Olivier Parent

2020 May Favorite Uploads

All three have sold, that's why they're my fave uploads in May! Street cleaner and piper numerous times, farming pic has only sold once.
bandon-west-cork-ireland-18th-may-2020-bandon-had-its-main-street-deep-cleaned-this-morning-as-part-of-the-return-to-business-phase-of-exiting-the-covid-19-lockdown-soft-clean-group-was-tasked-with-performing-the-task-in-bandon-marcin-urbaniak-an-employee-soft-cleans-the-street-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2BP857N.jpg

caheragh-north-west-cork-ireland-16th-may-2020-silage-baling-took-place-on-the-farm-of-patrick-collins-in-caheragh-north-today-patrick-hired-jonathan-crowley-contractors-of-bantry-to-bale-the-silage-using-a-case-165-tractor-and-a-mchale-fusion-3-plus-balerthe-silage-will-be-used-for-winter-feed-for-dairy-cows-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2BNXENW.jpg

timoleague-west-cork-ireland-15th-may-2020-local-man-michael-heaney-from-timoleague-plays-the-bagpipes-with-timoleague-abbey-in-the-background-mr-heaney-was-filmed-playing-the-pipes-as-part-of-arigideen-rangers-gaa-clubs-fundraising-initiative-the-gaa-club-is-raising-money-for-clonakilty-community-hospital-pieta-house-and-timoleague-parish-church-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2BNJY4B.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Vincom Center, large shopping mall in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

vincom-center-tower-building-largest-sho

Image taken 2nd half of January '20.  Vertical pano stitch of 5 frames.  Later I went in, and it is HUGE inside

• Like 1

I live in a hyper urban area near lots of highways. I can't express the joy I felt at finding a herd of goats grazing here on my daily coronavirus walks. A local non profit organization hires them around to clear out bramble and weeds.

Rented grazing goats hired by the city to graze and remove weeds under the highways on the Bay Bridge Trail. Oakland, California Stock Photo

Rented grazing goats hired by the city to graze and remove weeds under the highways on the Bay Bridge Trail. Oakland, California Stock Photo

• Like 2

An old photo that I just get around to upload.

Taken in Singapore in 2007 with a Nikon D2X.

I really liked that camera at the time.

When I look at it now, it seem so heavy...

man-pulling-a-roller-bin-against-a-big-w

• Like 2

On 27/05/2020 at 06:51, The Blinking Eye said:

I live in a hyper urban area near lots of highways. I can't express the joy I felt at finding a herd of goats grazing here on my daily coronavirus walks. A local non profit organization hires them around to clear out bramble and weeds.

What a great thing to discover in your neighbourhood, and a great way to deal with brambles and weeds! There is something about farm animals that softens the urban landscape. I too recently discovered goats on a local walk, three of them in a makeshift paddock at a school. It's so nice to know they are there.

This is another image I've recently rediscovered and uploaded. It's a paperbark tree arched over the Helena River in the Perth Hills. I like the kind of bluish green of the foliage.

a-paperbark-tree-melaleuca-sp-growing-over-the-helena-river-in-the-perth-hills-western-australia-2BP18EC.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sally R said:

What a great thing to discover in your neighbourhood, and a great way to deal with brambles and weeds! There is something about farm animals that softens the urban landscape. I too recently discovered goats on a local walk, three of them in a makeshift paddock at a school. It's so nice to know they are there.

I had been in isolation for two months and they came right up to me, ate grass from my hand. I visited them three times and stayed and watched and took photos. Their presence was so peaceful, it stuck with me for days afterward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sally R said:

This is another image I've recently rediscovered and uploaded. It's a paperbark tree arched over the Helena River in the Perth Hills. I like the kind of bluish green of the foliage.

a-paperbark-tree-melaleuca-sp-growing-over-the-helena-river-in-the-perth-hills-western-australia-2BP18EC.jpg

That color of green reminds me of something, but I can't remember what. Sort of chalky. Looks like a beautiful place.

On 29/05/2020 at 15:07, The Blinking Eye said:

I had been in isolation for two months and they came right up to me, ate grass from my hand. I visited them three times and stayed and watched and took photos. Their presence was so peaceful, it stuck with me for days afterward.

I know what you mean. I get this affect too from time spent with animals or out in nature. There is something really sustaining and nurturing being around them, and especially nice to come across them as a surprise in a place you would not be expecting them. It's nice just to be in their presence.

• Upvote 1