Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Yes, I also still have quite a lot of uncleared sales from January onwards. That in itself is not unusual, but in combination with the almost non existent pay out this month, it worries me deeply. I look forward to getting some background on that announced thread. (hopefully)

 

My payment is about average this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've had a few of those duplicate refunds this month... cleared balance is moving very slowly here as well. Still over $200 waiting for payment. Cleared balance did go up $1 the other day, first for a while.

Edited by Duncan_Andison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearing has speeded up considerably now as well as sales. Maybe the end of the tax year was slowing things down?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 08/04/2020 at 22:02, Kathy deWitt said:

Clearing has speeded up considerably now as well as sales. Maybe the end of the tax year was slowing things down?

 

 

 

Both clearings and sales stopped almost completely since many days in my case, instead, which is something really unusual.

 

Edited by stipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stipe said:

 

Both clearings and sales stopped almost completely since many days in my case, instead, which is something really unusual.

 

I was in the same boat until today.  My cleared balance just doubled by what it was for about a month and a sale (first one of the month) just dropped in.  Also, myclicks were sitting at 0 (which is very unusual) but updated as well.

Perhaps things are really delayed and not everyone gets updated at the same time. Hopefully your turn will come soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys still getting new sales?

Both sales and clearings seem to have completely stopped in my case. Looks like I am going to experience the worst month since 6 years at least and I'm afraid the following months will not be that bright either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, stipe said:

Are you guys still getting new sales?

Both sales and clearings seem to have completely stopped in my case. Looks like I am going to experience the worst month since 6 years at least and I'm afraid the following months will not be that bright either.

 

Hi Stefano, my last 2 sales were on 6th April. Or at least that's when Alamy issued the invoice. The sales this month thread still looks quite active. But as we know, a lot of sales are reported a few months after they're actually made. I'd expect to see a general drop in sales that follows on a few weeks from the start of the pandemic. Yeah, it's not looking good. But at least we have time to brush up on photography skills and go back to old photos and sort out the keywording (yay enthusiasm...!)

Steve

 

p.s. another sale came through today. Only $ so not bragging!

Edited by Steve F
another sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've had a couple of sales this month, more refunds though (the duplicate purchase refunds Alamy advised of). Just seems Alamy has stopped chasing money owed. I know some business will be struggling.... just like the photographers who took the photographs for them to use.

 

Edit... Not all agencies are hitting slowdown. There is one I use that returned a near BME last month and this month won't be far off either. I guess it depends on who your client base is etc.

Edited by Duncan_Andison
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder if the $40-odd in late payments on my account will ever be settled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Duncan_Andison said:

Just seems Alamy has stopped chasing money owed. I know some business will be struggling.... just like the photographers who took the photographs for them to use.

 

If Alamy stopped chasing money owed how does it think to survive financially in the future? 🙄

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been stuck with only $14 cleared, for two weeks.  Would hate to not get a payout this May 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'd made progress in the last week or so. An additional $50 cleared ($200+ still waiting) .... yay.

 

Today, $31 disappeared from cleared funds, no additional refunds listed etc, just disappeared 😡

 

If the other agencies paid as fast as this I'd be out of business by now... thankfully they only represent <3%.. but, $200 would still be useful given the current climate. Yes I know this is how they roll but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. There is no way I could get away with this when paying other people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Duncan_Andison said:

 

 

Today, $31 disappeared from cleared funds, no additional refunds listed etc, just disappeared 😡

 

 

 

I've had the same happen today, $22 disappeared from my cleared balance. I've checked and noticed that two sales from 06/02/20 that had cleared last week are now showing as uncleared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kat said:

two sales from 06/02/20 that had cleared last week are now showing as uncleared.

Same here, I think. The cleared figure dropped this morning, by about that amount. Some other dates too. However yesterday it had gone up by an unaccountable $10 or so. Grr. With no sales in April I could have used it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Sorry for the confusion on this latest batch of cleared then uncleared sales - it looks like a distributor miss-allocated some payments which has caused this. Those sales will clear again but we can't give a date at the moment for when exactly.

 

Best

 

Alamy

  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alamy said:

Hi All,

 

Sorry for the confusion on this latest batch of cleared then uncleared sales - it looks like a distributor miss-allocated some payments which has caused this. Those sales will clear again but we can't give a date at the moment for when exactly.

 

Best

 

Alamy

Fair enough. I suppose🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this must have been a massive distributor for so many of us to have been affected.  i've been trying to figure out for an 15 minutes where my drop was coming from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi All,

 

Sorry for the confusion on this latest batch of cleared then uncleared sales - it looks like a distributor miss-allocated some payments which has caused this. Those sales will clear again but we can't give a date at the moment for when exactly.

 

Best

 

Alamy

 

 

thanks, however i just reviewed my sales, and i can't find a sale from a distributor that matches the drop that now would show as uncleared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had $47 cleared yesterday and its at $36 today. I was thinking I might not get a payout next month, almost certainly not now.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I experienced this too, a drop of around $23. However my payment next month is huge so I’m not complaining.

Edited by Sally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My cleared balance has changed too from $203 to $91.  At least it is still cleared for payment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mines gone back up to $42, so I might get a payment next month.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/04/2020 at 10:09, Stokie said:

Mines gone back up to $42, so I might get a payment next month.

 

John.

 

Sadly, not here. I remain at the two steps forward, one back position. Past payout etc but still a large amount waiting to be paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duncan_Andison said:

 

Sadly, not here. I remain at the two steps forward, one back position. Past payout etc but still a large amount waiting to be paid.

 

Luckily mines gone up to $80 cleared today.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.