May Challenge Vote

losdemas

May Challenge Vote  

51 members have voted

1. 1. These are the final (gr)eight images! Please choose your favo(u)rite:

• Sign for the Claire Morissette cycle path on Maisonneuve street in downtown Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Image ID: MHT0EN / CBW
    • School crossing sign in Fukuoka, Japan. - Image ID: 2A02T37 / Regis Martin
    • Notting Hill Carnival, Children's Day, friendly policeman - Image ID: C9B946 / carnivalpix
    • Samaritans poster 'a Samaritan helped me take control of my life' at a level crossing footpath on the East Coast Main Line railway. - Image ID: T9E2Y4 / Alan Keith Beastall
    • Great spotted woodpecker (Dendrocopos major), a woodland bird, during May, UK, perched on a public footpath sign - Image ID: TAH5D4 / Gillian Pullinger
    • Brexit plan scribble sign - Image ID: T149EE / PAL Media
    • A portrait of a young boy against autumn leaves. - Image ID: R1FDFY / Matthew Ashmore
    • Airbourne (singer and lead guitar Joel O'Keeffe) performing live at Musilac summer festival in Aix les Bains, France. 13th July, 2017 - Image ID: JJDK6N / Olivier Parent

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/20 at 00:00

That was far more difficult than I had imagined. I went backwards and forwards for a while adding then removing, removing then adding. A few photos which had definitely made the final cut were then removed at the last moment. Getting this down to a final eight has, in fact been useful for me in editing my own images: it is easier now to see what stands out in a large selection. Apologies for all the fantastic photos I had to leave out of the final eight.

Anyhow, enough of my rambling: down to the nitty-gritty. Of the tremendous quality & variety that were submitted (thank you all), these are the final eight. Please choose from:

MHT0EN - Sign for the Claire Morissette cycle path by CBW

Sign for the Claire Morissette cycle path on Maisonneuve street in downtown Montreal, Quebec, Canada Stock Photo

2A02T37 - School crossing sign in Fukuoka, Japan by Regis Martin

School crossing sign in Fukuoka, Japan. Stock Photo

C9B946 - Notting Hill Carnival, Children's Day, friendly policeman by carnivalpix

Notting Hill Carnival, Children's Day, friendly policeman Stock Photo

T9E2Y4 - Samaritans poster by Alan Keith Beastall

Samaritans poster 'a Samaritan helped me take control of my life' at a level crossing footpath on the East Coast Main Line railway. Stock Photo

TAH5D4 - Great spotted woodpecker (Dendrocopos major), a woodland bird, during May, UK, perched on a public footpath sign by Gillian Pullinger

Great spotted woodpecker (Dendrocopos major), a woodland bird, during May, UK, perched on a public footpath sign Stock Photo

T149EE - Brexit plan scribble sign by PAL Media

London, UK. 23 Mar, 2019. People’s Vote March: Hundreds of thousands of pro-EU supporters attend a mass march to Westminster. People are expected to join the march from Park Lane to Parliament Square beginning at noon with speeches commencing at 2.45pm from all political party’s. Brexit plan scribble sign. ©Paul Lawrenson 2019, Photo Credit: Paul Lawrenson/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

R1FDFY - A portrait of a young boy against autumn leaves by Matthew Ashmore

A portrait of a young boy against autumn leaves. Stock Photo

JJDK6N - Airbourne (singer and lead guitar Joel O'Keeffe) performing live at Musilac summer festival in Aix les Bains, France by Olivier Parent

Airbourne (singer and lead guitar Joel O'Keeffe) performing live at Musilac summer festival in Aix les Bains, France. Stock Photo

Good Luck Everyone!

Edited by losdemas
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Hi losdemas

Thank you for including one of my photographs.

When I saw all the great photos entered in the challenge this month, I thought that I didn't stand a chance.

This makes my day.

😃

have a good day,

Regis

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Olivier Parent said:

Thanks for including my \m/ sign.

And as a regular participator in mosh pits since the early eighties, its a very evocative image for me and my clear winner. Another great photo from you, Olivier.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Olivier Parent said:

Thank you very much Colin!

I have also been quite an active participator for the las 30 years, which has earned me a few cracked ribs over time…

If wisdom really came with age, I would probably already have understood that I am now too old for these games.

If its too loud you are too old. My last pit was Machine Head in February, where there was some marked effervescence. I got pitched onto the floor and banged my knee up royally. Never had cracked ribs though. I did get knocked over at Anthrax when I took a direct hit in the chest from a stage diver. I saw stars for a bit there. My last busted pair of glasses was Grimskunk back in December. If you don't know Grimskunk and you like you music with a bit of punch they are well worth checking out. Their last two records are superb, Set Fire! and Unreason in the Age of Madness. If you want two songs to try quickly then Set Fire! itself and the blazing opener Lets Start a War from Unreason, which is rage incarnate.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Olivier Parent said:

Lemmy and the likes took great care of that a long time ago

I saw Motorhead 28 times between 1982 and 2010, and their volume was terrifying, especially in the 80s. You know its loud when you can see your own clothes moving to the bass.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

I saw Motorhead 28 times between 1982 and 2010, and their volume was terrifying, especially in the 80s. You know its loud when you can see your own clothes moving to the bass.

How's your tinnitus doing?

Good to see that after only one day, every photo has received at least one vote: confirmation of all your talents!  As Doc says, it's v tight at the moment, with a three-way tie for the lead.  Keep voting!

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

We can have a two day runoff vote where only the ones that tied are in the running.

OK, Michael, thanks. If that is the consensus and/or previously adopted method, we'll go with that. But then, we won't have to, will we? I feel the last-minute flood of votes coming in now! 😉🙂

1 minute ago, losdemas said:

OK, Michael, thanks. If that is the consensus and/or previously adopted method, we'll go with that. But then, we won't have to, will we? I feel the last-minute flood of votes coming in now! 😉🙂

I think we have done this once before.