Posted (edited)

Aquatis (Lausanne, Switzerland), the largest fresh water aquarium in Europe, under snow in winter.

aquatis-lausanne-switzzerland-under-snow

aquatis-lausanne-switzzerland-under-snow

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Like 5

Williamsburg Bridge in the early morning light. 2015, Lower East Side, Manhattan, NYC, USA.

Cars on Lower East Side end of Williamsburg Bridge in the early morning rising sun in New York City, United States of America Stock Photo

• Like 1

Spencer's Goanna (Varanus spenceri)

2BBK73J.jpg

Redback Spider (Latrodectus hasseltii) guarding its egg sac

2BBK71M.jpg

• Like 5

Now that I have more time to find long lost photographs, I found this one from an ex agency.

people-at-an-outdoor-concert-or-festival-princes-island-park-calgary-alberta-canada-2BAT5RF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Stretch of California Coastline between Del Mar and La Jolla Shores.    San Diego beaches have been closed due to COVID-19 pandemic

eroded-sandstone-cliffs-and-torrey-pines

Uniform Stacked Row of Natural Soap Bars in Chiang Mai, Thailand Market

uniform-stack-rows-of-handmade-environme

• Like 1

One of many ladybirds in Epping Forest just up the road......presumably for one of these child-amusing trails

2BC1R4N.jpg

....and these, in said forest. Some people eh.........

2BC1R5A.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ed Roberts Campus was in the list of Alamy Needs. They had almost no photos of this educational center for people with disabilities. It's near my home and I go by there a few times a month, so took some photos.

Ed Roberts Campus, community center for disability education. The Universal Design architecture gives access to those with disabilities. Berkeley, CA. Stock Photo

Ed Roberts Campus, community center for disability education. The Universal Design architecture gives access to those with disabilities. Berkeley, CA. Stock Photo

• Like 1

Found this nest lying on the ground of a woodland path, obviously having fallen from a tree. Just fascinated that the enterprising wee birdie that built it has used strands of blue plastic in its construction. I'd heard stories of other birds using all sorts of things to build with, but it's the first time I've actually seen it myself.

a-small-birds-nest-fallen-from-a-tree-an

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The robins who build nests in our courtyard garden in NYC also seem to like that blue plastic.

Paulette

Waterworks Museum, Chestnut Hill, MA. A 2018 shot that somehow got missed!

2BC4G54.jpg

Lockdown I'm afraid. Feel free to add a caption to this one 🙂

2BCGCEJ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Sign of the times? A vandalised direction signpost with an inset showing what it used to look like.

Vandalised direction signpost on the coast to coast cycle path in Washington NE England, with an inset showing the undamaged sign. Stock Photo

It transpires there has been a spate of these thefts, light fingered brethren taking advantage of quieter surroundings are picnhing the metal for scrap.

Edited by Bryan
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 08/04/2020 at 16:28, Brizbee said:

Found this nest lying on the ground of a woodland path, obviously having fallen from a tree. Just fascinated that the enterprising wee birdie that built it has used strands of blue plastic in its construction. I'd heard stories of other birds using all sorts of things to build with, but it's the first time I've actually seen it myself.

a-small-birds-nest-fallen-from-a-tree-an

Should have used some of said strands to tie it to the branch!

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

I've resorted to taking pictures of fruit bought in my one visit to the supermarket in the last 3 weeks.

fresh-mandarin-orange-fruits-on-a-plate-in-a-still-life-shot-2BD8T0J.jpg

And more pictures of the children...

young-brothers-lie-on-the-floor-together-reading-their-books-this-is-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-and-reading-id-a-good-educational-activity-2BDRP84.jpg

a-young-boy-digging-up-weeds-using-a-hand-trowel-in-the-garden-2BCWNKM.jpg

• Like 6

My daughter helping to transplant the tomato plants.

2BE2W6H.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Always on the lookout for even more clownfish images. The male fish tends the eggs, keeping them clean and aerated.
clown-anemonefish-amphiprion-percula-tending-eggs-laid-at-the-base-of-the-host-magnificent-anemone-heteractis-magnifica-tulamben-bali-indonesia-2BE14TP.jpg

Edited by cbimages
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not the world's most exciting image, but it gets better to realise that it's the only image of this subject on Alamy. And I'm not really worried about every man and his dog rushing out to get more photos - it's the only one I've seen in over 40 years of diving and was found at a rather obscure dive site in north Bali. Plus, the fish was so shy, I got off the one shot and it went down it's hole and did not come back out.
lachners-shrimpgoby-also-known-as-black-spear-shrimpgoby-myersina-lachneri-pemuteran-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-2BE14X5.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

NYC, USA, Feb 2015

2BEJYWT.jpg

Edit: Much better without watermark over girls face.

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa

Queens Swan Uppers on the River Thames a couple of years back. I'd wanted to go again this summer, but who knows if it will go ahead? :(

Queens Swan Uppers on the River Thames Stock Photo

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

...and at a similar place & time of year to the above..I can't tell you why I like this photo, I just do! :)

ATM cash dispensers on the towpath at Henley Royal Regatta.

ATM cash dispensers on the towpath at Henley Royal Regatta Stock Photo

Edited by losdemas

Posted (edited)

This thread seems much quieter than usual... I guess we are all a little constrained on what interesting photos we can take!

So to keep it going, a few more of mine.!

I used paper for a background and had it placed on a table in-front of a window. Lightroom and photoshop removed the joins in paper and fixed shadows.

a-homemade-tuna-and-mayonnaise-sandwich-on-a-plate-shot-against-a-while-background-2BED3F8.jpg

stationery-equipment-shit-against-a-white-background-2BED5H5.jpg

And the other side of my back fence at the end of the garden is my children's primary school so... a closed looking school photo!

trees-sprouting-in-a-quiet-empty-school-playground-the-school-is-closed-because-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-the-gate-is-locked-2BE05GX.jpg

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Like 1