35 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Thank you very much William. Do go to Lord Howe Island if you have the chance, it's a trip not to be missed. It's incredibly scenic and relaxed.

My gear? Three bags of it! I'm a slave to it.

1. Bird photography: Nikon D4 and 500mm lens

2. Landscapes: Nikon D4, Nikkor 16-35mm lens or Nikkor 80-400mm zoom

3. Macro work: Nikon D500, Nikkor 105 lens, Nikon commander kit for flash

Oh the nightmare of air travel...

Thanks Gen...Great kit and selection of lenses..(versitile outfit ). .Ahh i thought you used a long tele like the 500mm, it gets you close and with quality results but yes the weight factor goes with the territory when you shoot full frame DSLR 's...I use Canon 5D3 with 16 to 35mm / 24 to 105mm / 100mm macro / and 100 to 400mm zoom / yes i would love a 500mm f4...i need to work the long zoom more on some wildlife subjects, but got enough to keep me happy...You do get around in your motorhome outback, and cover a great range of subject matter to your credit....There's plenty of stock subjects down South in Victoria for me to shoot, just got to put more effort in. 😀

7 minutes ago, William Caram said:

Thanks Gen...Great kit and selection of lenses..(versitile outfit ). .Ahh i thought you used a long tele like the 500mm, it gets you close and with quality results but yes the weight factor goes with the territory when you shoot full frame DSLR 's...I use Canon 5D3 with 16 to 35mm / 24 to 105mm / 100mm macro / and 100 to 400mm zoom / yes i would love a 500mm f4...i need to work the long zoom more on some wildlife subjects, but got enough to keep me happy...You do get around in your motorhome outback, and cover a great range of subject matter to your credit....There's plenty of stock subjects down South in Victoria for me to shoot, just got to put more effort in. 😀

Thankfully, I bought my 500mm lens long time ago. My last sales were for $3.13 - $ 3.13 and $5.10 respectively. Wouldn't help me much these days with expensive gear. 

The motorhome is a dream to travel in (two photo bags have to go in the shower cubicle though...). It's total freedom, apart from  the bushfires which have completely blown us off course. However, there is always a silver lining, as we traveled to a very scenic Outback area that we had not planned to visit. Plus we can stop whenever we feel like it, like right now in Alice Springs, and benefit from events there. Given the dire state of the market, I no longer go out of my way to cover a subject or take expensive scenic flights. I only do what I enjoy doing. It occurred to me today that Alamy has no pictures of Alice Springs Hospital which unfortunately might come up in the news soon. Am I going to make an effort? No. I'll take a picture if I drive past it. Sad.

18 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Thankfully, I bought my 500mm lens long time ago. My last sales were for $3.13 - $ 3.13 and $5.10 respectively. Wouldn't help me much these days with expensive gear. 

The motorhome is a dream to travel in (two photo bags have to go in the shower cubicle though...). It's total freedom, apart from  the bushfires which have completely blown us off course. However, there is always a silver lining, as we traveled to a very scenic Outback area that we had not planned to visit. Plus we can stop whenever we feel like it, like right now in Alice Springs, and benefit from events there. Given the dire state of the market, I no longer go out of my way to cover a subject or take expensive scenic flights. I only do what I enjoy doing. It occurred to me today that Alamy has no pictures of Alice Springs Hospital which unfortunately might come up in the news soon. Am I going to make an effort? No. I'll take a picture if I drive past it. Sad.

I did take a look at your Alice pics Gen, good variety of people pics too...love the little dog in the bright outfit..😄 At least you have a great diverse folio and image numbers, and these days you have to keep topping numbers up...We can't change the market, and yes we have heard the "good old days" comments, but if you love taking pics there's no harm in doing so....but as you say we photographers have to keep our expenses down....The world is in turmoil at present and hopefully nations learn from these events, and once we are through this down time i'm sure the world will get back to business....travel promotions etc, and hopefully a demand for images to sell the dream...stay safe

• Upvote 1

Church of Saint Mary (Roman Catholic). Cleator, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

church-of-saint-mary-roman-catholic-cleator-cumbria-england-united-kingdom-europe-ME57FW.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 12 March 2020
End: 12 March 2025
$

Luxor, Egypt.  Travel brochure use in Germany.  Near mid $$ (Distro)

africa-middle-east-egypt-egyptian-luxor-temple-of-karnak-horse-and-C3NHBK.jpg

• Like 1

Mid $$, distributor sale
2A391JF.jpg

Usage: Editorial 

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Print run: up to 10,000

Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-February-2020 ; End: 01-February-2025

Additional Details: Germany, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

• Upvote 1

There seem to be a lot more sales to Germany being reported. I, too, have had a couple reported recently. Is everyone experiencing this?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

PU sale. Seems a rather strange subject for cards, personal prints, etc. $$ First sale for March.

KFHE75.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue

11 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

PU sale. Seems a rather strange subject for cards, personal prints, etc. $$ First sale for March.

KFHE75.jpg

Very odd Personal Use!

Posted (edited)

Best licence fee for a very long time. Exactly double $$$. Direct & exclusive. And great to see who licenced it too.

Media: Museum display (single use)
Print run: Single use only
Image Size: Any size
Start: 16 March 2020
End: 16 March 2030
non-broadcast, museum exhibit materials at American Museum of Natural History and traveling to multiple other venues throughout the world simultaneously, with education/web rights, in perpetuity.

tomato-cod-or-tomato-grouper-cephalopholis-sonnerati-having-teeth-HBHW3E.jpg

Edited by cbimages
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Any sale looks good right now -- book use, Brazil distributor, low $$

Arqueopterix fossil

arqueopterix-fossil-ancestor-of-modern-b

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

Termination of the Southern Reach of the Lancaster to Kendal canal. Tewitfield, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

termination-of-the-southern-reach-of-the-lancaster-to-kendal-canal-C3EKY8.jpg

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 100,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 20 March 2020
End: 20 March 2025
Duration: 4 months ; Digital use across multiple platforms including archive rights in perpetuity

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Any sale looks good right now -- book use, Brazil distributor, low $$

Arqueopterix fossil

arqueopterix-fossil-ancestor-of-modern-b

I got one of those yesterday, too. A completely different subject though so I can image what the book is about! The first sale of the month, finally.

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

KFHE75.jpg

Hi Betty,

I've had one or two 'personal' sales of similar types of image. They have always been refunded when the buyer realizes that they are only receiving a photograph and not the actual medication which they imagined they were ordering. You might just be more lucky than I have been.

First of the month....UK book use.

Souvenir seller's stall underneath the Boudica statue by Westminster Bridge, London, UK. Stock Photo

Souvenir seller's stall underneath the Boudica statue by Westminster Bridge, London, UK.

Another German (distributor) use for a book.  Low to mid $$.  Roman mosaic in Israel

Middle East Israel Lower Galilee - Zippori National Park mosaic woman Byzantine and Roman House Stock Photo

7 hours ago, Stan Pritchard said:

Hi Betty,

I've had one or two 'personal' sales of similar types of image. They have always been refunded when the buyer realizes that they are only receiving a photograph and not the actual medication which they imagined they were ordering. You might just be more lucky than I have been.

Good to know your personal experience, Stan. So I might lose the only sale I’ve made this month! 🤓

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Ancient Chumash Native American Cave Paintings in Santa Barbara, California

16 March 2020
Educational Book

UK

$$

ancient-chumash-native-american-cave-pai

Edited by Lisa

17 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Good to know your personal experience, Stan. So I might lose the only sale I’ve made this month! 🤓

Sorry to put a damper on your only sale so far this month. I could be wrong, I hope I am. Please keep us informed of the outcome.

17 hours ago, losdemas said:

There seem to be a lot more sales to Germany being reported. I, too, have had a couple reported recently. Is everyone experiencing this?

Yes, I had a sale to Germany yesterday. $31.82, but via a distributor.

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Full area
Start: 01 February 2020
End: 01 February 2021
Germany, Travel brochures

evening-or-night-time-view-of-the-mena-house-hotel-giza-cairo-egypt-M5CFKX.jpg

Evening or night time view of the Mena House Hotel, Giza, Cairo, Egypt, North Africa

John.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sally said:

I got one of those yesterday, too. A completely different subject though so I can image what the book is about! The first sale of the month, finally.

I suppose it could be the same publisher working on several different books. Hope more sales start trickling in for you.

March is shaping up to be a surprisingly good month for me. Didn't expect it given all that's going on.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, losdemas said:

'bout time that bear got royalties! 😂

Indeed! That whole trip has been wonderful for me. Wonderful at the time and so nice to make sales. I'll never make back what I spent on it but the experience is always the important thing.

Paulette

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I had the opposite experience with a PU license for a medication image, Betty. 3 days after the first sale, a second one came in. At first I assumed it was a refund, but actually they had bought a second license. I felt sorry for the buyer if they were really looking for the medication. They never asked for a refund despite making the same mistake twice!