This feels like it could belong in the Covid-19 images thread. First time I've ever pointed my camera into a paint pot, but such are the times we are living in.

2BERJF3.jpg

• Like 3

My goal this year had been to focus on photographing events and life in my city. As that has obviously changed now, I've resorted to going back over my images from the last few years including many I've taken of wildflowers from here in Western Australia:

gillams-bell-darwinia-oxylepis-a-wildflower-endemic-to-southern-western-australia-2BARWF3.jpg

carnbrook-bell-darwinia-meeboldii-a-wildflower-endemic-to-southern-western-australia-2BARWE5.jpg

vanilla-orchid-thelymitra-antennifera-a-species-of-orchid-native-to-western-australia-south-australia-victoria-and-tasmania-2BCPYMC.jpg

• Like 4

Last year we had a robins' nest in our garden and then (happily) some fledglings. I got some photos that I suspect will never sell because the backgrounds are city walls and fire escapes instead of nature but they are, at least, unique on Alamy....

2BERXWF.jpg

American Robin fledgling on a fire escape in New York City

2BERXN4.jpg

American Robin feeding fledgling in New York City

2BERXPN.jpg

American Robin and fledgling in New York City

Paulette

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Last year we had a robins' nest in our garden and then (happily) some fledglings. I got some photos that I suspect will never sell because the backgrounds are city walls and fire escapes instead of nature but they are, at least, unique on Alamy....

2BERXWF.jpg

American Robin fledgling on a fire escape in New York City

2BERXN4.jpg

American Robin feeding fledgling in New York City

2BERXPN.jpg

American Robin and fledgling in New York City

Paulette

Excellent. My husband, back in the film days, noticed a robin’s nest full of babies on large natural-gas pipes outside of his workplace. His picture won 1st in a photo contest. There is something about the contrast of tender new life against man-made materials.

One more from my "once lost now found" work project.

drummer-performing-on-a-japanese-taiko-daiko-drum-using-bachi-drum-sticks-2BFF6PJ.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Leucistic mallard duck

2BGPW2R.jpg

This may be the only all white mallard duck in whole Alamy. At least with "leucistic mallard duck" search there's only spotted mallard ducks.

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa
  • Like 1

On 02/04/2020 at 09:27, spacecadet said:

....and these, in said forest. Some people eh.........

2BC1R5A.jpg

The other day, I walked around my block and counted FIFTEEN discarded gloves on the street! 🤬

• Sad 1

We have been sheltering in place since March 17, but can leave our homes to exercise. I have been even more productive during this time, taking daily walks around my neighborhood. Fortunately, I live near some very interesting scenery. It's been nice to take time to explore it.

SS Cape Mohican SEABEE barge carrier and war ship at international shipping container terminal with shipping cranes. Outer Harbor, Port of Oakland. Stock Photo

International shipping container terminal. Stacks of intermodal containers used for global trade and cargo commerce. Outer Harbor, Port of Oakland. Stock Photo

International shipping container terminal. Stacks of intermodal containers used for global trade and cargo commerce. Outer Harbor, Port of Oakland. Stock Photo

• Upvote 1

Domestic life in semi lock down...

teenage-girl-looking-at-her-mobile-phone

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 25/04/2020 at 01:15, Regis said:

Domestic life in semi lock down...

teenage-girl-looking-at-her-mobile-phone

Exactly the kind of image that I seem to make a lot of... and it could be anywhere which is good as it makes it more universally useable!

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2020 at 19:09, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Leucistic mallard duck

2BGPW2R.jpg

This may be the only all white mallard duck in whole Alamy. At least with "leucistic mallard duck" search there's only spotted mallard ducks.

Erm... isn't this an Aylesbury duck, with 500+ pix on Alamy?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Erm... isn't this an Aylesbury duck, with 500+ pix on Alamy?

2BGNJ0R.jpg

I don't know much about birds, but it is same size and shape as other mallard ducks at the bay. Domestic ducks are larger, have longer necks and have more upright posture. In any case these two have mated, so I believe it's a female. There also a possibility that it is just a white mallard duck without leucism, apparently that is a thing.

Anyways, you could be right. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not changing my captions yet, but I'm going to study it further.

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa

56 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

I don't know much about birds, but it is same size and shape as other mallard ducks at the bay. Domestic ducks are larger, have longer necks and have more upright posture. In any case these two have mated, so I believe it's a female. There also a possibility that it is just a white mallard duck without leucism, apparently that is a thing.

Anyways, you could be right. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not changing my captions yet, but I'm going to study it further.

From Wikipedia... The precise origin of the Aylesbury duck is unclear.[1] Before the 18th century, duck breeds were rarely recorded in England, and the common duck, bred for farming, was a domesticated form of the wild mallard. The common duck varied in colour, and as in the wild, white ducks would occasionally occur.[1] White ducks were particularly prized, as their feathers were popular as a filler for quilts.[2]

8 hours ago, John Morrison said:

From Wikipedia... The precise origin of the Aylesbury duck is unclear.[1] Before the 18th century, duck breeds were rarely recorded in England, and the common duck, bred for farming, was a domesticated form of the wild mallard. The common duck varied in colour, and as in the wild, white ducks would occasionally occur.[1] White ducks were particularly prized, as their feathers were popular as a filler for quilts.[2]

From ducks.com: "Leucism, which is perhaps the most common cause of plumage aberrations in birds, is often mistaken for albinism. Leucism is an inherited disorder in which the deposition of melanin is disrupted. Leucistic birds may have completely white plumage or only a few white feathers."

Really hard to judge.

Posted (edited)

It’s Virginia bluebell season. They’re native to a lot of eastern North America, not just Virginia.

virginia-bluebells-mertensia-virginica-2

Edited by TABan
  • Like 1

Spent a lot of time this weekend scanning old photos...mostly of family and friends but also a few old shoots that I thought could be useful for stock.  This one I shot in the early 1990s of Ziggy Marley, son of the legend Bob Marley.  I set up a "studio" of sorts in a New York City hotel room, I had about 10-15 mins with him.  He was on tour after his bring record "Tomorrow People" had released. It was shot for a national travel magazine article. I uploaded via the "archival" route.

raggae-musician-ziggy-marley-son-of-bob-marley-early-1990s-studio-portrait-2BHJ49F.jpg

• Like 2

Hiking towards Annapurna Sanctuary in Nepal Himalayas with views of unclimbed Mt. Machhapuchhre ("Fish Tail")

walking-bridge-and-scenic-mount-machapuc

Young girl working and washing clothes in Nepal Mountain Village

young-girl-child-working-and-washing-clo

On 27/04/2020 at 01:42, Matt Ashmore said:

Exactly the kind of image that I seem to make a lot of... and it could be anywhere which is good as it makes it more universally useable!

Thank you Matt.

In fact that is the kind of image that I think that I don't do enough of.

We are not in lockdown down here.

And we just kept our child home for a while by precaution, but she started school again this week.

Have a good day,

Regis

A remake of a photograph I did some time ago, but I prefer this more recent one.

crocodile-safety-sign-on-east-point-beac

• Haha 1

I'm putting all of my future stock income into a separate account  to save up for this 1954 Kaiser Darren beauty. Wish me luck!

a-1954-kaiser-darrin-american-convertible-vintage-car-2BHKMGE.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I'm putting all of my future stock income into a separate account  to save up for this 1954 Kaiser Darren beauty. Wish me luck!

Maybe by 2154.........

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Maybe by 2154.........

Great! I'll give you a ride🤣

Just now, Rico said:

Great! I'll give you a ride🤣

I'm having myself downloaded onto a USB stick so I can go in the glovebox.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Regis said:

A remake of a photograph I did some time ago, but I prefer this more recent one.

crocodile-safety-sign-on-east-point-beac

Kind of sums up the human species... Like pushing the big red button marked "Do not push"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaQ3rB2BxQ

I wonder if she is a tourist or local....