Jump to content

Recommended Posts

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/GKNBXP/amsterdam-municipal-theater-dutch-stadsschouwburg-interior-with-people-GKNBXP.jpg

Amsterdam Municipal Theater (Dutch: Stadsschouwburg). Waiting for Philip Glass.

Germany travel brochure. Low medium $$ or higher low $$ ūü§Ē. Distributor.

RX100 Mk2 ultra wide angle: a quick couple of images stitched together.

 

wim

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of two low value distributor sales that dropped in today. This one lowish $$. There is a sad story behind this image. This poor bird was visiting our feeding station each day and we could see very early on that it had beak & feather disease, so we needed to catch it and have it humanely put to sleep. It was still flying, but was obviously quite unwell and getting weaker each day. The disease is very contagious and we feared for other local parrots. Hubby put some timber from the feeder into a tree, so the bird could roost at night as we were worried about neighbourhood cats. Each day, morning and late afternoon, I would take out food, and call the bird. It soon came for food when I called, and I fed it on the feeder for nearly 2 weeks, trying to work out how to catch it. Meanwhile, it got sicker and lost more feathers. Once it was reasonably tame, I moved the food onto the ground and once it fluttered down, it was not able to fly, so we caught it and took it to the vet. 

Country: Poland
Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 May 2020
End: 01 May 2025

 

little-corella-cacatua-sanguinea-with-an-advanced-case-of-psittacine-beak-and-feather-disease-pbfd-or-avian-circovirus-showing-the-feather-loss-MEMC58.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

a-union-labor-rallyprotest-outside-charter-spectrum-in-new-york-city-december-5-2018-R6NX6Y.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial presentation, single design
Industry sector: Non Profit - other

low $$

 

Union workers rally outside a Spectrum/Charter office in Manhattan in support of striking IBEW local 3 union members in 2018. The event was attended by the governor and other elected officials. I was standing on something to try and photograph the scene, but had a hard time due to nypd s***heads.

 

The image was also used by the ny times--to highlight divisions between trade unions and service industry unions--they never acknowledged the sale (high $$); waiting on alamy to correct.

Edited by sooth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sooth said:

a-union-labor-rallyprotest-outside-charter-spectrum-in-new-york-city-december-5-2018-R6NX6Y.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial presentation, single design
Industry sector: Non Profit - other

low $$

 

Union workers rally outside a Spectrum/Charter office in Manhattan in support of striking IBEW local 3 union members in 2018. The event was attended by the governor and other elected officials. I was standing on something to try and photograph the scene, but had a hard time due to nypd s***heads.

 

The image was also used by the ny times--to highlight divisions between trade unions and service industry unions--they never acknowledged the sale (high $$); waiting on alamy to correct.

 

To gain height in a crowd I use a Velbon Ultra Stick Super 8 Monopod with remote shutter release, collapses to 10.2" and extends to 61.5". It easily elevates a D750 with 24-70 2.8.  I've also used this setup to look down on to a confrontation/scuffle at a fracking protest when I couldn't get close enough, very useful. Small folding steps are useful if shooting with a long lens, but are unstable in a crowd, and you don't want to carry with you just in case. Congratulation on the image use.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks!  I once had a monopod, but lost it.   I used to do (non professional) video where i had a camcorder mounted on a monopod for years and it is amazing for use in protests (when you have to reach in over the heads of police with batons and stuff), and festivals.  Lost the monopod at a HONK! brass band festival in

Somerville boston one year on a bus trying to get home... :(  never tried using the monopod with a dslr because I didn't have a proper way of framing anything and no remote shutter release. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sharon said:

Gorgeous colours!!.. good to see florals selling!

 

Thanks Sharon!  Yes it's nice to see the occasional flower image selling, especially since I love taking photos of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Licensed low $$

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Utilizzo in presentazione/conferenza (ad es. Powerpoint e Keynote) o in una newsletter.
Start: 16 June 2020
End: 16 June 2025

three-touring-cyclists-riding-their-bicycles-on-a-country-road-in-JH3HJH.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/GKNBXP/amsterdam-municipal-theater-dutch-stadsschouwburg-interior-with-people-GKNBXP.jpg

Amsterdam Municipal Theater (Dutch: Stadsschouwburg). Waiting for Philip Glass.

 

 

 

 

How was the performance Wim ?

I'd love to be at a Philip Glass concert. Mad Rush..... amazing and beautiful piece of music !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It was his 80th birthday tour. His actual birthday was still a way off, but no one cared. This is the middle of summer: look at the clothes. His birthday is 31 of January I think.

The performance was a little concert by Lavinia Meijer on harp. The rest was talk. Still good though.

Lavinia here.

This is from that performance I think. There's more.

 

wim

 

edit: if you like that sort of thing: 1 (my previous favorite); 2 (my current favorite); wiki

Edited by wiskerke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the link Wim.

 

I have stumbled upon the first Lavinia link before.

 

Have you come across this ? Philip Glass performing in Montreal.

 

If only my photography could reach the heights of his music !

 

Phil

 

Edited by AlbertSnapper
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Country: Germany
Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Full area
Start: 01 May 2020
End: 01 May 2021
Low- mid $$, distro.
 
neumagen-wine-ship-sculpture-neumagener-weinschiff-landesmuseum-state-F5GJ9W.jpg
Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

camera-trap-or-trail-cam-set-up-on-a-hed

This one dropped in this morning 

Country: Germany ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Television (editorial) ;  Print run: up to 1 transmission ;  Placement: Use within body of show ;  Start: 01-May-2020 ; End: 01-May-2021 ; 
  Additional Details: Germany, Television (editorial),
The royalties breakdown seemed a bit odd to me though RM exclusive $67.02, deductions $46.92, net due $20.10? I’m guessing that means it’s through a distributor. Oh well a sales a sale :) 

Edit- Not quite sure why there’s no Alamy watermark showing?

Re-edit - Watermark should be there now

Edited by Bionic
Technical query
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playa Sirena Cayo Largo Del Sur, Cuba.   Low $$, but 3rd sale this month

playa-sirena-beach-tourist-resort-and-pa

 

Very casual Rx100 in-camera stitch, so yau over and over for that little camera

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cbimages said:

One of two low value distributor sales that dropped in today. This one lowish $$. There is a sad story behind this image. This poor bird was visiting our feeding station each day and we could see very early on that it had beak & feather disease, so we needed to catch it and have it humanely put to sleep. It was still flying, but was obviously quite unwell and getting weaker each day. The disease is very contagious and we feared for other local parrots. Hubby put some timber from the feeder into a tree, so the bird could roost at night as we were worried about neighbourhood cats. Each day, morning and late afternoon, I would take out food, and call the bird. It soon came for food when I called, and I fed it on the feeder for nearly 2 weeks, trying to work out how to catch it. Meanwhile, it got sicker and lost more feathers. Once it was reasonably tame, I moved the food onto the ground and once it fluttered down, it was not able to fly, so we caught it and took it to the vet. 

Country: Poland
Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 May 2020
End: 01 May 2025

 

little-corella-cacatua-sanguinea-with-an-advanced-case-of-psittacine-beak-and-feather-disease-pbfd-or-avian-circovirus-showing-the-feather-loss-MEMC58.jpg

Poor thing. :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

fishermen-mosaic-from-the-villa-the-nile-mosaic-near-lepcis-magna-DMK5GA.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Marketing package - Small business, Nutzung in Marketingmaterialen, weltweit f√ľnf Jahre (Werbung/Anzeigen ausgeschlossen). Dieses Paket ist speziell f√ľr Marketingkampagnen zur Unterst√ľtzung von Unternehmen mit weniger als zehn Angestellten.
Start: 17 June 2020
End: 17 June 2025

 

Mid $$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy hell! I'm suddenly tempted to go exclusive on Alamy again!

 

Just had three sales pop in for Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only for low $$$ each!

 

When I think of the time spent managing images across agencies... a few occasional like this would make staying here only worthwhile? 

 

I have already stopped submitting to SS though - thieving buggers

 

Cope's Vine Snake (Oxybelis brevirostris) in Costa Rica Stock Photo

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two dropped in today for low to mid $$$.  Here's one which hasn't sold before

dunmanway-west-cork-ireland-23rd-mar-2020-dunmanway-community-hospital-is-currently-operating-an-emergency-coronavirus-test-centre-a-mother-puts-a-protective-mask-onto-a-young-boy-before-he-enters-the-covid-19-test-centre-as-two-hospital-workers-look-on-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-2B91X0T.jpg

 

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 24 March 2020
End: 25 March 2020
One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement, any size.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'The Warriors Tomb'. Viking hogback tombstone. Church of Saint Mary. Gosforth. Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England.

 the-warriors-tomb-viking-hogback-tombstone-church-of-saint-mary-gosforth-CR9N2D.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Magazine or book, Editorial use in a single magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide.
Start: 18 June 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

st-marys-church-facade-beverley-yorkshire-and-the-humber-england-G11149.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 19 June 2020
End: 19 June 2025

 

Mid-low $$

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2020 at 22:08, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/GKNBXP/amsterdam-municipal-theater-dutch-stadsschouwburg-interior-with-people-GKNBXP.jpg

Amsterdam Municipal Theater (Dutch: Stadsschouwburg). Waiting for Philip Glass.

Germany travel brochure. Low medium $$ or higher low $$ ūü§Ē. Distributor.

RX100 Mk2 ultra wide angle: a quick couple of images stitched together.

 

wim

 

Well that's a well-shot picture. All those shapes and a good moment too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/06/2020 at 09:38, spacecadet said:
Country: Germany
Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Full area
Start: 01 May 2020
End: 01 May 2021
Low- mid $$, distro.
 
neumagen-wine-ship-sculpture-neumagener-weinschiff-landesmuseum-state-F5GJ9W.jpg

 

This again! I remember asking you about it before. Pleased it's a popular item which keeps selling.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2020 at 09:24, Abiyoyo said:

 

fishermen-mosaic-from-the-villa-the-nile-mosaic-near-lepcis-magna-DMK5GA.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Marketing package - Small business, Nutzung in Marketingmaterialen, weltweit f√ľnf Jahre (Werbung/Anzeigen ausgeschlossen). Dieses Paket ist speziell f√ľr Marketingkampagnen zur Unterst√ľtzung von Unternehmen mit weniger als zehn Angestellten.
Start: 17 June 2020
End: 17 June 2025

 

Mid $$

 

What is the mosaic about? Is it Roman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2020 at 12:30, Avpics said:

Pennyweb use. Can't complain though. So far this month is continuing to deliver.

 

weapons-from-raf-typhoon-jet-fighter-on-display-at-royal-international-air-tattoo-airshow-raf-fairford-cotswolds-uk-storm-shadow-scalp-asraam-W4E7JF.jpg

 

 

Farnborough? If so, these are the pictures from there I sell most of. Of all the running around I do elsewhere, I ought to just stand by the bloody missiles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just down the road. Quite fancy for a pumping station.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years ; 

Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ; 

Start: 19-June-2020 ; End: 19-June-2025

low mid $$, direct

coppermill-tower-1864-italianate-architectural-style-walthamstow-wetlands-project-london-england-MMAPJY.jpg
Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.