Colin Woods

April Challenge SOCIAL GATHERING

Good Friday procession from 2017.   This year, the Catholic Church called off all religious gatherings and parades and did services on line or on religious television stations.   My street generally gets all the religious processions which have been more and more common in recent years.

good-friday-religious-procession-2017-J1TCDD.jpg
  • Like 1

On 20/04/2020 at 04:36, TeeCee said:

Morris men killing time as they wait to dance at Sidmouth Folk Week.

Sidmouth, UK. 6th August, 2017.  Musicians and dancers wait to perform on Sidmouth seafront at the town's annual Stock Photo

Guitars On The Beach, Lyme Regis.

Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK. 6th September, 2014. Guitarists from all over the UK got together today for Guitars on the Stock Photo

Impromptu social gathering during a sudden downpour in Sidmouth.

A crowd of people huddle together and shelter from the rain under a shop awning in Sidmouth, Devon. Stock Photo

TeeCee, you just may have the winner here. Great capture. I like the two tall people seeing to the shoulder of the lady standing between them. Bug bite? Bruise from knocking into a door frame? The question just hangs there.

• Upvote 1

Three from Me

May Day - cancelled this year

G0JYH1.jpg

Green Peace & Berliners protest outside US Embassy after President Donald Trump announces withdrawal from the Paris Climate change agreement

J9HBFR.jpg

Berlin Marathon 2015

F30X6G.jpg

On 10/04/2020 at 09:52, Stokie said:

My 3:

Evening or night time view of a wedding party outside in the grounds of the Mena House Hotel, Giza, Cairo, Egypt, North Africa

evening-or-night-time-view-of-a-wedding-party-outside-in-the-grounds-M5CFKJ.jpg

A line of walkers on an organised walk across a field in the countryside

a-line-of-walkers-on-an-organised-walk-across-a-field-in-the-countryside-GH2T0C.jpg

A party of walkers, ramblers or hikers at the Krimml Waterfalls Austria

a-party-of-walkers-ramblers-or-hikers-at-the-krimml-waterfalls-austria-G0XREP.jpg

John.

I would like to substitute the photo below instead of the one above of the Austria walkers.

Masses of tourists watching the sun rise over Angkor Wat, Cambodia, Asia

masses-of-tourists-watching-the-sun-rise-over-angkor-wat-cambodia-asia-2AX8W3H.jpg

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/PCXCX3/amsterdam-netherlands-august-4-2018-hundreds-of-thousands-of-visitors-lined-the-canals-for-the-annual-canal-pride-credit-wiskerkealamy-live-news-PCXCX3.jpg

Amsterdam Canal Pride. PCXCX3

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/GT7CEY/edinburgh-university-graduation-day-family-parents-and-official-photographer-GT7CEY.jpg

Graduation Day in Edinburgh. GT7CEY

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/GW5GE2/edinburgh-royal-mile-edinburgh-high-street-with-fire-performer-and-GW5GE2.jpg

Tourists on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. GW5GE2

wim

• Like 1

Crowds heading into the Rogers Centre for a baseball game. (Man, I miss baseball)

toronto-blue-jays-baseball-fans-head-to-the-rogers-centre-to-watch-F32WY2.jpg

Crowds at the Canadian National Exhibition

people-walking-through-the-midway-at-the-canadian-national-exhibition-F11286.jpg

Kids playing with bumper balls

four-teenage-boys-bump-into-each-other-with-bumper-balls-in-cannington-EWY41X.jpg

17 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

Kids playing with bumper balls

four-teenage-boys-bump-into-each-other-with-bumper-balls-in-cannington-EWY41X.jpg

This must be the new post-corona fashion. A bit on the small side, but that's probably because it's for kids.

😷

wim