Jump to content

Post a good thing that happened in your life today


Recommended Posts

Phoned the hair dresser and she brought my appointment forward from inside next lockdown. Going in at 11.00 am tomorrow.

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a garage sale a couple of weeks ago (15-17th) with the help of my two daughters. We all wore masks, and the shoppers did also. We are all in the clear, now. 
I made a tidy sum, so did one of my daughters. The other daughter didn’t bring anything but her ability to work hard which is invaluable.
Today a veteran’s charity came and picked up what was left. My basement storage room and garage has never been this uncluttered. I had wanted to do this shortly after moving, but circumstances prevented it.  I’m not someone who gets along with clutter well. My kids always tell me I throw out the baby with the bath water! :D

In spite of selling numerous pairs of shoes, I still have...In my closets...not telling.
Anyway, at last pulling off the sale is my good thing. Let the shoes accumulate.

BTW. I had to promise my family that this was my last garage sale. My one son-in-law who has to do all the pole hanging and box-toting up basement stairs, and otherwise heavy-lifting is getting rather testy. :lol:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be enjoying a glass of prosecco with a prawn cocktail while watching the Melbourne Cup this afternoon, also put a bet on as is the yearly tradition here :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bella said:

I will be enjoying a glass of prosecco with a prawn cocktail while watching the Melbourne Cup this afternoon, also put a bet on as is the yearly tradition here :D

 

Did you make any money Bella? An outsider won.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gvallee said:

 

Did you make any money Bella? An outsider won.

Unfortunately not but my husband managed to pick second, with $5 each way he won $5... paid for my prosecco :D

I came home and continued uploading... try to recoup my $10 ;)

How about you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bella said:

Unfortunately not but my husband managed to pick second, with $5 each way he won $5... paid for my prosecco :D

I came home and continued uploading... try to recoup my $10 ;)

How about you?

 

I didn't bet. Just spent my day beeing hostage to swooping magpies. Good reason to try and catch up on my mountain of images.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We went for a walk locally yesterday along the river Wear valley  and through the local parks in search of autumn colour. The display doesn't match that seen elsewhere, there are no deep reds, but it's still beautiful. Carrying only the diminutive RX100, I managed to accumulate a few decent photos to upload. It's strange that you see some new compositions, despite having walked the route many times. I'm grateful that, despite our advancing years, my wife and I are still able to get about on foot or by using a bicycle.

 

Plus, a new bike shop has opened locally and they will have a crank extractor for me to pick up today 😇

Edited by Bryan
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John Richmond said:

No cycle crank extractor photos on Alamy, Bryan

 

 

tool, repair, special, maintenance, bike, bicycle, cycle, tool, isolated, - Stock Image

It's that black thingy.

And here it's in use:

Bicycle assembly in workshop, man installs crank - Stock Image

2CW03EM or 2AYAGX5 or 2AYAGX2 or 2AYAGWD or 2AYAGWW or 2AYAGWG or 2AYAGX3 or PCK3MK or PCK3MR

 

But you're right with 8,273 sesults for bicycle tool, it's remarkable how few images there actually are of decent bike tools. And how few understand what's been going on in their own pictures. Could be a translation thing of course.

 

wim

 

edit: I now see that even in this good clear image of this mechanic taking a crank off, it says Bicycle assembly in workshop, man installs crank.

No he doesn't.

Edited by wiskerke
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today finally made over 3000 images on sale (3012) with the addition of those shot last weekend. In this climate not sure how long it will take to add another 1000. Must catch up with my backlog. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Eta hasn't rained enough on Jinotega (yet?) to have gotten water running from my courtyard into my house and the streets aren't running curb to curb.  I have been playing with the new Adobe Photographer Suite Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and with DXO PhotoLab 4, and drinking coffee from locally grown beans.   Sent seven photos in to Alamy for Quality Control. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, wiskerke said:

 

 

tool, repair, special, maintenance, bike, bicycle, cycle, tool, isolated, - Stock Image

It's that black thingy.

And here it's in use:

Bicycle assembly in workshop, man installs crank - Stock Image

2CW03EM or 2AYAGX5 or 2AYAGX2 or 2AYAGWD or 2AYAGWW or 2AYAGWG or 2AYAGX3 or PCK3MK or PCK3MR

 

But you're right with 8,273 sesults for bicycle tool, it's remarkable how few images there actually are of decent bike tools. And how few understand what's been going on in their own pictures. Could be a translation thing of course.

 

wim

 

edit: I now see that even in this good clear image of this mechanic taking a crank off, it says Bicycle assembly in workshop, man installs crank.

No he doesn't.

 

Well spotted Wim !

 

Today I managed to re-assemble the boss's bike, new cassette, new middle chainwheel, new chain and new bottom bracket. We went for a ride to test the work and nothing fell off.  However she discovered a strange metal object in her bike bag, the missing crank extractor.  I now have two.  Cranks beware.....

Edited by Bryan
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Eta hasn't rained enough on Jinotega (yet?) to have gotten water running from my courtyard into my house and the streets aren't running curb to curb.  I have been playing with the new Adobe Photographer Suite Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and with DXO PhotoLab 4, and drinking coffee from locally grown beans.   Sent seven photos in to Alamy for Quality Control. 

 

 

 

Don't forget to photograph those bags of locally grown coffee. There is a steady demand for coffee-related images. Good luck with the rain. I've been in Nicaragua at this time of year, so I know how wet it can be.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Good luck with the rain. I've been in Nicaragua at this time of year, so I know how wet it can be.

 

 

 

This hasn't been as bad as a couple of weeks ago for flooding in Jinotega when the house got overflow from the courtyard and the streets were running like creeks, but it has been a lot of rain for November.  

 

Thanks for the tip on photographing coffee packages -- I generally dump the beans in a ceramic container and chuck the bag.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bryan said:

 

Well spotted Wim !

 

Today I managed to re-assemble the boss's bike, new cassette, new middle chainwheel, new chain and new bottom bracket. We went for a ride to test the work and nothing fell off.  However she discovered a strange metal object in her bike bag, the missing crank extractor.  I now have two.  Cranks beware.....

 

Haha! Yes they can easily be mistaken for just some funny nut and bolt. Now did you make pictures?

 

wim

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wiskerke said:

 

Haha! Yes they can easily be mistaken for just some funny nut and bolt. Now did you make pictures?

 

wim

 

Too stressed to take photos while fixing bike Wim, but I'm now in the unique position of being  able take a photo of two different crank extractors - Of course I'll have to carry out a risk assessment and take suitable safety precautions, they can be vicious and they will view me as a potential target.....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bryan said:

 

Too stressed to take photos while fixing bike Wim, but I'm now in the unique position of being  able take a photo of two different crank extractors - Of course I'll have to carry out a risk assessment and take suitable safety precautions, they can be vicious and they will view me as a potential target.....

 

Extraction cranks are likely ambush predators...as evidenced by their use of concealment. 😉

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Went for my usual morning constitutional this morning which usually takes 45 minutes to an hour. It was eerily quiet as though we were in another lockdown. OH! We ARE!

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is an absolutely gorgeous autumn day. No wind, sparkling sunshine and temperatures around 70F. I look across the street and see two oaks with brilliant autumn colors.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

It is an absolutely gorgeous autumn day. No wind, sparkling sunshine and temperatures around 70F. I look across the street and see two oaks with brilliant autumn colors.


Same here in the DC area, a perfect day...had lunch outside, with my photo assistant, between a couple shoots.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped by my local Tesco store to pick up a repeat prescription and a little shopping just over an hour ago. Also picked up a few bottles of Corona, the lager not the virus. The carpark was pretty empty, same inside the store, no need to dodge the idiots. It was wonderful. The likely reason was it was November 5th, firework night. Everyone must have been in their back gardens letting off fireworks. Not me, and our cat was kept in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent an hour or two in my basement storage area (a large room) throwing away junk and rearranging things, sweeping and vacuuming a round rug down there.  I will be buying plastic bins so I can transfer keeper items from cardboard to see-thru bins. Still a lot of work to be done, but I made a feel-good start.

I’ll swear, I gave so many hangers to charity with a lot of clothes and household goods. But I discovered another boxful of hangers today. It went in the rubbish bin.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is sort of good thing/bad thing.  Got an email today from a financial client wanting to buy an image from a shoot last year (I love easy money).  I said I would shoot over an invoice and when I went to my computer that I use for non-photo editing (mostly accounting and what not) I see my monitor is flickering and flashing all kinds of colors and patterns. I tried to trouble shoot it first but no luck. As monitors go, it was an old one.  So I ran out and got a new monitor and that pretty much offset what I made on the photo sale.  But I do love this new monitor!  At least it wasn't the computer itself going down!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Well this is sort of good thing/bad thing.  Got an email today from a financial client wanting to buy an image from a shoot last year (I love easy money).  I said I would shoot over an invoice and when I went to my computer that I use for non-photo editing (mostly accounting and what not) I see my monitor is flickering and flashing all kinds of colors and patterns. I tried to trouble shoot it first but no luck. As monitors go, it was an old one.  So I ran out and got a new monitor and that pretty much offset what I made on the photo sale.  But I do love this new monitor!  At least it wasn't the computer itself going down!

 

That's the problem with easy money -- easy come, easy go. 🙄

 

Just curious, what kind of monitor did you choose? Mine is probably approaching its expiry date.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.