March 2020 Challenge - FOG AND MIST

Jill Morgan

Great topic. My three offerings:

Bass Rock

east-lothian-scotland-united-kingdom-27t

Silhouettes in the Firth of Forth looking towards Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh during a heatwave

east-lothian-scotland-united-kingdom-27t

View from an aeroplane window taking off from Santiago, Chile

view-from-plane-window-flying-south-from

• Love 3

Interestingly, though i take lots of fog shot, this makes me realise i haven't uploaded many.  As i now have some "free time" i'll have to look into this.... For now

Girl creating mist during photoshoot in Puebla Zocalo

male-model-posing-for-photo-shoot-in-central-zocalo-while-female-assistant-sprays-a-water-mist-bottle-group-is-standing-by-a-fountain-in-puebla-2ARBMGX.jpg

Church through branches and fog in Slovenia

sv-magdalena-church-at-top-of-a-hill-on-forest-on-a-foggy-misty-morning-view-from-low-through-the-trees-in-slovenia-T3R5TN.jpg

Pier to nowhere.

old-wooden-single-pier-leading-into-a-foggy-ocean-with-little-variation-from-sky-to-water-2A4G6FG.jpg

Thanks for taking this on Jill! Just two from me...

Spray from surface water on the M5 motorway creates poor visibility and dangerous driving conditions Stock Photo

Road spray creating a mist on the M5 in Somerset.

Sun through trees on a path early on a misty morning in autumn in the War Memorial park, Coventry UK. Stock Photo

Misty morning in the Memorial Park, Coventry.

Edited by TeeCee

TeeCee, for some reason I can’t quite comprehend, your first image of the road/cars invokes emotion. I really like it.

Possibly it reminds me of those conditions on my many road trips. Who knows. I do like rain, so that’s a plus. Glad you uploaded it. It’s better than mine. Good luck.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

On 12/03/2020 at 18:54, wiskerke said:

Haze or lifting fog:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EGH5WC/new-zealand-milford-sound-with-mitre-peak-in-fiordland-national-park-EGH5WC.jpg

Milford Sound - EGH5WC

I don't want to blow anyone horn, but this is absolutely S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R. 

I visited Milford, and took that cruise, but it was all low cloud and nothing like this.  Wow. Just wow

• Like 1

First time I've taken a look at this thread in a good while.  Let's a have a go...

• Balfour Beatty engineer on path to foot and cycle bridge over River Thames, Reading, Berkshire, England, GB, UK.

balfour-beatty-engineer-on-path-to-foot-

• A cold autumnal night quickly warming at dawn led to heavy mists and fog at Sonning Bridge on the River Thames this morning.

sonning-on-thames-berkshire-25th-sep-201

• Thames Water headquarters. Reading, Berkshire, England, GB, UK.

thames-water-headquarters-reading-berksh

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

TeeCee, for some reason I can’t quite comprehend, your first image of the road/cars invokes emotion. I really like it.

Possibly it reminds me of those conditions on my many road trips. Who knows. I do like rain, so that’s a plus. Glad you uploaded it. It’s better than mine. Good luck.

Many thanks Betty, the burst of bright sunshine really makes the image I think.
And not being the driver really helped too... 😁

4 hours ago, TeeCee said:

Many thanks Betty, the burst of bright sunshine really makes the image I think.
And not being the driver really helped too... 😁

The only thing wrong is drivers are sitting wrong side of the cars, driving on wrong sides of the road. :D

Interesting topic and reminds me I need to cover this subject more. Hardly found some in my collection.

Mist from the Niagara falls

TC2AMY.jpg

London telephone box with foggy background of London eye landmark

RBBGBA.jpg

Stretching too far as this has "mist" in its name 🙂 "Maid of Mist" top down view from aero bridge.

TC2AN1.jpg

Some great shots here, hesitating to get involved!  However..

1) Another Niagara photo

tourist-boat-maid-of-the-mist-at-the-bas

2) The Mrs in early morning mist

a-female-cyclist-pushes-her-bike-through

3) Mist over Derwentwater

mist-over-derwent-water-with-a-wooden-je

• Love 1