall - Image ID: B8Y3MK

Tim Bradley Photography  Lyme Park is a large estate located south of Disley, Cheshire. The estate is managed by the National Trust - Image ID: MBDGH5

kevin snelling Oxburgh Hall is a moated country house in Oxburgh, Norfolk, England, - Image ID: P6TB1J

Design Pics Inc  The Argory, Moy, Dungannon, Co Armagh, Ireland; 19Th Century National Trust Property - Image ID: EY9WHM

John Morrison  Packwood House, Warwickshire, England UK - Image ID: E8B60A

Ambling Images  Rear of Kingston Lacy House, Dorset, England - Image ID: PGDT0T

Law

marc zakian ministry of justice crown prosecution service - Image ID: M4N4KE

Business

Robert Brook  Dobbies garden shop - Image ID: T8P1FX

Brentwood Essex 25th June 2020 UK phone retailer Carphone Warehouse has closed its 531 standalone stores, including this one in Brentwood, Essex Credit: Ian Davidson/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C4A7MR

London, UK. 5th July, 2020. Matt Hancock, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, gives an interview before he appears on the 'The Andrew Marr Show'. Credit: Tommy London/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C5TF2A

Dominic Smith  Monte Carlo in the Principality of Monaco showing harbour scenes across the city and palace guards on parade - Image ID: T10PKY

Keenretail  Dunelm store, Birchley Industrial Estate, Birchfield Lane, Oldbury B69 1DT - Image ID: PAK0HY

Rear view of woman looking out at countryside - can't find it

Ireland

Radharc Images pint of beamish stout in The Long Hall victorian pub one of the oldest pubs in Dublin republic of Ireland - Image ID: RWMBA2

apple headquarters cork - can't find it

Scotland

Nathaniel Noir  WEST Brewery in the Templeton Building, Glasgow, Scotland - Image ID: M88K8D

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. 16 June, 2020. As shops open in England, Scottish shops and businesses remain closed, Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C22GM3

Tony Smith  The Horse Shoe Bar, Glasgow, Scotland - Image ID: H9PM2T

Kay Roxby Police station sign with blue and white chequered pattern , City Centre Police Office, Glasgow - Image ID: 2A5MW56

James Arnold  An elderly woman sits waiting on a bed. - Image ID: B6JPAE

Chris Jones  North coast 500 route on the north west of Scotland, the single lane A838 winds through the hills, near Rhiconich, Scottish Highlands, UK - Image ID: KG92JC

News

London, UK. 13th July, 2020. Passenger numbers remain down on the tube,  Guy Bell/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C751WP

Paul Brown London, UK. 7th July 2012. The rainbow flag and participants marching in World Pride 2012, London, England - Image ID: CMAXP9

David Noton Photography  a shooting star in the night sky over the Amphitheatre, Bryce Canyon, Utah, USA - Image ID: D9RHER

dpa Matthew Rhys attends the premiere of 'A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood' during the 44th Toronto International Film Festival, tif Image ID: WPDTBA

Edited by Bryan
Updated
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Johnnie5 said:

Your excitement may wain, I am still waiting to get paid from a February 11 usage by the New York Times.  I just get the generic reply from Alamy.

It’s funny you should say that.  I recently emailed Alamy to follow up on some unpaid sales from last year.  I received a reply from Alamy within a couple of days and was paid the outstanding amounts in the next payment run...  Alamy is a good egg!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. 16 June, 2020. As shops open in England, Scottish shops and businesses remain closed, Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C22GM3

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Kay Roxby Police station sign with blue and white chequered pattern , City Centre Police Office, Glasgow - Image ID: 2A5MW56

Thanks Bryan! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Brentwood Essex 25th June 2020 UK phone retailer Carphone Warehouse has closed its 531 standalone stores, including this one in Brentwood, Essex Credit: Ian Davidson/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C4A7MR

Thanks Bryan 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

John Morrison  Packwood House, Warwickshire, England UK - Image ID: E8B60A

Cheers Bryan...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clare Gainey said:

BMYWKK Vincent Lowe  The Rhinog Hills from Aran Benllyn in the Aran mountains

Thanks Clare.

Taken in 2005 and it's the first time it's sold..😀

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Colblimp said:

It’s funny you should say that.  I recently emailed Alamy to follow up on some unpaid sales from last year.  I received a reply from Alamy within a couple of days and was paid the outstanding amounts in the next payment run...  Alamy is a good egg!

I resent my original email after posting and got this reply from Alamy.  I know that Covid has disrupted everything so these things are to be expected.  I figure the New York Times is good for the money and we won't have to send Vinnie and the boys over there and bust some heads.😁

Hi John,

Thanks for the heads up – I’ve passed it on to the account handler here for the NYT to make sure it get’s invoiced correctly.

Best

James

Alamy Contributor Relations

• Upvote 1

EL PAIS - EL VIAJERO 16/07/2020 (online)
https://elviajero.elpais.com/elviajero/2020/07/07/album/1594139242_845999.html

Cro Magnon Portugal, Minho: Spectacular view to the estuary of river Lima from sanctuary Santa Luzia in Viana do Castelo - Image ID: GDJ4P1
Paul Street Neo-classical Palace,part of a wine estate though not on this property,making Vino Verdi wines,Moncao,Northern Portugal - Image ID: DDW9G8
Prisma by Dukas Presseagentur GmbH Portugal, Europe, Braganza, castle, walls, Santa Maria, church - Image ID: C3YWPH
Mauricio Abreu Varge. Parque Natural de Montesinho, Trás-os-Montes. Portugal - Image ID: PN0XC6
Mauricio Abreu A misty dawn in Miranda do Douro. Trás-os-Montes, Portugal - Image ID: KC9B6R
Mauricio Abreu The Douro river at Barca d' Alva, Alto Douro. Portugal - Image ID: MAP1MM
Cro Magnon Portugal, Alentejo: Wide angle view of the historic palace Paco dos Duques in Vila Vicosa - Image ID: HEX52F
Witold Skrypczak Aqueduto da Amoreira, Amoreira Aqueduct, 16th century, in Elvas, Alto Alentejo, Portugal - Image ID: WAGWCT
Cro Magnon Portugal, Alentejo: Woman with bike in front of old windmill in Serpa - Image ID: BD79C9
Lewis Oliver Praca do Marques de Pombal, Vila Real de Santo Antonio, The Algarve, Portugal - Image ID: J9NC71

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

Cheers Iain, Kay, Ian and John !

Times online 17th

World

Rafsan Halim  The Nut at Stanley, Tasmania on a summer day - Image ID: E8NFE2

eFesenko JEREZ, SPAIN - SEPTEMBER 20, 2019: Enjoy the scenic green Alcazar park, located between the medieval fortress and historical Bodegas Gonzalez Byass wi - Image ID: 2AW47AM

José Antonio Moreno Jerez de la frontera, Monument to Manuel María González Ã. ngel (founder of González Byass wineries), Cathedral in background, Cadiz Province, - Image ID: HMDC8R

Luis Dafos  Madrid, Spain : Landmark Tio Pepe Sherry sign at Puerta del Sol square. - Image ID: M95WNT

Jerónimo Alba  Bodegas Tradicion Jerez de la Frontera Cádiz Andalucia España wine cellar andalusia spain - Image ID: BXYPMF

Kiko Jimenez  Wineries Tio Pepe, Jerez de Frontera, Andalusia, Spain. - Image ID: DW51TN

Times2

Steve Allen Travel Photography  Vicuna in Patagonia in southern Chile. The vicuna is a wild relative of the llama, inhabiting mountainous regions of South America. - Image ID: KDXBE1

Bricks and Mortar

David Burton purple bricks on-line estate agents sign, norfolk, england - Image ID: JJ9FYP

eye35.pix Newcastle upon Tyne skyline gateshead Tyne bridge over River Tyne Tyne and Wear Tyneside England UK GB Europe - Image ID: DXHJTR

Business

EDimages  Cheque from NS&I (National Savings and Investments) for win on the Premium Bonds - Image ID: CXA9NK

Justin Kase zsixz Pizza Express pizza restaurant with people eating out dining outdoors in St Christophers Place off Oxford Street alfresco dining London West End UK - Image ID: EYP10W

GENG/ALAMY Carbon fibre manufacture Lianyungang - can't find it

Robert Evans   Allen & Overy LLP - Offices of Top Law firm Allen and Overy LLP at One Bishop's Square in London's Spitalfields Market Development - Image ID: J8HBWE

Kevin Britland  for sale signs on houses in a north of england, town. - Image ID: KC1D83

W. Korall  European Court of Justice, Boulevard Konrad Adenauer street, Kirchberg district, city of Luxembourg, Europe - Image ID: C03HJ2

(200508) -- NEW YORK, May 8, 2020 (Xinhua) -- A worker wearing a face mask walks past the New York State Department of Labor office in the Brooklyn borough of New York, the United States, Xinhua/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2BMCW47

Scotland

Kay Roxby  Aberdeen University, Scotland, UK - Image ID: RHPHB4

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. 2 July, 2020. Hong Kong students from the Democracy for Hong Kong in Scotland group stage a protest outside the Scottish Parliament building at Holyrood today.  Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C5DEYN

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. 25th April, 2014. The Memorial Service at the Assemble on the Mound for Margo McDonald. Pictured Margo's husband Jim Sillars. Credit: Steven Scott Taylor/Alamy Live News - Image ID: DYTYJK

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. 14th Jul 2020. Despite pubs being allowed to open from tomorrow a Brewhemia has announced that they will not be opening as it will be unlikely to be financially feasible due to the lack of customer footfall. Credit: Craig Brown/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C748NA

drew farrell  Glasgow Cross Merchant City sign. Merchant City Area, Glasgow. - Image ID: CWTE6C

AF archive  MAURICE ROEVES BEAUTIFUL CREATURES (2000) - Image ID: BPH69M

kpa Publicity Stills THE DARK UK 2005 John Fawcett Daffyd (MAURICE ROEVES) Regie: John Fawcett - Image ID: GHB9DH

News

London, UK. 23rd April 2019. Lloyd Russell-Moyle, Labour MP for Brighton Kemptown, addresses climate change activists from Extinction Rebellion  Mark Kerrison/Alamy Live News - Image ID: T5CTHH

INTERFOTO prehistory, people/prehistoric men, settlement in the neolithic, young stone age, after painting by Arthur Kampf, lithograph, 70 x 92 cm, F. E. Wachsmuth, Leipzig, circa 1900, A: GD262F

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

*You’re welcome   Vincent

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/jul/17/10-of-the-best-long-distance-walks-trails-in-italy
2C50NJ1  Alberto Fava  biker couple admires the spectacular panorama of the Piano Grande in the Sibillini mountains.
2BR2K31  Maurizio Distefano  View of Saint Scholastica medieval monastery surrounded, by trees in Subiaco.
KXW3F0  Julian Eales  The Palazzo dei Notai and people sitting al fresco at tables outside a restaurant in the Piazza Maggiore Bologna
W7P0C8. Nature Picture Library/Alex Hyde Hiker in Vallone di Valelle, Gran Paradiso National Park, Aosta Valley
B2Y2KX  Marka  oropa sanctuary, piedmont, italy
P8N46E  Matjaz Corel Mother and son hiking near the Wackerer lake
2BDCR8T Marco Lissoni Village of monte Lussari with Julian alps in background.
HFFGNH  ChiccoDodiFC  typical dish called FRICO Of the Italian region of Friuli
P2E4W3  Alessandro Lucca Panoramic view of Prizzi, a typical village located in the middle of the Sicily
EP881G Stuart Forster Freshly baked bread in Altamura

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. 2 July, 2020. Hong Kong students from the Democracy for Hong Kong in Scotland group stage a protest outside the Scottish Parliament building at Holyrood today.  Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C5DEYN

👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Times online 17th

Kay Roxby  Aberdeen University, Scotland, UK - Image ID: RHPHB4

Thanks Bryan :)

• Like 1

17/07/2020, Guardian [Journal section], p3, blurred person next to a PET scanner, C40C5T, Sergio Azenha
17/07/2020, Guardian [Journal section], p7, Bob Dylan, Michael McClure & Allen Ginsberg, WB9MWE, Dale Smith
17/07/2020, Guardian G2, p4, DaBaby, 2ATD6WP, Imagespace [Cutout. Alamy credit only]

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

End of the line for BA's 747:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/12147755/british-airways-boeing-747-planes-scrapped/

James Hancock A British Airways Boeing 747 lands at London Heathrow Airport - Image ID: JEXNJ4

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8531777/End-BA-jumbo-jets-British-Airways-scraps-ENTIRE-FLEET-iconic-747-planes.html

Jozsef Soos LONDON / UNITED KINGDOM - JULY 14, 2018: British Airways Boeing 747-400 G-CIVU passenger plane landing at London Heathrow Airport - Image ID: W5E567

Edited by Avpics
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

The Guardian online 17th July

Malcolm Park  British Airways retires iconic Boeing 747 fleet - in pictures. Flypast by the RAF Red Arrows aerobatic display team in formation with a BOAC liveried Boeing 747 at The Royal International Air Tattoo, Fairford, UK - Image ID: W4BM7N

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1