Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
geogphotos

Stampede

Recommended Posts

I have a small pile of images probably early 1980s, one of them has 'Stampede' written on the slide mount.

 

The only Stampede I have heard of is at Calgary but there may be others. 

 

I0000qLktTXxJ4sI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea about the stampede, but do you have any isopropyl alcohol? On a Q-tip it would probably get rid of some of that muck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

No idea about the stampede, but do you have any isopropyl alcohol? On a Q-tip it would probably get rid of some of that muck.

 

 

Yes, I have PEC-12. 

 

24 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

No idea about the stampede, but do you have any isopropyl alcohol? On a Q-tip it would probably get rid of some of that muck.

 

I0000byjhqMF9gwo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expert here.

That is definitely The Calgary Exhibition and Stampede (full name) with Scotsman's Hill in the background.

It's difficult to tell the date but it could also be the 1970s judging by the houses 

The other one is the Stampede Grandstand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rico said:

Expert here.

That is definitely The Calgary Exhibition and Stampede (full name) with Scotsman's Hill in the background.

It's difficult to tell the date but it could also be the 1970s judging by the houses 

The other one is the Stampede Grandstand

 

Thanks Rico. I thought that it must be Calgary.

 

It is either late 1970s or early 1980s.

 

And that picture at the top shows 'chuckwagon race' doesn't it?

Edited by geogphotos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

 

Thanks Rico. I thought that it must be Calgary.

 

It is either late 1970s or early 1980s.

You're welcome. Those photos brought back memories of a simpler time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

 

Thanks Rico. I thought that it must be Calgary.

 

It is either late 1970s or early 1980s.

 

And that picture at the top shows 'chuckwagon race' doesn't it?

Whoops, forgot about the chuckwagon race. Yes it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rico said:

You're welcome. Those photos brought back memories of a simpler time

 

They are here if you want a bit more nostalgia.

 

https://www.geographyphotos.com/portfolio/C0000S3ijXnOmzNA/G0000S9FpSu8CCGY

 

Thanks for your help

Edited by geogphotos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.