Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

On 06/05/2020 at 13:02, aphperspective said:

I'm afraid me and horses don't get on. Never forgave the entire species since one took a chunk out of my fishing umbrella.

Andy 

:lol: hope it tasted good.

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Teddy bears reading wildlife magazine on bed

teddy-bears-reading-wildlife-magazine-on-bed-JC0CJ6.jpg

Looked in my port for "Wildlife" and this is what I found.

The bears were a bit wild when they new I had taken a photo of them in their Jimjams.

Allan

Love the look of the vintage bedroom. I grew up with cotton chenille bedspreads. The curtain and wallpaper prints are perfect. I like them  and the bears. Hope they didn’t claw you in anger.

18 hours ago, gvallee said:

A beautiful Rainbow Lorikeet. These birds are quite common in Australia. Sadly, I just read that they are now hit by a mystery virus and are dropping dead from the sky.

CWKRP6.jpg

Arghhh! We has some kind of bird flu over here years ago that killed several varieties of birds. I think it finally died out on its own. Seems like some of the blackbirds were vulnerable best I can remember long after the happening.

This image is of Quarry Lake, above City of Canmore AB Canada;  I go here several times / week for my early evening walks:

walking-path-and-quarry-lake-landscape-w

Image never sold on Alamy, but netted me over $100 elsewhere, including rare micro extended license just yesterday.   I just love it here, and how this walking path on right side leads into distant mountain peaks in the horizon.  Wildlife can also be seen, and few summers back we even had grizzly bears by the lake! 

If you are ever here, do come in the evening -- there will be no people, and sky can get very dramatic in right conditions.

Edited by Autumn Sky
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Not an Alamy thing, I don't think, but I've just rediscovered the b/w mix sliders in LR so I've been having fun with a dead branch I cut off the apple tree.

Maybe not conventionally "beautiful" but...........

DSC00018-2.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

6 hours ago, Sally R said:

I love this John. It really works well as a vertical. I also really like the light which looks almost kind of bronze to me.

Thanks for the kind words. That image is a few years old, and I can't remember how I processed it. I was standing at the top of an observation tower at a nature sanctuary looking down at the sandpipers taking an afternoon break from their constant activity. They arrange themselves in interesting patterns when resting.

On 09/05/2020 at 00:05, John Mitchell said:

Sandpipers

sandpipers-at-the-reifel-migratory-bird-

This just occurred to me today for one of my own photos, but maybe try some keywords involving zen and meditation for a photo like this.

I hope these are going down alright here. I'm finding that creating them is quite contemplative, even though it's minutes in LR and not hours in the darkroom. Maybe I can figure out a way of making it take longer.

Anyway the links only last a week so no harm done. I have this as my desktop now.

DSC03856-2.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

These were uploaded just yesterday (May 10) to Alamy.  It is of very beautiful waterfall in central Laos;   Kuang Si Falls near Luang Prabang,  photos taken mid January 2020.   There are lots of people just like everywhere else, but if you climb steep trail from main area you can pretty much have it to yourself.  This is pic 1,  I had a blast here, 30mins with tripod,  it will never sell at least not on Alamy but I had tons of fun.  

scenic-kuang-si-falls-landscape-a-beauti

Second pic are very beautiful cascading lagoons below main waterfall.  People swim here and there is picnic area, but again I was here near closing time and had it to myself.  Did spend 15min in Photoshop enhancing various things, but am very satisfied with end product.  Even if this one will never sell too, but it means something to me and this is what matters most :)

• Love 6

Nothing more serene and beautiful than pools of water and waterfalls.

Here’s my contribution of nature.

A Painted Lady butterfly on Penta lanceolata.

I grew these in my Oklahoma City garden.

B5T4B8.jpg

• Love 1

On 12/05/2020 at 14:20, Autumn Sky said:

Your Magical Creatures are awesome Gen!   Where do we find them?

Thank you! I've been photographing birds and insects for many years. I did many trips specifically to photograph birds. I went 7 times to the Pantanal in Brazil which, in my opinion, cannot be beaten for bird photography. This particular image was taken at a brilliant giant walk-through aviary in southern Brazil, Parque das Aves, near Iguazu Falls. I also did short trips dedicated to bird photography from hides, in Hungary, Extremadura, Finland. Other bird trips included The Gambia, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Argentina, Arizona, etc. I've also travelled several months a year for many years. I also did a Blurb book on birds.  Do you get the idea that I like birds? LOL!!

On 12/05/2020 at 14:30, Autumn Sky said:

These were uploaded just yesterday (May 10) to Alamy.  It is of very beautiful waterfall in central Laos;   Kuang Si Falls near Luang Prabang,  photos taken mid January 2020.   There are lots of people just like everywhere else, but if you climb steep trail from main area you can pretty much have it to yourself.  This is pic 1,  I had a blast here, 30mins with tripod,  it will never sell at least not on Alamy but I had tons of fun.  

Second pic are very beautiful cascading lagoons below main waterfall.  People swim here and there is picnic area, but again I was here near closing time and had it to myself.  Did spend 15min in Photoshop enhancing various things, but am very satisfied with end product.  Even if this one will never sell too, but it means something to me and this is what matters most :)

These are very beautiful images.

10 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you! I've been photographing birds and insects for many years. I did many trips specifically to photograph birds. I went 7 times to the Pantanal in Brazil which, in my opinion, cannot be beaten for bird photography. This particular image was taken at a brilliant giant walk-through aviary in southern Brazil, Parque das Aves, near Iguazu Falls. I also did short trips dedicated to bird photography from hides, in Hungary, Extremadura, Finland. Other bird trips included The Gambia, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Argentina, Arizona, etc. I've also travelled several months a year for many years. I also did a Blurb book on birds.  Do you get the idea that I like birds? LOL!!

Thanks Gen!  I was also making parallel with "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" movie :)

Think you and me have love for travel in common.  Like you I've also been to many faraway places, but would still like to knock few things of my bucket list (incl. Brazil).  Now with this pandemic nothing will ever be the same & I am not sure it will be possible

• Love 1