Jump to content

Recommended Posts

it's a sunny day in Montreal,  spring seems to have gone in full swing,  i am going for a long walk see walk to area looks like 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Anyone doing this crap in my posts from this day forward will be reported to Alamy, and if I have to, I will ask Alamy to lockdown the thread. 

 

Ah... the day of judgement has arrived...

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good thing about Facebook is the community pages. My village community page is very active and people are offering help, asking for help, giving away spare garden plants, books, toys, etc. I’ve just picked up a very healthy courgette plant to replace the one we lost to frost last week!

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well said Edo. I'm right behind you. Some people spoil it for others.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, James.

 

I hope you and the rest of the team in Oxfordshire are staying safe and well. 

 

Edo

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, James

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put a limit to how many posts they have a day that will stop all the "having the last word BS" and they might start and spend more time taking and getting images uploaded and keyworded. Some of these names are taking over the board and not for the better!!!!

 

Shergar

Not an every  5min poster

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree with Ed's post.  Well said.  :)

 

I run three forums and I'm very strict with Sniping/Trolling etc.  With me it's one strike and they're out - no messing.  That might sound like 'Big Brother', but they are my forums and the rules are clear when people join.  The perps know when they are out of line so are not surprised when they are no longer a member.  A recurring comment that appears in the posts is how pleasant and friendly my forums are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2020 at 05:05, Alamy said:

 

Well said! We've got limited time to moderate the forum during the current world situation so the benefits of the forum rely on the content being fed into it by you all. 

 

Thanks to all of you who continue to use the forum for it's intended purpose. It can only take a small % of unsuitable posts to bring the level down significantly so please just report anything that needs reporting and please don't engage with any controversial comments.

 

Cheers all

 

James A

 

thank you.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Put a limit to how many posts they have a day that will stop all the "having the last word BS" and they might start and spend more time taking and getting images uploaded and keyworded. Some of these names are taking over the board and not for the better!!!!

 

Shergar

Not an every  5min poster

not sure penalising everyone for a few that can't keep the place civilised is a correct way.  Get rid of the Trolls.  I would hate the helpful posters being stopped from bringing valuable information because their quota of posts for the day has been met.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

not sure penalising everyone for a few that can't keep the place civilised is a correct way.  Get rid of the Trolls.  I would hate the helpful posters being stopped from bringing valuable information because their quota of posts for the day has been met.

Why not? it will keep them on topic, question will be well thought out and answered completely in a single post or 2. if you look at some of theses guys they post to tell some with a question that they don't know the answer. I don't need to hear what they had for dinner and how many hours a night the cat sleeps. Give them 5 posts a day then shut them up.

 

Cheers and gone 

 

Shergar

 

not wanting to hang around here all day!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Why not? it will keep them on topic, question will be well thought out and answered completely in a single post or 2. if you look at some of theses guys they post to tell some with a question that they don't know the answer. I don't need to hear what they had for dinner and how many hours a night the cat sleeps. Give them 5 posts a day then shut them up.

 

Cheers and gone 

 

Shergar

 

not wanting to hang around here all day!!!!

but you don't have to read them.  I find guys like @Ed Rooney fascinating, and many of his experience have helped me be a better punctual photographer.... 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

but you don't have to read them.  I find guys like @Ed Rooney fascinating, and many of his experience have helped me be a better punctual photographer.... 

Apparently someone pissed Ed Rooney off that's why he started this post. Can you tell me what it was that pissed him off? I guess it's buried somewhere in a load of rubbish that no one can find and no one wants to spend hours looking for it. You're right I don't need to read theses posts because I don't want to plow through the rubbish . So as I said this board gets taken over by a few names and others that might have a few different ideas don't wan't to play. I bet you the guys that earn the most out of stock don't post here even monthly and perhaps never. 

 

Right Im gone before I become part of the rubbish

 

Take it easy and have a great day

 

Cheers and gone

Shergar

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shergar said:

 

 

Right Im gone before I become part of the rubbish

 

Take it easy and have a great day

 

Cheers and gone

Shergar

 

 

 

I've given you a downvote. Don't appreciate being called rubbish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

luckily I have what you lack. A thick skin. Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Shergar said:

luckily I have what you lack. A thick skin. Lol

 

Good for you. You do seem to be a wonderful person. 

 

Bye bye.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

arnold schwarzenegger i give up GIF by Jerology

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alamy said:

arnold schwarzenegger i give up GIF by Jerology

Glad to see you're maintaining your sense of humour. You're doing a good job!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the back of some of this, we've made a few tweaks. Related to off-topic and arguing etc, we've now got a warning points system.

 

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/13008-forum-mini-update/

 

Hopefully we won't need to use it much and it will help keep things constructive.

 

Cheers

 

James A 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.