Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

One of the problems I had pairing my phone is it had paired itself to my TV, or the pairing was copied over from my old phone. I had to unpair the TV for the pairing to my car to work, because the only option showing was my TV, not the car. Of course, I still don’t understand anything!! 😂

48 minutes ago, sb photos said:

A good source of advice on newly released LR issues is Victoria Bampton's Lightroom Queen, www.lightroomqueen.com

That is where I got it from. They have my email and keep me updated.

Allan

56 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

One of the problems I had pairing my phone is it had paired itself to my TV, or the pairing was copied over from my old phone. I had to unpair the TV for the pairing to my car to work, because the only option showing was my TV, not the car. Of course, I still don’t understand anything!! 😂

The pairing was probably copied over from the old phone.   And if the phone was paired to the TV, yes you did have to unpair that.  I've got a Magic Mouse II and a Magic Trackpad II and switched the trackpad to a new iPad. 

• Love 1

A first birthday zoom with the Beautiful Granddaughter in New Zealand at teatime (ours......she was mangling bits of Marmite on toast and grape hedgehogs (don't ask) for breakfast and about to be taken to the zoo).

A whole year and so far away. We would have gone again or they come here but...............sigh. They don't even have coronavirus.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

This morning was a giant step forward for me: for the first time in 5 weeks, I was able to tie my shoes. 

That's good, you must be on the mend. I remember after a hip replacement being advised not to bend over to tie shoe laces for a while, otherwise the hip could have dislocated. I ended up buying and wearing horrible shoes with a velcro strap fastener to tide me over.

Edited by sb photos

The one veg I have grown this year for the first time is New Zealand Yams or Oca. Dug the first plant a couple of weeks ago but left the other three as these were rather small. About 3cm long!  Can be eaten raw in salads or roasted. Slightly lemony flavour but more of a chestnut texture than a potato texture. Very different!

new-zealand-yams-S3BJBP.jpg

• Like 1

I had a call today from a therapist at one of the fracture hospitals I have been to. She gave me a long interview about my condition, had me do a number of tests, and she said she would be sending me a new sheet of exercises. She seemed to think I was doing well but warned me that when all is done I will not regain the level of dexterity I had before the fall. That's something I already knew. So poco a poco.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

I had a call today from a therapist at one of the fracture hospitals I have been to. She gave me a long interview about my condition, had me do a number of tests, and she said she would be sending me a new sheet of exercises. She seemed to think I was doing well but warned me that when all is done I will not regain the level of dexterity I had before the fall. That's something I already knew. So poco a poco.

It is good that they are keeping tabs on you.

Edo may I ask if you are actually registered with a doctors surgery. It just seems that all your problems seem to be seen to at a hospital without referring to a doctor.

If you are not with a doctors surgery may I suggest you register soon. It may be beneficial with regard to getting an appointment for the covid vaccination.

Allan

Appologies if I have missed something in earlier posts.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

That's the kind of news I like to hear Edo. You're getting there. I've never regained full movement of my arm. Is it a problem? Not in the least. I don't often have to lift my arm over my head to scratch my back. 

On 17/12/2020 at 10:38, Ed Rooney said:

I hope you still feel like that in February,  jean-françois. brrrrrr

yeah we will see.  If we get more days like today, -10C but glorious sunshine, no wind i'll be fine....  I would take that anytime over @John Mitchell2 months of grey rainy west coast.  But he wins starting March....  Vancouver spring and summer have to be the greatest,  

Yet another positive event has taken place. I was able to change my shirt. If that seems bizarre, these are bizarre times.

Since I can now change my shirt, I can also take a shower. But that's another event, and I only take on one event at a time. I see a shower in the very near future.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

Since I can now change my shirt, I can also take a shower. But that's another event, and I only take on one event at a time. I see a shower in the very near future.

No shower, Edo? There's no better way to ensure social distancing...

• Love 1

On 20/12/2020 at 06:13, Ed Rooney said:
Yet another positive event has taken place. I was able to change my shirt. If that seems bizarre, these are bizarre times.

Satisfying to see good progress, Ed. Merry Christmas! Have one of those beers or bottles of wine that you couldn’t open before!

Had a long hot shower this morning and shampooed my hair three times. Bliss. 

Meralgia paresthetica or Bernhardt-Roth syndrome is what’s been causing my bedrest and sleeping problems. This condition may be related to my broken arm or be an unrelated problem, a coincidence. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/meralgia-paresthetica/symptoms-causes/syc-20355635

What’s disconcerting is that NHS Symptoms has nothing on it under any name.

Marry Christmas to you, Betty.

Good to see that you are making a recovery Edo ! One of the least satisfactory aspects of getting older is the difficulty in sleeping, I can't remember the last time that I slept through from night to morning, but it's something you can live with.

In the absence of face to face gatherings over Xmas, we've set up a number of zoom meetings with family and friends. Just wondering if the system will be able to cope with the likely demand. What was the zoom experience in the USA during Thanksgiving? 

Coincidentally, today I watched a TV programme about the voyage of the Mayflower and the establishment of the Plymouth settlement. Somewhat taken aback to learn that the settlers were at first greeted by a native American who spoke English. Apparently they joined forces with the local tribe who were involved in a turf war with other groups. Sadly the truce didn't last, but the survival of the settlers was ensured by this early cooperation.

The Mayflower Pilgrims: Behind the Myth: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b084fmgq via @bbciplayer

Edited by Bryan

4 hours ago, MizBrown said:

The book "1493" gives a great account of indigenous politics and the history of that man and how he learned English and got back to North America. 

Thanks for that, when our libraries reopen I'll maybe take a look.  From your comment I'm guessing that he was kidnapped and sent to Europe but somehow managed to return?

• Alamy locked this topic