Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

The sun is shining here and I can see a blooming tree from where I sit.

Bad news, I’ll have to start paying to get my lawn cut because it is getting tall.
Good news for the lawn guy, though!

Best news...my daughter is no worse. But it’s early days.

• Love 1

I have a new great niece, born in Spain, mother and baby are doing well.

My husband has been sick all week with a fever and cough, had to postpone his surgery ....but the good news, he finally got a visit via Zoom with our GP and she thinks he has bronchitis and not the dreaded virus. We have enough food for the next couple of weeks, and I got creative tonight with quinoa, vegan cheese, spinach and a bunch of spices. Which I made along with chicken sausage. We also have an entire shelf in our freezer full of blueberries. I'm thinking about making some sort of cobbler this weekend. 

The sun was shining and I took a nice walk around my neighborhood. 

I like this thread Betty! Thanks! I'll find the nature one too.

18 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

The sun is shining here and I can see a blooming tree from where I sit.

Bad news, I’ll have to start paying to get my lawn cut because it is getting tall.
Good news for the lawn guy, though!

Best news...my daughter is no worse. But it’s early days.

Hi Betty,

Hope your daughter gets better soon.

All the best to you all.

Allan

Good thing for me. For lunch, I was naughty. Cream cheese covered in jalapeño jelly and scooped up with buttery crackers.

Iced tea.
I did housework with Echo, my African Gray, on my shoulder. She was so thrilled she kept giving me kisses (smack sounds) on my cheek.

She had a small bite of a cracker along with her steamed vegetables.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

Betty, this is the news we all need to hear in these difficult times...

Snapshots of life...the best kind of pictures. The ones you form in your mind through the written word.

I was enormously cheered this morning by discovering that Larry Kramer is still alive. I was looking for information about the virus in New York City and I found this... https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/nyregion/coronavirus-larry-kramer-aids.html  I don't know if many of you know who Larry Kramer is. He was a huge figure during the AIDS crises. He was raging at everybody and everything -- yelling that if they found a cure he'd have to sprinkle it on the graves of his friends, yelling at Mayor Koch when they lived in the same building down the street from me. It was a horrible time in Greenwich Village with stores closing because the owners were dying. I lost the guys who were my New York family and I was health care proxy and executrix. Such a terrible illness. And, remembering all that, finding that Larry Kramer who was diagnosed with HIV in 1988 is still alive gives me great joy. May he rage on.

Paulette

• Love 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

And you didn’t get shunned? 😁

Nah... He'll have his revenge at Scrabble or Boggle today. And he always beats me at ping-pong anyway, although I'm pretty good at it, says she modestly.

The happy news for today is that since I can't go anywhere, I've started looking around trees and bushes around my motorhome. I found a treasure trove of fascinating insects and am back full tilt into macro photography, which gives me a lot of pleasure. 

• Love 2

My single-lady-across-the-back-fence neighbor called me. She had placed bids on toilet paper, and won the bids. 2 of them. Quite a few rolls will be delivered to her home mid-April. She told me she would put some on my porch. What I have should last until then.

She got the websites from friends, watched the bidding for awhile, then scored.
People helping people.

Edited by Betty LaRue

We had some nice scones. Some with jam and some savoury cheesy ones.

The friendly robin in the garden I promised you a photograph of hasn't been around for a day or two. Perhaps he ate so many greeblies the other day that he's exceeded his take-off weight.

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

The friendly robin in the garden I promised you a photograph of hasn't been around for a day or two. Perhaps he ate so many greeblies the other day that he's exceeded his take-off weight.

I think your robin flew over to cheer me up. He's pretty fat and I guess that is your fault. I also saw a female cardinal. I get inordinately excited when wildlife shows up for me here in the Big City.

Paulette

• Love 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

You are a hoot, Mark! Your robins are little round things as it is compared to the robins we have over here. You put a funny picture in my mind of your fat bird running and trying to lift off, but instead bumping his bottom back to the ground. 
Here is an American robin taking offense at a European starling encroaching on its bath. The starling stood frozen for a minute, then decided there was no teeth in that open beak and jumped in.

B0CAE2.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

Oh not to worry I have a washing machine 🤣 💩

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

No washing powder though?

Washing toilet paper is a breeze  . , , it's hanging the sheets out to dry that's the fun bit . .

DD

As the lockdown has been extended I have set up my office computer again today so I can work on a backlog of images for Alamy and maybe some new ones too.

Had work emptying the car and unpacking it all but worth it I hope to take my mind off the current situation for a while.

Just a thought:- I am paying monthly payments to the utility companies and the local council for my Lincoln home and I can't even be there.

Allan

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Whether this is a good thing or not. I just watched the weekly series of “The Good Doctor” and saw some of the best acting ever. But I bawled my eyes out. Maybe I needed the release. 😢😭

I always cry when I don't get releases too 🤣

• Alamy locked this topic