Post a beautiful nature picture

37 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

Beautiful Demaoiselle (Calopteryx virgo) male

As Betty said, identifying and correctly captioning wildlife and plants is a must if you want them to sell.

I think its spelt 'Demoiselle'

38 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

Beautiful Demaoiselle (Calopteryx virgo) male

As Betty said, identifying and correctly captioning wildlife and plants is a must if you want them to sell.

Errr... It's Demoiselle Phil.

Normally see these guys swimming round my local harbour, due to Covid apart from trawlers its fairly quiet which is why sleepy head here was bobbing about dead to the world, sound asleep. 

grey-seal-halichoerus-grypus-asleep-while-floating-in-the-sea-ireland-2F9PPT9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

Normally see these guys swimming round my local harbour, due to Covid apart from trawlers its fairly quiet which is why sleepy head here was bobbing about dead to the world, sound asleep. 

grey-seal-halichoerus-grypus-asleep-while-floating-in-the-sea-ireland-2F9PPT9.jpg

Love it.

Paulette

52 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

That looks like the most satisfying poo ever

23 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Japanese Maples are beautiful but they are a bit finicky, IMO. It’s been awhile, but I think when I planted one in Oklahoma years ago, it said to give it some filtered shade part of the day. Like from another tree. Of course, that was instructions for Oklahoma, which has some pretty fierce summer heat. Probably not an issue where you are. Mine didn’t do well. But yes, the colors change!

Pretty Image!

Thanks for the kind words, Betty. Japanese maples seem to thrive here with very little fuss, but then just about anything will grow in Vancouver, even the occasional palm tree:

Windmill Palm tree (Trachycarpus fortunei) or Chusan palm growing outside an apartment building in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Stock Photo

10 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Time for another from springtime in Tenerife!

2FJ14CR.jpg

Phil

Pretty! I grew some poppies like those, once. Mine were in a half whiskey barrel.

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Pretty! I grew some poppies like those, once. Mine were in a half whiskey barrel.

At about 1000 metres above sea level they grow wild out here, different varieties too. There are even some orange coloured California poppies in one part of the island!

Phil

Edited by Phil Crean
spellling
6 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

At about 1000 metres above sea level they grow wild out here, different varieties too. There are even some orange coloured California poppies in one part of the island!

Phil

That’s what I had, the California orange. I didn’t remember until you said it. It’s been 20 years ago!

• Like 1
On 22/04/2021 at 18:44, Betty LaRue said:

Hello Betty! I just want to thank you so much for taking the time to share your advice. It's been a little crazy around here, but I have started working through the images and posting better captioning. Everything you said made perfect sense. I appreciated your help and experience very much! I'm new here to the forum; so looking forward to learning a lot more! Hope you are having a great spring time! Your Friend, Jenny    S:o)

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Jenny Wise Photos said:

Happy to be of help, Jenny! And it’s nice for someone new to heed advice. Some people feel insulted, but our advice is to help you. Once you have many images in your portfolio, it’s so much more difficult correcting them than when caught toward the beginning.

Alamy changed over to a new way of doing things a few years back that caused a big mess in our keywords field. I had 5000 images to go through one at a time to fix the keywords on all of my images. I thought I would go mad, but I got it done over several months.  

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This image was taken mid-May on a hiking trip in Kananaskis Country, Alberta Rocky Mountains

green-valley-distant-snowy-mountain-peak

The ridge in foreground is called King Creek Ridge and it was largely snowbound, but first highpoint where this photo was taken was snow free and I spent at least half an hour sitting and enjoying expansive views. In the distance are Kananaskis Lakes, still frozen.  Specially amazing were these cloud formations above distant snowy mountain Peaks,  better seen on this telephoto

green-valley-distant-snowy-mountain-peak

Both of these images were taken with Canon 6D, full frame, and 24-105L lens.  Pano is 4x2 grid with all frames at 24mm, while telephoto is single frame and for once I am happy with 105mm focal length.  I also took a "selfie", being without tripod I simply leaned my Rx100 on rucksack and snapped this before I left;  not submitted for sale, but inserting here to complete the story

attachment.php?attachmentid=285980

I maintain personal website, which is kinda mix of photography and hiking;  Hiking part has log of all these Canadian Rockies trips and if you wish you can read more about this hike (and see more photos)  here

Edited by Autumn Sky
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Been a while, but here are a few from the garden that I didn't get last year......... click through twice if you want full-size.

Lilac

DSC07543.jpg

Azalea.......this is very orange........never noticed the giraffe spots until I put flash through it.DSC07552.jpg

May- which actually did wait till May this year, April being so cold.........

DSC07561.jpg

...and weigelia florida by the pond

DSC07620.jpg

Irises by the pond bog garden

DSC07613.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

A new one- we've never noticed it before, probably because the flowers last only a day- Wood avens/herb bennet.

DSC07642.jpg

..and the magpie brat hassling the grown-ups......

DSC07590.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

..and the magpie brat hassling the grown-ups......

DSC07590.jpg

"If you are going to be like that you go and find your own place to live."  That should shut him up.

Allan

32 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

"If you are going to be like that you go and find your own place to live."  That should shut him up.

Allan

I think he has. I heard him in next door's garden today.😀

• Haha 1

Those young’uns sure hate to have to begin rustling up their own chow. I always knew when the parents were DONE when the parents just ignored or flew away, leaving the noisy one confused.