How do the tags work?

BuddyL

Question

Just wondering when an interested party searches for an image how does the Alamy search engine prioritise those images?

Does it search in this order... 

`Supertag`

`Tag`

`Caption`

Or does it search initially with the caption because that is what you see when the results come up?

Many thanks

4 answers to this question

My tests indicate that the caption carries the most weight with the super tags coming second. If you put something in the caption and also make it a supertag it will give you the best chance of coming up high in a search.

Paulette

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NYCat said:

My tests indicate that the caption carries the most weight with the super tags coming second. If you put something in the caption and also make it a supertag it will give you the best chance of coming up high in a search.

Paulette

+1

15 hours ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

I've noticed this too. I've taken to putting as many relevant terms in the caption as I can a lot of the time, it can look somewhat messy but at the end of the day the caption is serving more as a search tool, with the image content telling the story.