2020 March Favourite Uploads

gvallee

On 04/03/2020 at 06:47, Alan Beastall said:

Robby meets Nutty

2B2M6T5.jpg

Bluey meets Robby.

2B2M74D.jpg

I absolutely adore these!! The birds look so puzzled, like they are seeing an ET!

Edited by Betty LaRue

My first experiment with Live News. The Grand Princess cruise ship contaminated with coronavirus where one person died of the virus, is parked a 20 minute walk from my home. So I went out there and took some photos. No sales though. I guess by the time I got there, it was yesterday's news. Most stories feature a picture of the ship passing beneath the Golden Gate Bridge.

2B678FA.jpg

2B679B5.jpg

On 11/03/2020 at 23:07, The Blinking Eye said:

My first experiment with Live News. The Grand Princess cruise ship contaminated with coronavirus where one person died of the virus, is parked a 20 minute walk from my home. So I went out there and took some photos. No sales though. I guess by the time I got there, it was yesterday's news. Most stories feature a picture of the ship passing beneath the Golden Gate Bridge.

2B678FA.jpg

2B679B5.jpg

Good images.  

i have had Sales from Live News, but only found out weeks later- still has to go through billing cycle, plus lots of sales in following weeks when turned into Stock, even for a few images that would never go through Stock QC.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Good images.  

i have had Sales from Live News, but only found out weeks later- still has to go through billing cycle, plus lots of sales in following weeks when turned into Stock, even for a few images that would never go through Stock QC.

I did notice later they say there is a delay in seeing sales so I will be curious if any sell.

And thank you. I feel like I reached a new level with these and proud of that. But quickly realized how hardcore those photographers are who get there on the scene immediately. Or the ones who got there the next day to capture photos of nurses ushering people away in wheelchairs, or people boarding a private quarantined airplane at the airport. Takes energy and stamina.

And no, I'm not simply exploiting the scene for a sale. I live within walking distance of that ship and am currently in lockdown. This is real.

• Like 1

As we had probably the first day of good weather this year, I made it out into the garden for the first time this year.

shirt-clothes-washing-line-laundry-drying-white-apparel-clean-cleanliness-cloth-clothes-line-clothesline-clothing-cotton-dry-fashion-g-2B7GX5B.jpg

(this one is probably better suited to microstock but.... )

forsythia-is-a-spring-flowering-shrub-with-yellow-flowers-2B7GX32.jpg

But with coronavirus, I expect I'll be taking more shots like this:

looking-down-at-a-laundry-basket-full-of-plastic-coat-hangers-2B7DFK5.jpg

28 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Good to see you fighting CV with a healthy diet... 🤢

Absolutely! 🙂

We collect crisp packets because our childrens' school sends them off to be recycled and gets a small payment in return.. so this collection has been built up over time and we just haven't got around to depositing them in the collection bin in the school reception yet.

• Love 2

53 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Absolutely! 🙂

We collect crisp packets because our childrens' school sends them off to be recycled and gets a small payment in return.. so this collection has been built up over time and we just haven't got around to depositing them in the collection bin in the school reception yet.

Do they collect old pens too? Ours is part of this

https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/bic-uk

and it was great to send off a bread bag full. We still have enough writing irons for about 1000 years though. Who writes now?

10 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Do they collect old pens too? Ours is part of this

https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/bic-uk

and it was great to send off a bread bag full. We still have enough writing irons for about 1000 years though. Who writes now?

Looks like an interesting scheme. Once this coronavirus madness is done with, I might suggest it to the school... I think they have other things to worry about at the moment like whether they are even going to be open in a week or two's time.

Prison Cells in Tuol Sleng War Crimes Genocide Museum inside former school used by Khmer Rouge regime as Security Prison in Phnom Pehn, Cambodia

prison-cells-in-tuol-sleng-war-crimes-ge

Figure of Tortured Prisoner Lying on Grass in Tuol Sleng War Crimes Genocide Museum, Phnom Penh Cambodia

figure-of-tortured-prisoner-lying-on-gra

I reckon that if I am going to have to be a teacher alongside doing my day job (which I can and often do from home anyway so thankfully unaffected from that perspective... I count myself as fortunate) then I might as well get some stock photos from it.

A young child proudly shows the numbers exercise that he has completed on the first day of home education due to the coronavirus pandemic Stock Photo

A child uses a laptop computer on a settee doing 'spag' (spelling, punctuation and grammar) exercises as part of education from home.due to COVID-19 Stock Photo

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Angkor Wat Murals, Main Temple:

intricate-carving-mural-detail-on-ancien

Note:  Air quality simply sucked & as result light was terrible throughout the day.   As result any outside photos -- even if you managed to dodge all the tourist swarms -- were doomed to fail.  So I focused on close-up details, and there are some f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c murals.  This is probably best photo, or at least one I like the best.    Level of detail is simply superb & extremely clear on 100%.   I hauled brick heavy 70-300L Canon lens throughout the trip, but it paid off couple of times.   Canon EOS 6D,  F8, 81mm focal length, 1/160 exposure, handheld.

• Love 3

2 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Angkor Wat Murals, Main Temple:

intricate-carving-mural-detail-on-ancien

Note:  Air quality simply sucked & as result light was terrible throughout the day.   As result any outside photos -- even if you managed to dodge all the tourist swarms -- were doomed to fail.  So I focused on close-up details, and there are some f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c murals.  This is probably best photo, or at least one I like the best.    Level of detail is simply superb & extremely clear on 100%.   I hauled brick heavy 70-300L Canon lens throughout the trip, but it paid off couple of times.   Canon EOS 6D,  F8, 81mm focal length, 1/160 exposure, handheld.

nice.  i love Angkor, i always called it as my favourite over touristic place in the world.....  

• Love 1

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

nice.  i love Angkor, i always called it as my favourite over touristic place in the world.....  

Thank you.  I was actually thinking to post Forum topic here "How to photograph Angkor Wat".  Why?  Because when you travel, as photographer, your time is limited.  You don't have luxury to come again, and again, analyze the light, best conditions, right gear, etc etc.  Its today you are there, tomorrow you are not and probably will never be again.  In my 3 days there I learned quite a few things --- from correct decision to rent bicycle in Siem Reap, to shift focus to interiors/murals/ceilings, to best strategy about fabled sunset, to ..      

Its just that we have this virus now & travel is nobody's option.  Maybe I will once this is all over, could help someone

• Love 1

Had just finished taking a shot of some early spring flowers and was packing up my camera when I turned round and found this chap staring back at me. Probably not the best picture I've ever taken but it made me smile. Plus it's probably as close as I am ever, EVER, going to get to taking a selfie!

a-shadowman-the-result-of-a-weird-juxtap

• Love 2

9 hours ago, Brizbee said:

Had just finished taking a shot of some early spring flowers and was packing up my camera when I turned round and found this chap staring back at me. Probably not the best picture I've ever taken but it made me smile. Plus it's probably as close as I am ever, EVER, going to get to taking a selfie!

a-shadowman-the-result-of-a-weird-juxtap

looks way closer than 2m, call the police

• Love 2