Jump to content

Your COVID-19 Images


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

One year ago today, i used Covid 19 as a KW for the first time.   

 

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Tourist wearing a facial mask during annual celebration of the Señor de la Conquista 

 

san-miguel-de-allende-mexico-tourist-wearing-a-facial-mask-during-annual-celebration-of-the-seor-de-la-conquista-to-protect-against-spread-2BAJXX6.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I walked past this one. Took the picture but procrastinated about uploading it. anti-lockdown-graffiti-stencil-on-a-glas

 

 

 

Couple of days  later someone had exercised their right to reply and added a few words of advice.

 

amended-anti-lockdown-graffiti-stencil-o

Edited by Mr Standfast
spelling
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 06/03/2021 at 15:05, meanderingemu said:

One year ago today, i used Covid 19 as a KW for the first time.   

 

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Tourist wearing a facial mask during annual celebration of the Señor de la Conquista 

 

san-miguel-de-allende-mexico-tourist-wearing-a-facial-mask-during-annual-celebration-of-the-seor-de-la-conquista-to-protect-against-spread-2BAJXX6.jpg

 

Those look like condo developments on top of the hill in the background. I don't remember seeing them when I was last there 10 years ago. Quelle horreur!

Edited by John Mitchell
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Those look like condo developments on top of the hill in the background. I don't remember seeing them when I was last there 10 years ago. Quelle horreur!

yeah. many development popping up on the ridge...   still easy to avoid...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

what's the hand signal? 

I believe it's 'That photographer without a stepladder is on his own over on the left again."

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

I believe it's 'That photographer without a stepladder is on his own over on the left again."

 

ah OK, i'm not hip to all these youngsters' new trendy gestures...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2021 at 14:43, Mr Standfast said:

I walked past this one. Took the picture but procrastinated about uploading it. anti-lockdown-graffiti-stencil-on-a-glas

 

 

 

Couple of days  later someone had exercised their right to reply and added a few words of advice.

 

amended-anti-lockdown-graffiti-stencil-o

 

Great photos, I have a similar themed one with swearies that I never uploaded as I thought the content would flag a reject.

 

It's a pity these vocal people (on either side of the argument) can't spell though. I've seen stickers placed with a sheep wearing a mask and words on it, half of which are misspelled. Completely ruins the potential impact of said message

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

yeah. many development popping up on the ridge...   still easy to avoid...

 

I started visiting San Miguel in the 1980's before gentrification, traffic jams, overpriced "boutique" hotels, and the huge population growth. It was really a beautiful and livable town back then. I still love the place but miss the way it was. I guess that's progress for you. After NAFTA came along, Mexico really changed and not for the best IMO.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

I started visiting San Miguel in the 1980's before gentrification, traffic jams, overpriced "boutique" hotels, and the huge population growth. It was really a beautiful and livable town back then. I still love the place but miss the way it was. I guess that's progress for you. After NAFTA came along, Mexico really changed and not for the best IMO.

 

 

it is always the issue with places you have visited for a long time.  For me to most obvious are New Zealand (from 92) and Spain (from 89).... 

 

I only discovered Mexico over the last 10 years, and even there the changes are noticeable. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise ship Azura laid up on the river Tyne as there is no space at its home port of Southampton during the pandemic.  View from the opposite side of the river through  an arch in the old town hall in South Shields  market square.

 

P&O Cruises cruise ship Azura berthed at North Shields on the river Tyne laid up during the Covid pandemic, north east England, UK Stock Photo

Edited by Bryan
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Cruise ship Azura laid up on the river Tyne as there is no space at its home port of Southampton during the pandemic.  View from the opposite side of the river through the an arch in the old town hall in South Shields  market square.

 

 

 

The lovely MV Marco Polo that we had our first and only cruise on in 2011 was killed by the pandemic and cut up in India last month, along with a stablemate. I don't think they will be the only two. Floating Petri dishes have a PR mountain to climb.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

The lovely MV Marco Polo that we had our first and only cruise on in 2011 was killed by the pandemic and cut up in India last month, along with a stablemate. I don't think they will be the only two. Floating Petri dishes have a PR mountain to climb.

That's so sad. I shot her by chance as she was passing Southend in September 2019 heading out to sea.

WHJDNC.jpg

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Avpics said:

That's so sad. I shot her by chance as she was passing Southend in September 2019 heading out to sea.

WHJDNC.jpg

 

At Warnemünde. A proper ship with sheer on the decks- which were teak. Not a hotel stuck on a barge like most of the rest. Sigh.

C3TXMX.jpgC3TXN7.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Temporary offices placed outside of Bantry General hospital to improve social distancing.

bantry-west-cork-ireland-18th-jan-2021-t

 

 

bantry-west-cork-ireland-11th-mar-2021-b

Bantry Bay Lions club placed a big heart on Wolfe Tone Square. This gesture is to say a thank you to all the frontline workers for their work during Covid 19 times, it also shows support to those families whose members are no longer with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.