Licensed in perpetuity for a miserly $

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 29 April 2020
End: 29 April 2025
Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

Surfers standing on the beach holding their surfboards at Tallow Beach, Byron Bay, NSW, Australia.

surfers-standing-on-the-beach-holding-their-surfboards-at-tallow-beach-JRC5AD.jpg

15 minutes ago, domf said:

Interesting because my last 3 sales have all been $3 as well.

Yeah same licence use for me $ 3.00 For Travel & Tourism website.....in Perpetuity!.....I reckon they got a super deal there....bargain basement...Ahhh well i'm $1.50 richer...I flew from Melbourne to Hobart for that one....Maybe just maybe the other pics i took on that trip will one day do better..

Image # W33EPP  ( I need to learn how to post image )

Taiwanese woman on busy Taipei street wearing face mask to protect herself against the covid-19 coronavirus epidemic.

Another one of those $3 sales...

Editorial website
Duration: up to 5 years
Additional Details: Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

2B0B1T8.jpg

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Lovely shot. You must have been a long, long way from city lights.

Thank you John. Surprisingly, it was taken just outside a small coastal town, in a disused quarry. Its sunken location probably shielded me from the light pollution a bit.

Woohoo!!

My first "Live News" sale -  for $$$

Sale has been reported as 

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1 page

which I'm guessing is this use in the Sunday Express - https://www.pressreader.com/uk/sunday-express-1070/20200209/282557315204633/textview

plymouth-uk-8th-feb-2020-the-waterfront-

I've also found 2 images from the same set used in the Metro - but not reported as a sale yet - https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/08/hundreds-flights-cancelled-storm-ciara-barges-towards-uk-80mph-12206887/

I, like many others, was affected when the option to submit to Live News was taken away. Bit disappointed.... and I continued to submit any "news/event" photographs as Reportage

There was an event in Plymouth that I had photographed and submitted as news in previous years which I intended to goto, and they suddenly announced on their Facebook page that "No professional cameras were allowed at the event without accreditation" (Yes, I know bad choice of words - and they got lots of stick on Facebook) - Anyway, I applied for accreditation and was approved to attend the press preview night!.

I then contacted the Live News team, explained that I already had accreditation, and would I be able to submit via the Live News feed - They kindly gave me temporary access, and I submitted images. As agreed the upload option was removed after the event. A couple of days later I contacted the Live News Team and asked them if they had any feedback from the images that I had submitted.... They replied saying that Live News was now enabled on my account and to ensure that any images were submitted following the News guidelines!

So - You can get back into Live News.... but, like everything.... you have to work at it!

Regards

Julian

• Love 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jools Devon said:

So - You can get back into Live News.... but, like everything.... you have to work at it!

That's very good news (forgive the pun 😉).  Very pleased for you. I must confess that I'm ever one for cutting my own nose off to spite my face: some good news ops have passed my way in the past couple of months (but not so good as to warrant contacting desks directly?) and I've just thought, 'bugger it, what's the point?'.  Your experience is a very positive one, which perhaps I should learn from.

Hope to see you enhancing the news feed over the next few (difficult) months. V. well done and thanks for posting. :)

• Love 1

Small sale today like some of the others above $

130 MB
8256 x 5504 pixels 
3 MB compressed
Image use: Editorial Details of use: Editorial website Image Size: Any size Duration: up to 5 years Country: Worldwide Industry sector: Travel & tourism Additional Details: Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

\2ADW6JT.jpg

Carol

6 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Small sale today like some of the others above $

130 MB
8256 x 5504 pixels 

Carol, what are you shooting with to get 130MB files? I hope you have a fast machine!

48 minutes ago, NYCat said:

For THAT travel website, I'm sure. They do pay two and a half times what they were paying under novel use but it is still a shameful amount...

DCTNTW.jpg

Tourists viewing a herd of springbok in Etosha National Park, Namibia, Africa

Paulette

https://theculturetrip.com/africa/articles/how-coronavirus-could-wipe-out-decades-of-conservation-work/

14 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Carol, what are you shooting with to get 130MB files? I hope you have a fast machine!

Hi Steve, Nikon D850 and Sony RX100 Mk1, love em both  - yes pretty fast machine😉

Carol

Edited by CAROL SAUNDERS
change

1 minute ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Hi Steve, Nikon D850, yes pretty fast machine😉

Carol

Cool! I guess you can do quite aggressive cropping with a 45MB camera and you really take advantage of the resolution of professional lenses. I think I would definitely need a laptop upgrade....

Hi Steve, yes it's true you can crop and still get decent images though I do really try to get everything right in camera as I don't like to crop if I can help it but sometimes it's necessary.  Also use Nikon lenses.   I use a desktop iMac so no problems so far  😊

Carol

• Like 1

merchants-and-customers-stand-in-shops-tsukiji-fish-markets-outer-market-before-it-shut-down-and-moved-to-toyosu-in-tokyo-japan-RKGP5J.jpg

Media: Editorial website
Start: 29 April 2020
End: 29 April 2025
Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

Travel website, also $3, like everyone else on here...

Edit: Found it here: 
https://theculturetrip.com/asia/japan/articles/the-best-food-markets-in-tokyo/ and here: https://theculturetrip.com/asia/japan/articles/10-markets-in-tokyo-you-should-visit/ and in both places they mislabel which market is depicted. The description for the image is clear and correct.

Edited by chilker
Additional information about the usage of the image.

4 hours ago, Jools Devon said:

Congratulations Julian. I was about to re apply, then the coronavirus pandemic hit. With the travel restrictions and risk to health I put it on hold until I'm in a position to consistently shoot and upload good material.

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Television (editorial) ;  Print run: Unlimited transmissions ;  Placement: Use within body of show ;  Start: 30-April-2020 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;Additional Details: Licence covers all media worldwide and in perpetuity, including in-context promotional use. Licence includes multiple flashes per image during the series.

Unusually low $$ for a TV licence, but that may depend on how it's being used as per the description.

avro-504-of-the-great-war-display-team-at-the-abingdon-air-country-J4YG6X.jpg

Edited by Avpics
  • Love 1

It’s not over until it’s over...

At the very last minute at the end of the month two $65 book sales reported (US). Here is one of them. One of my favourite things I have photographed.

quirky-picturesque-garden-feature-wooden

Edited by Sally
  • Love 2